Menu

Anyone cheating and watching Downton Abbey already? (Spoilers!)

Xuzi

Poor Marigold! Do not tear her away from the family who loves her and put her in a boarding school in FRANCE. She is what...not even three years old?

Could Cora not see what a creeper Mr. Bricker was? She should have locked her door since Robert was away.

I, too, was glad to see Tom bid the schoolteacher adieu.

What the heck is wrong with Thomas? He keeps looking worse and worse.

And who really killed Mr. Green? Not many people knew about what he did to Anna. Did Mary hire a hitman?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh! And something I just remembered from last night's episode: the scene with Mary and Gillingham's ex-fiance! I can't remember who was the guy that set that up? Napier? Anyway, when Miss Fox stormed off (and I loved her "I hope you choke on it" line. :lol: ) he said something like "That was just a scene we had to play" or something along those lines. It seemed like it was part of some larger ploy? Did anyone get that impression? I'm trying to figure out if he's trying to help Mary out or something.

I was very glad to see Ms Bunting go. I never felt much romantic chemistry there, anyway, so I didn't really get all that "I loved you" talk.

Isabel (sp?) needs to make a decision -- and I hope she says yes! Or...for her to realize she does actually love the country doctor and make a love match there. :p

I quite like the route that Rose's new interest has taken! That could make for some interesting storylines.

Oh, Edith. I wish Mr Drew would enlighten his wife (& shut her up). Geez-a-Lou! She's a pill. Yes, yes, Edith is annoying (in her eyes) but boy...

I hope Tom doesn't go off to America...but the previews show Edith maybe confiding in him next episode?

Mr & Mrs Bates: I don't even know what to say. Can we please have a season of happiness for those two?!

Oh! And something I just remembered from last night's episode: the scene with Mary and Gillingham's ex-fiance! I can't remember who was the guy that set that up? Napier? Anyway, when Miss Fox stormed off (and I loved her "I hope you choke on it" line. :lol: ) he said something like "That was just a scene we had to play" or something along those lines. It seemed like it was part of some larger ploy? Did anyone get that impression? I'm trying to figure out if he's trying to help Mary out or something.

That's Charles Blake. Mary had to choose between him & Gillingham...so he's a potential love interest for Mary.

In the scenes for the next week's show, Bates is saying to Anna, "You think I'm a murderer?"- now, maybe that means he didn't do it, or maybe he's trying to keep Anna in the dark... who knows- but it surprised me. 

Also, I LOVE the friendship that has developed between Isobel and Violett.  I think that is so sweet.  Although I'm trying to place ages here... shouldn't Isobel be about the age of Robert?  Or should we assume Matthew was a bit older than Mary and therefore Isobel might be a half generation between Robert and Violet? 

I didn't mean "obsess over" as in Edith doesn't really love Marigold- I'm sure she does.  But I do think it is in the best interests of the girl for her to close that chapter of her life.  Create a trust fund for her if she likes, give the information to the Drews, then encourage them to move away, on condition they send her a couple letters each year or something.  I don't think Mrs. Drew is being crazy with disliking Edith.  For all she knows, Edith is just the rick girl up the street who is obsessed with her kid.  I would ABSOLUTELY freak if someone was coming to my house every time I turned around to play with one of my children in particular, and trying to suggest she might put her down for a nap or feed her or take her for a walk...  It would totally creep me out.  So I feel for Mrs. Drew.  As someone up thread mentioned, if Edith got her back, she'd end up being raised by the nanny anyway (though I'm guessing Edith would be a lot more involved than Mary is with George), so she'd be separated twice from her "mother", brought to the house of the crazy neighbor lady, and then only see her for an hour a day anyway, while yet another stranger raises her.  Poor kid! 

I think if Michael showed up and got Edith pregnant fast, she would be able to let Marigold go.  Not that she'd stop loving her, but she'd be able to move on with her life and let the Drews move on as well. 

