Menu

The BEST Mother's Day gift ever!

creekland

Not much brings me to tears (of happiness).  This one did.  I hope all of you can be so fortunate in your lives when your kids are older.

ps If you decide to watch the whole thing, note they appreciate my choice to be there for them rather than working full time.  I know that comes up sometimes in other threads.

pss  Also note that just my middle and younger son created this.  Oldest had the opportunity to be involved... and chose not to.  One can't please everyone all the time.  Don't sweat the small stuff.

• Like 35

I didn't watch the whole thing but what I saw was so sweet.

It's funny what kids remember and treasure as adults. I enjoyed your one son talking about his breakfast at McDonald's, and how that was special to him.

One of my favorite memories with my mom was that a couple of times in my youth, she'd take me, and only me, with her to Raleigh to the big shopping mall, Crabree Valley. That was pretty much a whole day's trip for us back then. But it was just me and her, and as a middle child, that was very important. I remember shopping with her at Sam Goody, and buying my first single, Seasons in the Sun (don't laugh!), and we went to a little store and bought jasmine tea to take home. It just amazes me sometimes the minutia that I can remember, when bigger things are not so very clear.

Edited by Serenade
  • Like 5

I didn't watch the whole thing but what I saw was so sweet.

It's funny what kids remember and treasure as adults. I enjoyed your one son talking about his breakfast at McDonald's, and how that was special to him.

One of my favorite memories with my mom was that a couple of times in my youth, she'd take me, and only me, with her to Raleigh to the big shopping mall, Crabree Valley. That was pretty much a whole day's trip for us back then. But it was just me and her, and as a middle child, that was very important. I remember shopping with her at Sam Goody, and buying my first single, Seasons in the Sun (don't laugh!), and we went to a little store and bought jasmine tea to take home. It just amazes me sometimes the minutia that I can remember, when bigger things are not so very clear.

Ditto on how it's amazing what we remember.  The lad was off a little bit - though he was just 2 - 3 years old so that's quite forgiveable.  We went to Hardees, not McDonalds.  Middle son was getting his speech therapy at the time and oldest was in school so it was our little time together.  I remember it fondly.  I never knew he did!

I loved getting nostalgic over their other memories too.  Silly me... I thought the pineapples were because they liked them!  They were started as a botany project in our homeschooling years...  Guess perhaps it's time they went (sigh).  FWIW, we only had 6...

I laughed at the cats part!  Yes cats... one always should have something around to cuddily remind us we're merely servants in the big scheme of life.   :lol:

My memories with my mom are quite fuzzy.  She and my dad got divorced when I was 11 and I lived with him.  He poisoned my impression of her.  I never realized he was wrong/lying and she was quite nice until I had kids of my own. :confused: 

We are making our memories now (and over the past 2 decades).

• Like 4

Awww, thank you for sharing your boys with us.  They are kind and generous men; you've taught and modeled for them very, very well.

One of mine hasn't figured out the beauty of gratitude yet, either.   Ah, well.

You rock, girl! 

Happy Mother's Day to you, and to us all!

Edited by Halftime Hope
  • Like 3

You are a blessed woman, but I bet you already knew that. :)

Thanks for sharing this. <3

I certainly feel it today.  There's literally no gift they could have bought that would have been as rewarding and perfect.

My sincere wish for everyone on the Hive is they/you get some sort of similar grateful feedback when your kids are grown.

• Like 2