Menu

30 - day shred: 6/16 - anybody out there????

:lol:

My first thread on this had > 500 hits! My current ones are getting about 10!

I am wondering if I am the only "shred-head" left. :D

Oh, well. I still feel like I have to "report" each day, so posting is making me feel accountable.

Today was day 6 for me.

I got my dvd yesterday and will give it a try at 4 PM (I just ate.). If you guys don't hear from me I'm either hyperventilating, being carried away by paramedics, or dh is home using the computer for his online classes. :tongue_smilie:

ETA: Tara, I got mine at amazon for $8.99 (I'm a prime member. If you want it faster, try Walmart.)

day 1 for me. DH joined me, but I don't know how long he will. He has a lower back problem that gets irritated with bouncing and jolting, so the jumping jacks, jumping rope and other bouncing moves he had to find something different. Maybe he'll just do alternate moves for those. He is really sore today. He used his 15 lb. weights for everything. But, he's a guy and he likes that pain. :tongue_smilie:

the only thing you need are hand-weights. light ones if you are out of shape...and a mat of some kind.

my 5lb weights are proving to be too heavy for me at this stage...ugh!

you jump rope with an invisable rope, no real rope needed!

oh, maybe some advil.

okay, I got up to day 3 for me, and then I missed day 4 and 5, day 5 being last night.

um, at least I'm not sore anymore!

So, do I start over counting day 1, or do I pick up where I left off?

I'd pick up where you left off. I got to Day 3 then missed over a week when I was sick and so I planned to start over at Day 1. Then when I was doing it when I started over I found I was already getting bored doing the same routine over and over again, so I just decided to count that as Day 4 after all.

I know I can try to be flexible and work this into my other videos and workouts instead of doing it again and again, but I really want to do the 30 Days for some weird reason. :tongue_smilie:

• 5 weeks later...
Where is everyone getting their video? I'm wanting to start this. I doubt I'd keep up with a daily thread here, but still...I want to do the program. Best place to buy??
Did you find the video yet? I got mine at Barnes & Noble! I saw it at Fred Meyer also.

I've had this video for awhile, but only done a couple of levels. I haven't done the 30-day thing.

How's everyone doing? Still going? I REALLY need to start this!

How's everyone doing? Still going? I REALLY need to start this!

I'm new to the boards and had't heard about this, but I'm ordering my DVD from Amazon and will join the others as soon as I receive it.

How does this work; do we check-in everyday, once a week...?

This looks like it's going to be painful. :ack2:

I am mixing in some of her No More Trouble Zones dvd now. I like it much better since it is less "jumpy." It is longer 50 minutes, but you do not have to do all the circuits.

I posted every day (almost) while I was doing this, so if you search "shred" you can see my progress and thoughts on it.

I did the 30 days and now am basically doing it over but at the level 3.

Still enjoying it plus I still do my other exercise as well but I love the pace and time frame for it.

What other exercise do you do as well?

It's unusually hot here this week, and we have no air conditioning. It gets above 80 degrees in our house, and only down to high 70's inside at night, so I'm having a hard time exercising! Wish I had a pool to swim in!

• 2 weeks later...

I am over 50 and out of shape....need to exercise, hate to exercise, but know that I can't keep putting it off. I am inspired by the Biggest Loser program, so know Jillian by that.

So anyway, would this program work for someone like me that wants to start exercising at home and is totally out of shape? Or is it geared more for people that are already fit and just need a new routine?

Whew! Just the thought of this makes me short of breath. :lol:

Blessings,

Lucinda

What other exercise do you do as well?

It's unusually hot here this week, and we have no air conditioning. It gets above 80 degrees in our house, and only down to high 70's inside at night, so I'm having a hard time exercising! Wish I had a pool to swim in!

We do karate for 2-3 hours a day 3-4 days a a week. and cardio kickboxing at the dojo 3 times a week. I run on the treadmill for 1 hour a day and walk/run the dogs 2-3 miles a day, depending on the weather.

Plus, lots of play with the children, personal trampoline, vollying balloons around,etc.

Those are our staples.

I am over 50 and out of shape....need to exercise, hate to exercise, but know that I can't keep putting it off. I am inspired by the Biggest Loser program, so know Jillian by that.

So anyway, would this program work for someone like me that wants to start exercising at home and is totally out of shape? Or is it geared more for people that are already fit and just need a new routine?

Blessings,

Lucinda

There are three levels of intensity on the DVD. Each routine is only 25 minutes long. She gives modifications for beginners. Really, for almost every exercise. The idea is that you spen 10 days on each level, but you could certainly stay on the lower levels longer until you built up to the next level. I was totally out of shape, too. After the first day on level one, I could barely walk down the stairs. BUT, it did get better, and I got stronger! You can do it! Rah rah! Is there a cheerleader smilie?

There are three levels of intensity on the DVD. Each routine is only 25 minutes long. She gives modifications for beginners. Really, for almost every exercise. The idea is that you spen 10 days on each level, but you could certainly stay on the lower levels longer until you built up to the next level. I was totally out of shape, too. After the first day on level one, I could barely walk down the stairs. BUT, it did get better, and I got stronger! You can do it! Rah rah! Is there a cheerleader smilie?

This sounds like the perfect plan for me while also being more PE for dd! I'm headin' off to Amazon.com to find it.

Thank you Hoggirl!!! :)

Blessings,

Lucinda

Blessings,

Lucinda

I saw that you were going to go ahead and order this but might I suggest getting another video as well? You might look into Kathy Smith and/or Leslie Sansone's walking videos. I am getting back into exercise and I think th 30 Day Shred is a little rough for someone who hasn't exercised in a while. And Jillian doesn't show modifications at all. I'm sorry, but there are some legit reasons someone shouldn't do jumping jacks. I went ahead and modified with some moves I learned from all the old videos I used to watch, like Kathy Smith.

Still going. I've been alternating with running. I'm at day 23 now. I guess I need to go back to level 1 and really kick arse because I'm not getting enough result. I mean I can see some change, but at first it was like 'wow' now it's like 'um, not so much' Oh well, my fitness level in general has improved, my endurance. I *feel* better.