I think Mrs. Drew is rather daft that she hasn't figured out that Marigold is Edith's daughter. I mean really why else would Edith take such an interest in her. She never showed interest in any of Mrs Drew's children before. But maybe such a "scandal" in that time wouldn't cross her mind and she believes everything her husband says without question. Regardless, due to the culture at that time and pressure from her Aunt and Grandmother and society, it understandably (to me anyways) seems Edith feels like she made a mistake (Giving up Marigold). She does want to be a part of her daughter's life. There are adopted children that do want to know their birth mother. I don't feel like Edith giving her daughter to the Drew's and moving on is in the best interest of Marigold. Not when her own mother loves and wants her. If Michael did show up, I would assume (and hope) they would want their daughter. I just could not imagine making another one quick would just make them forget and let go of their first born child. I mean it is their child. Not a piece of china that can just be replaced by buying another one. Well, I know Monica and I would be writing this storyline differently ;) . I guess we will just have to see where Julian Fellowes is going with it.

Here's something that would please both of us:  Mrs. Drew drops dead of an aneurism, and Edith "adopts" Marigold.  Win win!  lol. 

I absolutely see what you're saying.  I'm not saying Edith would ever forget her, but I do think taking a child at 2-3 years old, from her "mother" would cause life-long damage.  It's a heartbreaking storyline, and that's why I don't like it.  There is no way for Edith or Marigold to "win" at this point.  They've written it so that someone, or multiple people, is going to go through life-long pain.  Either Edith, for never getting Marigold, or Mrs. Drew for losing her daughter that she clearly loves, and certainly Marigold for either never knowing her real mom, being taken from her adoptive mom, or being sent to go live at boarding school away from everyone!!!  Horrible storyline!!!  Argh!!! 

I've never liked the Edith storyline.  What does she have to suffer so much?  The behavior between Mary and Edith is appalling, and I had a really hard time warming up to Mary because of it.  But Edith was a B!tch too...  I hope they somehow show a reconciling between them before the show ends. 

Can you tell none of my IRL friends watch DA?  I have to get out all my angst here. 

I think it's a good point that Mrs. Drew didn't figure out Edith was the mother, but Mr. Drew did?  Isn't that the kind of opposite of how things usually go?  The woman would figure this out in 5 seconds and the husband would be oblivious?  I do think it's historically accurate to have the baby disappear.  Young pregnant women would go away for a few months and suddenly their aunt would have a new adopted baby.  I can even find some of this kind of thing in my own family tree.  Really, the only way for this storyline to end well is if Michael showed up, his wife died, and he swept Edith away.  Meh - even so, Marigold has a family. 

I'm super sick of the Mr. Bates story line.  Zzzzzz ....

Just watched Epi 5.

Dd and I are re-watching LOST for the 3rd time, and I'm seeing much more in it than before--I think the ending is quite satisfying and brilliant.

I hope Julian Fellowes ends DA in a really, really good way!

I'd like to see:

Edith get Marigold and her German-guy come back, and they move together somewhere, or, as suggested upthread, Edith get Marigold and she and Tom move to America.

I hope Bates didn't kill Greene, and that it all goes away. Fat chance.

I hope Thomas stops using whatever it is he is using that is making him sick and accepts himself.

I hope (oh gosh, I'm bad with names) Mrs. Hughes and the main servant man finally marry, but I'm not holding my breathe.

I'm not big on Mary, but it would be nice if she were happy.

Mrs. Crawley will make a wonderful, progressive member of the nobility.

Rose will do well wherever--they've matured her into a much more likeable character, imo.

And lastly, Cora's husband is a bit of an ass, isn't he?

Sometimes I can't decide if she's an ass or just clueless. Up until this last episode, I would have gone with the former but then she walks away from a pow wow between her daughter, MIL and SIL. What?! How clueless can you be? That woman!

