Menu

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The other possibility with brain lesions and arm weakness is Parkinson's. My brother was diagnosed before he was 50. I am trying to persuade him to get a fecal transplant as there's good recent research showing a big decrease in symptoms.
  3. Today
  4. I’m glad they are pursuing this aggressively. I have a friend with a similar MRI and neurological symptoms in various body parts, and she’s getting the brush off.
  5. This happened to us too with our oldest. Definitely "boy who cried wolf" situation. He broke his wrist at soccer camp, but I thought he was okay since he complained less about the wrist than he did about everything else. He always overreacted/whined about everything. I sent him back to soccer camp for two more days after that before I realized that he wasn't using his wrist or even lifting it - it was just hanging limply. I was SO embarrassed at the ER when each person would come in and ask what happened and when and I'd have to say it was two days ago. I felt very guilty about it and still do. As you can see from all the other posts, it's so easy to miss at first. I agree that you should give yourself some grace. I hope it heals well.
  6. Lelephant was delivered instead of the socks I ordered for my mother about five years ago. The shop said to keep him as well as the refund. I find that cuddling him helps me to keep from kinking my back when I lie on my side.
  7. This thread has quite a few TMI replies but seems relevant https://www.quora.com/A-friend-of-mine-claims-that-a-half-hour-after-eating-lettuce-she-gets-diarrhea-and-it-has-chunks-of-lettuce-Ive-read-that-the-quickest-a-food-can-get-through-the-digestive-tract-is-6-8-hours-Is-her-claim-possible-And-if-so-how-does-it-work-through-her-system-so-fast
  8. Thanks. This describes actual allergy type reactions so who knows if it's what's causing mine. It is all gastro and severe.
  9. I call them soft toys. Had to google stuffies. I guess my answer is a yes and no. The giraffe soft toy in my avatar is sometimes on the headrest portion of my bed. I roll around when sleeping so any soft toy would have landed on the floor by morning. Blåhaj the shark is permanent resident on my younger son’s bed.
  10. I slept with 2 until I had my first baby. Mr. Cuddles the bear sure helped prop that pregnant belly up towards the end.
  11. Teddy is REAL. And that's all I'm saying about that! 😉
  12. No, but I did into my mid 20's.
  13. Yes. Always have, always will. Spouse has no opinion or if he does he's kept it to himself all these years. I call them stuffties but bow to popular spelling. I had been thinking of this topic for a few weeks then this article appeared today: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/25/style/stuffy-dating-stuffed-animals-relationship.html?
  14. It might be the level/amount of sulphites present. I have seen staff cut open large packs of frozen vegetables and pour directly into the woks or bins. https://www.ifsqn.com/forum/index.php/topic/19952-allergen-management-sodium-metabisulphite-used-to-wash-products/?ampmode=1 “in the previous audit a non conformance was raised stating that sodium metabisulphite was not taken in to account as a allergen. i am un sure how to rectify this as we use it im potatoes, cabbages and a salad washer machine for the lettuce packs.” “In Australia, our national legislation around allergens requires mandatory declarations if the product contains added sulphites in concentrations of 10mg/kg or more. You would also need to check any customer requirements for limits as well if they have been documented as part of contracts or audit criteria's.”
  15. I'm sorry you are beating yourself up now. My oldest was 14 when he broke his ankle. I pretended it wasn't broken for a night entirely because we didn't have insurance and I was just panicking, willling it to not be broken. He ultimately needed surgery to set it. The hospital social worker helped us access Medicare for him which was life-changing, but yeah, also my worst parenting moment.
  16. I often hear the phone ringing in my sleep or when I'm in the shower when it isn't actually. "Exploding head syndrome" is my new favorite go-to explanation for everything.
  17. Thanks. It's super weird because I eat shredded packaged lettuce from the grocery store. This has only happened at restaurants or catering but consistently. It used to be random which is when I thought it was contamination. But now it's even just 3 bites (when I forgot) or apparently one leaf on a sandwich that I even pulled some of it off as a precaution but thought I was being silly as I've never had an issue with a small bit like that.
  18. Did she end up on Slynd? I would encourage trying that, because it won't add to the estrogen load and if it works without emotional issues, she could eventually try a hormonal IUD, which can be a lower dose and gets rid of periods for many women entirely. ETA: if/when she tries the IUD, make sure they have anesthesia available. For many women it's NBD but for those who it hurts, it really hurts.
  19. The Foundation Room is real effort for sure! I think you should like the vibe.
  20. I slept walked and slept talked in full sentences in my early 20s during a high stress time of my life. As in one of my closest friends had been murdered. I still sleep talk a lot. And I dream like I am insane. So my guess is just high stress. Being a mother to many I would say would put you in that category.
  21. I’m sorry you guys are dealing with this, but glad it’s being taken seriously.
  22. Tennis was fun tonight, and I was playing a little better. Still many mistakes, but I had more focus. I'm not sure where my brain was last night. 🤪 I went for 2 nice dog walks today, and finally got back to my strength and stretch exercises I'd dropped for a few weeks.
  23. Dd17 got a tick off the back of my knee. Stupid thing. Prolly hitched a ride when I was mowing the lawn.
  1. Load more activity