Menu

I would like to introduce our new baby to you:

It should be illegal to be that cute!

ETA:

I just caught her name. Are her colors Blush & Bashful? :lol:

As a matter of fact....:lol:

We were having a heck of a time naming her. Everything DH liked, I hated, and everything I liked he hated. I wanted to name her Thelma, but they shot that down (the fam). So, I kept thinking of female names in movies I liked and pitching them to DH (she is "his" dog). And since Steel Magnolias is one of my favs, I threw it out there and he latched on like a bass on a rattle trap!

As a matter of fact....:lol:

We were having a heck of a time naming her. Everything DH liked, I hated, and everything I liked he hated. I wanted to name her Thelma, but they shot that down (the fam). So, I kept thinking of female names in movies I liked and pitching them to DH (she is "his" dog). And since Steel Magnolias is one of my favs, I threw it out there and he latched on like a bass on a rattle trap!

That's cool about her name.

Around here, I say: "He was on that like a bum on a baloney sandwich!"

When we named Patch, only 3/5 of us liked any one name. Finally dh suggested Patch and 4/5 liked it! Close enough. Patch it is!

Awe! So cute! I see you live in Texas. I'm sure you know to be careful of heat exposure for this dog. Squishy faced dogs are much more vulnerable to heat stroke. We lost our Bullmastiff to heat stroke even though he was in deep shade, had fresh water and had just had a cooling bath - Bath at 1PM, dead at 6PM. I honestly thought that he was safe. It was a hot day, but only in the 90's. (Trust me, in AR "only in the 90's" does make sense!) Very heartbreaking day from which I will never fully recover. Never leave this dog outside in humid heat. Have fun with her!

Awe! So cute! I see you live in Texas. I'm sure you know to be careful of heat exposure for this dog. Squishy faced dogs are much more vulnerable to heat stroke. We lost our Bullmastiff to heat stroke even though he was in deep shade, had fresh water and had just had a cooling bath - Bath at 1PM, dead at 6PM. I honestly thought that he was safe. It was a hot day, but only in the 90's. (Trust me, in AR "only in the 90's" does make sense!) Very heartbreaking day from which I will never fully recover. Never leave this dog outside in humid heat. Have fun with her!

Thank you. I am sorry about your dog. Very sad. I did know about this. Our friends lost theirs last year after 30 minutes outside. It was only in the high 80's and he had shade too. She will only go out to potty, and if it is really hot she will wear a cooling collar even for her potty breaks.