I don't know, she's been treated like a "clueless American" probably her entire time there. I think she tunes out her in laws for the sake of her sanity. You saw this when Sybil died, all the things it appeared she had been oblivious too she was actually just bearing patiently, and with Sybil's death she had had enough. Of course the Dowager was able to smooth it over, but I think part of that was Cora deciding that it was easier to make peace and let go of her anger, so she did. But it seems that she is going to come to the end of her patience with Robert again soon. Perhaps she will accompany Branson and Sybie to America to help them settle in.

Do you think Mrs. Drew thinks that Edith is the mother and her husband is the father of Marigold? I was wondering if that is one reason why Mrs. Drew is so upset. 

Personally I don't think it is right for the child to be torn away from the only mother she really knows (Mrs. Drew).  I hope Mrs. Drew will find out the truth and have compassion on Edith and ask her to be a special aunt or something.  To remove her from her home and family and put her in a boarding school in France seems so wrong. 

Sometimes I can't decide if she's an ass or just clueless. Up until this last episode, I would have gone with the former but then she walks away from a pow wow between her daughter, MIL and SIL. What?! How clueless can you be? That woman!

I dont' know if that is about being clueless or if it is about the respect for space everyone needs to have when living in such close quarters with other adults. It's interesting to watch Mrs Hughes when she knows something is up. Sometimes she pushes, sometimes she doesn't.

I certainly don't think she's being portrayed as a clueless American. Quite the opposite, I think! She's American and she can play the game the way it ought to be played. Being American was an excuse for her MIL not to like her, not the real reason. The real reason being that she was her daughter in law. :p

Agree that Cora isn't cljueless, though the "I want to snatch those pearls right off her throat" line made me gag.  I think she is just always trying to smooth things over.  She's hidden a lot of secrets (dead Turkish ambassador???) for the girls, and she can't be *totally* in the dark about Edith, can she?  Would a mother not sense that, gee, her behavior has been a bit odd for the last while?  And not to get too detailed, but wouldn't a maid like Anna notice that her body is clearly altered after pregnancy/childbirth?  I mean, I still fit into the same size clothes I was wearing ten years ago, but my body is NOT the same!  LOL

I like Robert.  It seemed natural, especially for that time period, that he would take a swing at a man he found in a dressing gown in his wife's bedroom, against her wishes.  And I think it is normal that he should be mad at Cora, because intentional or not, she was encouraging this guy big time.  I do think it will blow over for them. 

And yes, agreed, for heaven's sake, just tell Mrs. Drew.  She can't hate Edith any more than she already does, and it might lead to her softening her heart a bit. 

Also- are all of these adoptions just informal agreements?  Do the Drews (and the Swiss family for that matter) have no legal rights?  Can Edith really just come in and snatch Marigold and send her away???  Yikes.  It seems Edith would have to prove maternity, or at least admit it, and wouldn't Mrs. Drew make a big stink if all this happened and ruin Edith's reputation anyway? 

Agree that Cora isn't cljueless, though the "I want to snatch those pearls right off her throat" line made me gag.  I think she is just always trying to smooth things over.  She's hidden a lot of secrets (dead Turkish ambassador???) for the girls, and she can't be *totally* in the dark about Edith, can she?  Would a mother not sense that, gee, her behavior has been a bit odd for the last while?  And not to get too detailed, but wouldn't a maid like Anna notice that her body is clearly altered after pregnancy/childbirth?  I mean, I still fit into the same size clothes I was wearing ten years ago, but my body is NOT the same!  LOL

I like Robert.  It seemed natural, especially for that time period, that he would take a swing at a man he found in a dressing gown in his wife's bedroom, against her wishes.  And I think it is normal that he should be mad at Cora, because intentional or not, she was encouraging this guy big time.  I do think it will blow over for them. 

And yes, agreed, for heaven's sake, just tell Mrs. Drew.  She can't hate Edith any more than she already does, and it might lead to her softening her heart a bit. 

