Menu

Is it a really rainy spring everywhere this year?

We have had rain almost every day for over a month now. We usually get some afternoon showers in the month of June, but not every day. There isn't a day in the forecast where it isn't supposed to rain in the next week. We are planning an early birthday party for my daughter this weekend. It was going to be an outside ... have fun in the sun ... get wet party, but we have had to come up with some indoor stuff to do since most likely even if it isn't raining the entire time, it is just too cool to do water stuff. :001_huh:

It hasn't been like last year....THANKFULLY.

We regularly hear of "isolated thunderstorms" but they almost always are north and west of us. So I planned for us to mow the yard today before going out of town. It has been raining almost non-stop (and VERY HARD) since 8pm last night. So the kids get out of doing the yard before going to grandma's <sigh>.

Somewhat rainy here in Southeast PA. But we needed it. It was drought-y for the past few years.

This is common around here. We are very dry for a number of years, then we get a lovely rainy year, then back to being dry.

Tennessee does nothing but rain. Of course everyone tells me that this is rare.

But then I heard an old lady say that no matter what the weather is folks always say, "It normally isn't like this."

We were in Missouri end of last month and we drove from Tennessee.

In Illinois and Indiana we could see the puddles in the farm land and some areas of trees were swamped with standing water.

Quite high....you could tell that it wasn't always this way.

Everyone in Missouri said how much rain they have been getting.

Not really, but there's a huge arc that encompasses much of the mid-parts of the country (I believe it includes your area - not sure). It's slated to be much cooler for the entire summer. I'm on the eastern edge of it. The area around Lake Michigan is slated to have no real "summer" at all this year due to so much cooler weather....

Guest VAmama

First day here in 5 days without rain!! Really enjoying the sun!:001_smile: But I can't complain about the rain.. It has done wonders for my garden!!!!!

or rather postponed. Part of it is that the city is very protective of the fields. Part of it is that we play on baseball field and it's baseball season. Of course it's all because of the rain.

The guy in charge has never had this many games rained out!

That I am very grateful that I haven't had to water my lawn yet. It is very green too. :001_smile:

There have just been times when I needed to get something done outside and so far that hasn't been possible. It seems to always be raining or muddy.