Menu

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I was helped by a man when I got a flat tire on a dark section of highway in my sports car with 2 kids in the back, and I was pregnant. Pre-everyone-has-a-cell-phone. I will forever be grateful for the guy who very quickly slapped on my spare tire and disappeared back into his vehicle while I was panicked for the safety of my kids (getting hit on the side of a highway is way too common, even for emergency services with flashing lights) AND for this stranger-man I knew nothing about. Especially without a cell phone. I still prefer to be approached by a woman than a man, and I try to approach women who may appear to need help first.
  3. He’s male so they won’t brush it off as anxiety. And I’m an upper mid level manager in the health system we use according to the org chart. I recognize it’s privilege. I still suspect vestibular migraine, but those usually ebb and flow and this doesn’t.
  4. I do this with shower, but it’s always that I think I hear the baby crying.
  5. Well…actually I’m not really feeling very stressed these days at all. I was definitely stressed out in my early days of motherhood, but I’m in a pretty good place right now.
  6. Nope, but I do sleep with the baby.
  7. I think dental health is mostly a genetic thing. Consider my two (now grown) sons. They grew up having been taught the same level of dental hygiene, seeing the same dentist and orthodontist, using the same brand/type of toothpaste, brushes and floss. Oldest DS has always been prone to cavities, and (now in his mid/late 20s) has already needed a crown. He's always eaten much healthier than youngest DS (for example, he never ever drinks soda or juice and eats very few sweets/sugary foods, and youngest lives on soda and juice and eats a lot of sweets). But youngest has only ever had one cavity in his life, and that was after his braces were removed. I suspect youngest got lucky with better/stronger tooth enamel, but that's just a guess.
  8. DS14 will be plenty busy this summer. He has two short (5-day, 6-day) overnight camps, one at the beginning and one at the end of summer. In the middle: -daily morning work: 1h each day consisting of schoolwork for the coming year, working out, and 'mandatory fun' - things he wouldn't explore on his own until he gets over the first hump. -volunteering: he has a few full days and a couple short days -camping? His troop wanted to do a great trip but logistics weren't feasible. I'm considering doing it with him, just the two of us (camping on an island), backpacking in and out. Most of his daytime will be spent watching tv or lounging about, and evenings will be swimming and hanging out with friends or family. He's considering picking up a job at our local theatre.
  9. Every summer I sign the kids up for 1-2 week long camps to keep them occupied. This year even the 13yo is doing one. My 13yo is doing a skincare camp where she will be making lip Gloss and moisturizer and learning about the products. My 12yo is going to do an overnight camp with her Girl Guides troop and doing a weekday long Art Camp. My 10yo is doing an Archery Camp in August and 2 weeks everyday of swimming lessons in July. My other 10yo is doing an August cooking class camp and 2 weeks everyday of swimming lessons in July. My 6yo is doing swimming lessons - 2 sets for a total of 1 month and doing a cooking class camp for a week in August.
  10. Today
  11. Wordle 1,042 4/6 ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜ 🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  12. I've always found you're either way into them or you're not. I am not 😆. My oldest is going to be a stuffie for life girl, my 6yo is going to be a stuffie for life girl. The rest(except the toddler) have given them up.
  13. It’s in fashion. I really love the blue denim shirt on blue jeans look since I prefer a monochrome look for myself. I just don’t own a denim shirt and little did I know the 90s fashion would be back or I would have kept my wardrobe from back then. And you look fabulous!
  14. The other possibility with brain lesions and arm weakness is Parkinson's. My brother was diagnosed before he was 50. I am trying to persuade him to get a fecal transplant as there's good recent research showing a big decrease in symptoms.
  15. I’m glad they are pursuing this aggressively. I have a friend with a similar MRI and neurological symptoms in various body parts, and she’s getting the brush off.
  16. This happened to us too with our oldest. Definitely "boy who cried wolf" situation. He broke his wrist at soccer camp, but I thought he was okay since he complained less about the wrist than he did about everything else. He always overreacted/whined about everything. I sent him back to soccer camp for two more days after that before I realized that he wasn't using his wrist or even lifting it - it was just hanging limply. I was SO embarrassed at the ER when each person would come in and ask what happened and when and I'd have to say it was two days ago. I felt very guilty about it and still do. As you can see from all the other posts, it's so easy to miss at first. I agree that you should give yourself some grace. I hope it heals well.
  17. Lelephant was delivered instead of the socks I ordered for my mother about five years ago. The shop said to keep him as well as the refund. I find that cuddling him helps me to keep from kinking my back when I lie on my side.
  18. This thread has quite a few TMI replies but seems relevant https://www.quora.com/A-friend-of-mine-claims-that-a-half-hour-after-eating-lettuce-she-gets-diarrhea-and-it-has-chunks-of-lettuce-Ive-read-that-the-quickest-a-food-can-get-through-the-digestive-tract-is-6-8-hours-Is-her-claim-possible-And-if-so-how-does-it-work-through-her-system-so-fast
  19. Thanks. This describes actual allergy type reactions so who knows if it's what's causing mine. It is all gastro and severe.
  20. I call them soft toys. Had to google stuffies. I guess my answer is a yes and no. The giraffe soft toy in my avatar is sometimes on the headrest portion of my bed. I roll around when sleeping so any soft toy would have landed on the floor by morning. Blåhaj the shark is permanent resident on my younger son’s bed.
  21. I slept with 2 until I had my first baby. Mr. Cuddles the bear sure helped prop that pregnant belly up towards the end.
  22. Teddy is REAL. And that's all I'm saying about that! 😉
  23. No, but I did into my mid 20's.
  24. Yes. Always have, always will. Spouse has no opinion or if he does he's kept it to himself all these years. I call them stuffties but bow to popular spelling. I had been thinking of this topic for a few weeks then this article appeared today: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/25/style/stuffy-dating-stuffed-animals-relationship.html?
  25. It might be the level/amount of sulphites present. I have seen staff cut open large packs of frozen vegetables and pour directly into the woks or bins. https://www.ifsqn.com/forum/index.php/topic/19952-allergen-management-sodium-metabisulphite-used-to-wash-products/?ampmode=1 “in the previous audit a non conformance was raised stating that sodium metabisulphite was not taken in to account as a allergen. i am un sure how to rectify this as we use it im potatoes, cabbages and a salad washer machine for the lettuce packs.” “In Australia, our national legislation around allergens requires mandatory declarations if the product contains added sulphites in concentrations of 10mg/kg or more. You would also need to check any customer requirements for limits as well if they have been documented as part of contracts or audit criteria's.”
  26. I'm sorry you are beating yourself up now. My oldest was 14 when he broke his ankle. I pretended it wasn't broken for a night entirely because we didn't have insurance and I was just panicking, willling it to not be broken. He ultimately needed surgery to set it. The hospital social worker helped us access Medicare for him which was life-changing, but yeah, also my worst parenting moment.
  1. Load more activity