Also- are all of these adoptions just informal agreements?  Do the Drews (and the Swiss family for that matter) have no legal rights?  Can Edith really just come in and snatch Marigold and send her away???  Yikes.  It seems Edith would have to prove maternity, or at least admit it, and wouldn't Mrs. Drew make a big stink if all this happened and ruin Edith's reputation anyway?

Oh I think Anna and Mrs Hughe both know. I think that's what the photo after the fire was about

I dont' know if that is about being clueless or if it is about the respect for space everyone needs to have when living in such close quarters with other adults. It's interesting to watch Mrs Hughes when she knows something is up. Sometimes she pushes, sometimes she doesn't.

I certainly don't think she's being portrayed as a clueless American. Quite the opposite, I think! She's American and she can play the game the way it ought to be played. Being American was an excuse for her MIL not to like her, not the real reason. The real reason being that she was her daughter in law. :p

I agree, I didn't mean the character was clueless, I meant that she is often treated as clueless by her husband, her MIL and sometimes even Mary. I think she has developed very thick skin and incredible patience to deal with it, and for her it has always been worth it because she loves her family. But they had better start showing her some appreciation :).

One of my favorite scenes of the whole series is when she walks in on the Nanny abusing little Sybie, and dismisses her right then and there. It showed how sharp she is, and how fiercely protective and forceful she can be. She is no shrinking violet when push comes to shove.

I agree that they'd better start showing their appreciation, but I still don't think they treat her as clueless. It's more that they expect her to be disinterested without taking the time to find out if she is. I occasionally say "I won't bore you with the details" to someone who claims to be perfectly interested. Or perhaps it is a role thing. Not everything is everyone's job and the running of the estate isn't the lady of the manor's job, just like running church fairs isn't the lord of the manor's job, even if he is expected to show up and be seen. I think it is a way of keeping out of each other's pockets. It's like the opposite to the modern problem. They had to be careful not to smother each other. We have to be careful or we find we're not spending any time together at all.

I agree that they'd better start showing their appreciation, but I still don't think they treat her as clueless. It's more that they expect her to be disinterested without taking the time to find out if she is. I occasionally say "I won't bore you with the details" to someone who claims to be perfectly interested. Or perhaps it is a role thing. Not everything is everyone's job and the running of the estate isn't the lady of the manor's job, just like running church fairs isn't the lord of the manor's job, even if he is expected to show up and be seen. I think it is a way of keeping out of each other's pockets. It's like the opposite to the modern problem. They had to be careful not to smother each other. We have to be careful or we find we're not spending any time together at all.

I agree about different roles, and staying out of the way. I'm referring more to interpersonal problems. It seems when there is a crisis having to do with the family, like Edith is having right now, their instinct is to keep Cora out of the loop. Part of me thinks it is because Cora would have wanted to find a way to have her grandchild living at the Abbey, and her English relatives didn't want to take a risk like that. But I think Cora is quite good in a crisis. It is also true that Cora doesn't want to be involved in every personal crisis, she is certainly quite different in personality than the Dowager.

I agree about different roles, and staying out of the way. I'm referring more to interpersonal problems. It seems when there is a crisis having to do with the family, like Edith is having right now, their instinct is to keep Cora out of the loop. Part of me thinks it is because Cora would have wanted to find a way to have her grandchild living at the Abbey, and her English relatives didn't want to take a risk like that. But I think Cora is quite good in a crisis. It is also true that Cora doesn't want to be involved in every personal crisis, she is certainly quite different in personality than the Dowager.

Agreed!  Had Edith gone to her mom instead of Rosamund when she found herself pregnant, Marigold would be living at the abbey, one way or another. 

I feel like we missed a scene between Mary and Tony, unless he is cold-shouldering her. Otherwise he seems to have pretty easily reverted back to Miss Fox.

Baxter is a real gem. Great lines from the doctor tonight.

