Menu

Ignore this thread!

No no. Paige needs to be wilting in the bed, unable to stand. Unable to do anything, and likely to drool or vomit into any comestibles she is attempting to prepare for anyone. She needs to complain of aches all over, and crushing fatigue. Obviously someone this bad off needs her Mommy to be a Mommy again. Mommies clean up the mess their sick daughter makes. Mommies deal with the drool and snot and vomit and sweaty towels and bedding and laundry. Mommies bring cool drinks of water, and crushed ice, and make and bring good soup. Mommies will listen unendingly to the pitiful whine and cries of their besieged offspring, or go insane from having to hear it all and leave (so as not to add to the burden). But why would her Mommy come and stay so long and then refuse to take care of poor Paige when Paige is in such sorry shape?

Paige could have a bell to ring whenever she needs her Mommy to come fetch the tissue that fell on the floor just out of reach, or adjust the blinds so there's just enough light in the room but not too much because her head hurts, or bring her books or the remote, or turn on the ceiling fan because she's hot or turn it off again two minutes later because now she's cold.

Perhaps when Mommy is asleep Paige might muster just enough strength to go wake Mommy up by breathing heavily in Mommy's face and shaking her. Paige, after all, would be trying to get needed help but not want to wake anyone else. Sorry Daddy, didn't mean to jostle Mommy so much and bump you. Mommy's going to listen to me a while an come help me. Sorry, other visitors, didn't mean to fall against your doors with such loud thumps. Guess Paige is still woozy and weak.

Oh, look. Paige just dropped a bunch of loud, rackety dishes and silverware, trying to take care of everyone else while there are there.

Wow. If that is from experience, you have some really needy sick people in your life!

#knockthemoutwithmeds

• Like 3

Oh dear. Dh just got off the phone with his brother who told him that FIL's leg veins were so bad they couldn't even do an angiogram so they just went in to do some kind of surgery and will see tomorrow if his circulation is any better (he had two blockages). Worst case scenario is they have to amputate his leg below the knee.

Sure wish they would move off the mountain but apparently it has been FIL refusing to leave. This might possibly force his hand and he and MIL can move to Indianapolis with BIL.

Oh dear. Dh just got off the phone with his brother who told him that FIL's leg veins were so bad they couldn't even do an angiogram so they just went in to do some kind of surgery and will see tomorrow if his circulation is any better (he had two blockages). Worst case scenario is they have to amputate his leg below the knee.

Sure wish they would move off the mountain but apparently it has been FIL refusing to leave. This might possibly force his hand and he and MIL can move to Indianapolis with BIL.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Mal: I want to cuddle you.

Me: okay, let's cuddle.

Mal: we have to hide. *pulls the nuclear blanket over our heads, which prompts the pups to jump on our heads*

I toss the pups down and pull off the blanket.

Mal: I want to cuddle you! I want to cuddle you!

Me: okay let's cuddle now.

Mal: I'm going to cuddle on the top. *climbs onto my shoulders*

Me: why don't you go watch Octonauts in the playroom?

Mal: you don't want to cuddle me?

Me: I love to cuddle you, but I need a little space right now.

Mal: you have space. You have more space than me. You know why? Because this is a couch and there's space for EVERYONE!

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I'm guessing they would come anyway.  And expect Paige to take care of them.  :glare:

Yes, that was last year. I warned them that I had gotten a very nasty virus and was miserable. They came anyway. Luckily, we had already planned not to cook (which is why brother wants to do better this year) so there was little to do. I kept telling them I did not want to touch the food at all (to prepare) but ended up doing some and every single one of them got my virus either before they went home or within days of leaving.

If I do the same thing every day, the kids whine they're bored. If I try something new, they whine that they want the stuff they're bored with.  :banghead:

#whydoibother?

#nothingmatters

Okay. Dd’s blood is on its way.

I feel like I missed something.

:grouphug:

• Like 3

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

• Like 1

What is wrong with people?? MIL asked DDa what her favorite subject was. She said it was band. MIL said, no, a real subject. DD was  :huh: . Then she said her next favorite would be math. MIL said, "Girls aren't supposed to like math!" Way to encourage her interests, Grandma! Maybe she should work really hard and be Don Draper's secretary. 

DD was offended but came to me and said she was proud of herself for being able to nod and smile. It was DD's best choice- we don't engage when people are nuts. 

#whatimdealingwith

• Like 7

My kids have been prepared that grandma is not a supporter of women's rights (and other things) the way we think of them so DD was not really upset, but more astonished about how right I was. I have coached them to nod and smile (pass the bean dip) but even I am surprised about what she said. 

• Like 10

Imma get ready extra early tomorrow and hit the AFSA :ack2: and then Kohl's (I have two coupons and a gift card and I would really like to have a bOOkshelf that fits!) and then church for a volunteer thing. Then home and hopefully the house will not be burned down and kids will be sitting at the kitchen table pleasantly doing their grammar lessons. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 6