Menu

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Perhaps a dishpan with soapy water and an old towel at the door for a quick paw wash before they come back in.
  3. Has he had a person who harvests wood look at it? If it’s a hard wood there might be some money in it.
  4. I'm late to the party, but the dress is perfect. 🙂
  5. ikslo

Wordle

Wordle 1,056 3/6 🟨⬜🟨⬜🟨 🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  6. We wash our dog's paws when she comes in and it helps tremendously. If it were me, I'd keep three sets of damp cloths and dry cloths by the door. I'd have the dogs come in one at a time and give them a quick body wipe down first, then wipe and dry their paws. For the door, could you use a magnetic rod at the top and hang an inexpensive curtain over the window? You could tie it partially open during the day so the dog could see out. You are very hospitable. ❤️
  7. That’s so great things are going well with your future dil. That relationship can be so tricky! We are currently renting and I may never buy a house again (partly because of prices!!) but also it is so nice not having to worry about trees, etc. I got my nails done today and can see why people like to do that. I just keep staring at them- makes me happy. We have a busy few weekends so I’m trying to plan so everyone can get where they need to go. My two middle boys each have a couple of babysitting jobs and I love that they like doing that and that people hire them. My two youngest have their middle school dance tonight and I love seeing everyone dressed up. Next weekend I am going to see Taylor Swift with a few neighbors and then the next weekend my oldest graduates from high school.
  8. DawnM

Wordle

Wordle 1,056 5/6 ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨 🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜ ⬜⬜🟨🟨🟨 🟨🟨🟨⬜🟨 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  9. I'm trying a new Friday experiment called "Not prodding ds". Not making him eat breakfast, do chores, get dressed.....it took him more than half his time so far to make it up to his bedroom and figure out he needed to do things. Breakfast hasn't been asked for, but I know his school has it available if he's hungry. I *DID* mow the lawn yesterday. No mouse in sight. Good thing, too, because we're right back to the rain. Today: take ds to school schoolwork violin coffee time organize the weekend with dh YPT recert for scouts. I might compete with ds25 on this because he needs to do it, too. dinner: lemon chicken. It was meant to be yesterday but I worked late, and everyone else in the house was trying not to disturb. We had burgers on the grill instead. family time? Maybe.
  10. Wordle 1,056 3/6 ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨 ⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  11. It's not outrageous if that's how you like it. That's the joy of making coffee at home. Whatever your way is, it's the right way. 😉
  12. Today
  13. I don't think any mat is going to help much. Right now I have small dogs, but I used to have very large (and sometimes very furry) ones, and I've fostered a ton of all sizes. I've never found a mat that was helpful. The dogs walk (or run) over them so quickly the contact time is too limited for them to do much. We keep microfiber towels at each door (I try to find ones that have loops so we can hang them from the doorknobs) and wipe paws when we come in. Bits of grass, twigs and leaves that get stuck in hair/fur get pulled or brushed out. I think it's going to take a lot of effort by the humans involved rather than specific products.
  14. I have no idea why but I always thought it was 1 TB per cup water. I like it strong so I use a heaping TB per cup. And I drink it black. I don’t know where I got that but I do know I can’t really drink coffee outside the house and enjoy it. But wow I guess what I’m doing is really outrageous and now I don’t know where I learned it.
  15. No mat advice, but I do keep my blinds pulled up just above the GSD’s eyeline so he can have a clear view and not mess with the rest (which he could reach, but doesn’t need to.) Of course the height of my house and windows play into that working well. And it means lots of slobbery windows.
  16. I checked last night when I set the pot! I use an old 1/8 cup scoop and use 3 HEAPING scoops to 8oz water. Of dark roast grounds. No idea what the conversion is, but it works for us! (We are not allowed to make the coffee at the firehouse unless we’re using the premeasured packages.)
  17. Adding: Europe is a pretty good example of the pronunciation of my name for those of you outside of the NY/NJ area, lol.
  18. My elementary school music teacher used to sing this every time he saw me. (Just the name line! Not the stuff I heard MUCH later!) And then there was Europe.
  19. Technically, it was vehicle 2, but not that specific one. I hunted across a wide radius (thank goodness for the internet) and wound up paying more than I was hoping to, but it checks all the boxes plus features that I didn’t need but are admittedly very nice! White with all the blackout stuff. Inventory is insanely low right now with most 2024s still “in transit”. I wasn’t able to get as good of a deal as I probably could have if the new model wasn’t hung up. But I definitely wanted the 23. I’m glad to hear you love it! I’m pretty happy less than 24 hours later, lol. My goal is always at least 10 years with a vehicle, so I had better be!
  20. My friend told me all Novavax had expired and ATAGI hasn't approved the new lot, so the slots are probably computer glitches (my local chemist had Novavax slots too, but definitely no Novavax). I think Pfizer slightly less full on than Moderna, if you had to choose between the two.
  21. Hubby couldn't sleep either so we were chatting about what he will put in the email to his former partners, he thought of some very good scenarios he needs to put in there..this is so complicated and I feel so out of my depth Love, love, love my future DIL. I reached out asking some questions about the wedding to her mom and she immediately created a text thread for the three of us and we will Facetime on Saturday. I love that she is including me in all of this even though she doesn't really have to. She is very organized it looks like ( her registry is already done). I have to laugh. My son may have some issues with me but he is marrying a first born woman who loves music and sings and is a planner...she is an awful lot like me. 🙂 Looking forward to seeing our friend today. Glad he is helping my husband organize and pack all of the trunks. He is going to have someone cut down the tree. The quote yesterday was 1700.... because its trunk is so massive. I am guessing it is 150 years old or something. May try to take a pic at some time.
  22. It was such a horrible movie, it was quickly forgotten...but yeah my namesake car going around killing people.. I never saw the movie. I did read the book when it came out since it had my name, but hated it. I am not a Stephen King fan at all. I think I tried one other book but hated it as well. But yeah people would sing the KISS song to me all the time...
  23. If you freeze your accounts that should be a big one. We had someone file income tax in our names. We found out when we tried to submit it and found out they had already sent a refund to someone else... We got our real refund a year or so late. We have frozen our accounts and now each have a pin when we file our taxes. Other than that... There was some kind of breach in some kind of medical system because it was doctors that had this issue (national, not local). But yeah, our social security numbers are out on the dark web somewhere. But freezing our credit won't let anyone open up anything, buy anything, etc. with our names/numbers. Welcome to the modern world, unfortunately.
  24. Quiet Time/ Rule of Life Watch Jazz up Your Writing while cleaning Polish newsletter with Jazz up your writing Shower WHAT AM I DOING FOR PAID Finish rough draft of book review Shower Sweep and Mop Clean Dining Room✔️ Help with packing medical supplies? Cook lunch for our guest Clean my study in case our guest spends the night? Write Wednesday post Analyze March budget Create April budget
  25. Cannot sleep so might as well get started
  26. There’s five novavax slots left at Port Lincoln! Pity it’s a 10 hour drive I think you can only have it as a first shot though not a booster
  1. Load more activity