Go Edith!

And Isis better be having puppies. She canNOT be the "major character to exit" the show this year. But actually, she must be getting fairly aged for a Lab, if she's been there since the beginning. I would love to see Sybbie and Donk playing with a batch of wriggling puppies. And George, too, if the producers can manage to find where they left the poor little chap.

What is Edith thinking? Where in the world can she go and not be found out? I know she has Gregson's company now, but still.

I thought she would come up with a scheme to take the child to America, after all she has family there. Fleeing haphazardly to a hotel does seem foolish. But her family was a bit insensitive, they seem more worried about the dog than Edith. But the Dowager does truly care about her and is worried, she will find her before long I hope and help her come up with a more permanent situation.

I felt so bad for the farmer's wife. :( She loved Marigold, and I think it was very cruel of her husband to keep her in the dark about her true origins. I also wonder how the older siblings will handle having their new little sister suddenly disappear. :(

It was nice to finally have confirmation that Bates did not kill Mr. Greene, but then who did?

And I did NOT like Lady Mary's new haircut. I kept wanting to cut off that wedge of hair they kept at the nape of her neck. And she looked creepy when she had the riding hat on.

I LOVE the look on Robert's face every time Sibby calls him Donk.  LOL

I thought Robert's integrity at going immediately to Cora was touching.

I'd forgotten that Mr. Drew had faked the letter from the "dead father" of Marigold.  He's coming out looking like a jerk in all this, though I think his heart meant well.  WHY wasn't Mrs. Drew just told from the first?  Sigh.  I got all teary eyed when Edith took Marigold.  Let's have an ice cream and champagne!  THAT will replace your lost mother!   :crying: 

Mrs. Hugues and Carson- YES!  Loved it.  

Is it possible Mr. Greene really did just stumble in front of a bus?  And yes, I wish we had seen the part where Anna explained the contraceptive.  I would have liked to see Mr. Bates have a good laugh at that...  Does anyone else know about the rape besides Mrs. Hugues? 

Ms. Baxter and Mr. Mosely- when is that going to happen?  I'd like to see some happiness for poor Mr. Mosely.  

Hated Mary's haircut, but loved Miss Fox saying she looked like a combination of a vogue model and dynamite.  Pretty good description for Mary...

The poor Dowager.  Her granddaughter and great granddaughter have disappeared, her best friend is getting married, and her Russian lover is living in a hovel.  What's a dowager to do? 

Loved the character development for Thomas.  I'd love to see him come out all right in the end... at least as much as possible. 

Pretty good episode...

Poor Mrs. Drew.  She really did get the short-end of that stick (and I do like Mr. Drew so much, but he really should have let her in on it all).  What a blow for her, when it might've all been so much more manageable between them all.

Did anyone else think Mary's haircut (especially in the riding hat) made her look like Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka?

Loved the Mr. Carson/Ms. Hughes storyline.  I doubt Mr. Carson will ever come straight out and be romantic; his beating around the bush is quite endearing (an "investment" my foot!  he wants to retire with her in their old age...)

I'm glad Robert has finally realized that he can't "throw the first stone." After all that nonsense he'd had with the widowed maid... I'm glad Cora laid it out for him and made him man up and move on.  He pouts too much, anyway.

I would like to see Mr. Mosely and Ms. Baxter settle.  They're both likable -- even if Mosely is often the butt of jokes with his silliness.

Would've liked to see Anna explain the contraceptives to Mr. Bates.

Do think there should've been *something* more to resolve the Tony/Mary fiasco.  Seems like they've chosen to ignore it, and just slide his old fiancĂƒÂ© back into that spot (but didn't she previously state she wasn't going to do that/have Mary's leftovers...)

I did feel badly for Mrs. Drew, but I still think she is not the brightest bulb in the box for not picking up on Edith's special interest sooner. 

I was hoping Isabel would hook up with the country doctor.  He seems more her style. 

Donk and Sibby at the end melted me!  So sweet!

I like Isabel's beau - great opportunity for them to grow old together and enjoy the remaining years. I likes the Dr too but I think this will also make her happy too. Though I am just tickled that the Dowager is probably a little socially miffed realizing how this changes the social balance I her friendship.

Hoping for good things for Edith though so very sad. If I was involved in that drama I would have let my spouse know why Edith couldn't let it go instead of trying to keep her away.

I agree that the Mary/Blake/Gillingham/Fox is playing off a bit odd. Glad it isn't blowing up into something bigger, so far, though I got the impression that Fox was aware of the intimacy between Mary and Tony.

Ok, how about this twist:

Thomas, in his new found "good guy" role, decides to admit to the murder of Mr. Greene to take the heat off Bates and make up for how horrible he's been to Bates all these years.  Hmm??? 

I'd like to see what happens to Daisy.  Will she run the Mason farm?  Will she marry?  I really like her. 

I think Carson can't imagine a life without Mrs. Hugues there to run half of the household.  It's so sweet. 

I am sick of the Mary love triangle storyline.  I'm just tired of Mary in general.  WHY does she have so many men fawning all over her?  She is just so cold.  The only time you saw her warm up a bit was with Matthew. 

I was really hoping for a "we've both lost the men we loved" scene between Mary and Edith, and some sisterly love.  Oh well. 

I think we can assume Edith will keep Marigold.  I think the goodbye scene with Mrs. Drew was too well-done for her to be getting the baby back any time soon. 

I loved the dowager's comment when Isobel mentions that Atticus is Jewish.  I can't remember the line exactly, but it was something like, "Why does there always have to be something?"

If they'd asked my input, I would have told them to have Thomas discover Anna and beat Green up. That would have led to some character development for Thomas, perhaps his integration into the "family" of downstairs which he clearly wants, and some potential for new plot lines where Mr Bates isn't a murder suspect.

Do we know how old Daisy ought to be now? It's about time we heard from Mr Mason again.

If they'd asked my input, I would have told them to have Thomas discover Anna and beat Green up. That would have led to some character development for Thomas, perhaps his integration into the "family" of downstairs which he clearly wants, and some potential for new plot lines where Mr Bates isn't a murder suspect.

Do we know how old Daisy ought to be now? It's about time we heard from Mr Mason again.

I assumed she was 14-16 in the first season, and 12 years have gone by. She must be at least 24-26.

I've been thinking about the weirdness of the Mary/Mabel/Tony/Charles situation. It seems like they are going for a Noel Coward type situation, which would usually be fun. But because of the melodramatic tone of the show overall and the seriousness of the other plot lines, it just isn't working. Which is too bad, it could have been a breath of fresh air.

I am at a loss to think what they will now do with Mary, with Tony off the hook and Charles shipping out. To be quite honest, considering her cold-heartedness towards Edith, it won't bother me now to see her left an unmarried widow forever.

Anyone else feel the need to hold her breath over whether or not the Drews will actually return Marigold to Downton? I could see Mrs Drew making a ton of trouble. However, I am going to assume that all will go off according to plan, because....

The previews for the next episode reveal a skip in time, with Daisy making what appears to be Rose's wedding cake. If there were going to be trouble getting Marigold back from her extra train trip, the story would have had to continue the next day or so from where it left off. Still, I don't understand the pretense of keeping a secret. Edith must be giving the Drews a big in$entive to keep the relationship secret. In fact, I wonder if Mrs D decided to approach Cora for blackmail purposes. 

I feel awful for Isobel. But if she chooses to reject Lord Merton, I don't believe it would be because the way the Merton sons treated her. It would be because, after all, Merton leaves and drives off with two horrid ungrateful boys that deserve to be disinherited. He should have stood up for Isobel! I thought we might actually get to see Violet in action, but at least Tom had the guts to say what needed to be said.

Do you think we can consider the Greene business water under the bridge?

Just watched the most recent epi--some thoughts--

I think it's still rather stunning how children are treated--they paid more attention to the dying dog than to Edith's idea!

I had forgotten Cora's family was Jewish. I didn't expect the tolerance and was glad to see it.

I thought it touching that the dowager shared she will miss Isobel's company. The writers handled that well,

Loved how Mr. Mason encouraged Daisy.

I wonder if there's a plotline brewing re Anna and Bates being infertile. I don't think the Greene business is quite finished, but maybe almost. I do wonder if testimony from Lady Mary would be enough to prove him innocent--she did see the ticket.

Do you think there will be a new suitor for Lady Mary? There's what, 3 episodes left?

Do we know for sure this is the least season???

So glad the Tony-Mabel thing is fixed... even if it was written in a rather unbelievable way. 

Poor Isis.  But once again, poor Edith who gets ignored again... 

It seems a cruel trick to give Marigold back to the Drews for a few days...  Poor Mrs. Drew!  But I am guessing Edith's storyline is getting wrapped up here and there won't be any more drama.  She'll be a single mom and have additional income from the newspaper. 

Wow, the Merten boys are awful.  Sheesh.  I was also disappointed that it wasn't the Dowager who stepped in.  The camera kept flashing to her and I was waiting for her witty comeback. 

Mr. Mason has always been one of my favorite characters.  It was nice to see him again! 

Now we know that Anna didn't know but Mrs. Hugues did about Marigold. 

I will be SO IRRITATED if the Bates are infertile.  Really?  Because they haven't had enough bad luck in their lives yet? 

Has Thomas now made it his mission to get Mr. Mosely and Miss Baxter together?  Couldn't quite figure him out in this episode. 

Very happy for Rose. 

I had a hard time making heads or tails of the scenes from the next episode.  Any ideas?

Hmmm...not sure how I feel about the most recent episode.

Edith always gets the shaft, when it comes to family attention.  They confirm that her significant other is dead: no one cared.  Now she announces she's adopting a baby, and (surprise!) no one cares...

This season, Mary is incredibly callous and cold.  I had grown to like her character, but I'm having 2nd thoughts.

Yay for Rose & Atticus.  Totally cute.

The Murton boys are jerks.  So... was Lord Murton saying (when he said his boys were so much like their mother in every way) that she was a jerk, too?  I was a little  :confused1:  with his last lines, there.

I don't know how the Marigold thing will work out.  Of course Cora will love her as much as her other grandchildren -- I think that will cause some questions or conflict (Mary seems like she'd be a problem, if Cora showed this "orphan" the same favor as her child).  

Hmmm...not sure how I feel about the most recent episode.

Edith always gets the shaft, when it comes to family attention.  They confirm that her significant other is dead: no one cared.  Now she announces she's adopting a baby, and (surprise!) no one cares...

This season, Mary is incredibly callous and cold.  I had grown to like her character, but I'm having 2nd thoughts.

Agreed!  I could see the good in her back when Matthew could bring it out, but now...

Yay for Rose & Atticus.  Totally cute.

The Murton boys are jerks.  So... was Lord Murton saying (when he said his boys were so much like their mother in every way) that she was a jerk, too?  I was a little  :confused1:  with his last lines, there.

That's how I took it!  Sort of a indirect way of saying his wife was awful.

I don't know how the Marigold thing will work out.  Of course Cora will love her as much as her other grandchildren -- I think that will cause some questions or conflict (Mary seems like she'd be a problem, if Cora showed this "orphan" the same favor as her child).  

Good point!

I also watched at simplyjune - hope you can find it, Rosie!

And does anyone know how many episodes are left? I'm thinking just one then a Christmas special, but upthread someone said 3. Anyone know for sure?

And is the episode with George Clooney going to be just a brief internet thing, or a real episode?