Menu

Oscar Talk

OK, this is mean but...

Is it just me or does Nicole Kidman look like a crazy old lady who lives in her attic? Lay off the Botox, sweetie. :eek:

Jon Stewart, not funny. I'm funnier than him.:rolleyes:

All the people slipping in the schmutz on the stage, funny.;)

Jennifer Garner, adorable!

Laura Linney, robbed!:mad:

Cate Blanchet, what a fabulous looking pregger.

Who are your favorites? Or least favorites?

OK, this is mean but...

Is it just me or does Nicole Kidman look like a crazy old lady who lives in her attic? Lay off the Botox, sweetie.

Jon Stewart, not funny. I'm funnier than him.

All the people slipping in the schmutz on the stage, funny.

Jennifer Garner, adorable!

Laura Linney, robbed!

Cate Blanchet, what a fabulous looking pregger.

Who are your favorites? Or least favorites?

Sorry Elaine, but I can't agree with you. :)

I thought Nicole looked lovely. In fact, I said to my dh that she is so classy and sophisticated. Imnsho, Renee Zellweger gives me the heeby-jeebies.

Laura Linney? Seriously? Over Cate Blanchet? No. Sorry. Cate was robbed. Though not really because though I didn't see the movie, the lady who one Best Actress seemed well-deserved from the clip anyway. How could Cate not win Best Actress OR Best Supporting?

John Stewart? Eh. Not bad. Not great either. I like when Steve Martin or Billy Crystal does it.

I do however, agree about Jennifer Garner. Is her hair short now or just pulled back? She does look adorable. She's so down to earth too. I just love her.

:D

We turned on the red carpet E show earlier(flipping channels), and caught a disorderly Gary Busey attacking a terrified Jennifer Garner and he kissed her neck. It was scary!

Outfits: I loved Jennifer Garner, Keri Russell, Ellen Page, Amy Adams and Cate Blanchett. They look great, but not too overdone.

I don't have pics for winners really - to many violent movies chosen this year. Yuk. There are a few good ones in there I suppose.

Save for the terrible necklace, my husband and I both thought Nicole Kidman looked beautiful.

That necklace was a disaster, wasn't it?

The worst though (by an enormous margin) was Tilda Swinton. She is not an unattractive woman (or at least, she doesn't have to be), but that was truly the most *awful* hair, *awful* makeup and *awful*... um, what to call it? "garment" she was wearing... I truly think it would have been challenging to make her more hideous if one were *trying*. Ick, ick, ick!

I do wish I had had a chance to see more of the movies this year. I just didn't have anything invested in most of the nominations because I hadn't yet seen almost any of the movies...

The worst though (by an enormous margin) was Tilda Swinton. She is not an unattractive woman (or at least, she doesn't have to be), but that was truly the most *awful* hair, *awful* makeup and *awful*... um, what to call it? "garment" she was wearing... I truly think it would have been challenging to make her more hideous if one were *trying*. Ick, ick, ick!

I have to agree! She looked fine, even nice in the movie clips, but on the red carpet - yuk!

Renee Zellweger needs to eat a sandwich. A fat sandwich, with fat on it.;)

laughing001.gif

That is too funny..

I didn't watch much of it, just caught a few minutes here and there..

Half of the movies I have never even heard of, so I have no idea who should have won :)

I actually enjoyed Jon Stewart. Not hilarious--though I did laugh out loud several times--not over the top. I find him understated and respectful.

I thought Nicole looked fabulous, and barely pregnant. Helen Mirren's dress was probably my favorite.

I was ELATED that the singers from Once won and that they let the girl, Marketa Irglová, come back to give her speech. It was my fave.

I must admit I was pulling for Ellen Page though I knew she probably would not win. I was very glad that Diablo Cody, writer of Juno, won.

Yea, Coen Brothers!

Yea, Coen Brothers!

Say it with me...

Yea, Coen Brothers!

That movie was amazing. The woman who sat behind us in the movie theater when we saw it should be shot, or at lease never allowed to attend a movie again. (I had to stop my dh from turning around and creating a scene in the theater... okay, I thought he was going to deck her, but he didn't, so all is well.) I can't share her comment because it would spoil the movie.

They make such wonderful movies.

Yea, Coen Brothers!

I liked him so much that I forgot how to spell his name! I really enjoyed him, but I always enjoy him. He's my type of funny. I fast forwarded through most of the show, but I stopped to watch anytime he was on.

Was it just my tv, or did some of the ladies look reeaally pale? Nicole kidman, renae, and some others just looked very washed out. Cameron Diaz's lips have been injected within an inch of their lives. If she's not careful, she's going to turn into Goldie Hawn.

I agree that Jennifer Garner was at the top of the best dressed list. There was a definite theme in the dresses- lovely, curvy and with a little flare at the bottom.

I didn't see most of the nominated movies, but one that I did was "There Will Be Blood." AWFUL. Horrible. Long and weird. I just can't believe it was nominated for best director and picture! That alone makes me really not into seeing the other nominated films. I have to say that Daniel Day Louis did wonderfully, but I think I would love him in anything.

And for the record, I love Tivo. The Oscar's in 1 hour :)

That necklace was a disaster, wasn't it?

I do wish I had had a chance to see more of the movies this year. I just didn't have anything invested in most of the nominations because I hadn't yet seen almost any of the movies...

Totally agree. I change my favorite dress. Katherine Heigl was my favorite. She was stunning.

I too loved Jennifer Garner. She seems real. You could sit on a park bench with her while watching your kids play together.

I also agree with you on the botox. YIKES!

They showed a clip of Barbara Streisand and I thought she looked good. I thought she may have had botox or some little lift - or else she is just aging well and naturally. Db (dear boyfriend) said she either ages well or at least waited for surgery. He says, "Let it actually sag all the way and THEN do surgery." Maybe that's what she did.

I can't believe how young these people are in Hollywood when they do all this dramatic stuff to their face. And Britney Murphy needs to leave her lips alone.

Do they really think they look BETTER?

I always thought Pamela Anderson was beautiful before all the surgery and how sad to be that pretty and STILL think you need surgery. At 35 years old I am absolutely way older than I look. Aubrey Organics Rose Hip Seed Oil under the eyes every night and plenty of water has worked for me. I think if I started all the plastic surgery I would look OLDER.

Is it just me or does Nicole Kidman look like a crazy old lady who lives in her attic? Lay off the Botox, sweetie. :eek:

Jon Stewart, not funny. I'm funnier than him.:rolleyes:

Jon Stewart. I don't think my dh or I laughed at a single one of his jokes. Boring. Boring. Boring.

Nicole Kidman. I thought she looked beautiful. Her necklace did need to be straightened, though.

I only watched bits and pieces. As a fellow Canadian, I was pulling for Ellen Page. I really like her. She is 'fresh'.

I didn't think Jon Stewart was very funny. I agree with Elaine, any one of us could have done a better job.

Tilda Swinton. Is she the White Witch? I love her but she did come across as a bit maniacal last night with her appearance.

I live a very sheltered life here on the Prairie. I have never heard of the movie 'Once,' but I love that song. I was so happy that they won. Whoever they are.

Nicole Kidman. I know that I am in the extreme minority but I do not consider her a beautiful woman. She isn't very 'soft around the edges.' She looks like if anyone touched her she would break into a tiny little pieces.

just my thoughts,

Julia

mom of 3 (8,7,5)

I actually enjoyed Jon Stewart. Not hilarious--though I did laugh out loud several times--not over the top. I find him understated and respectful.

I thought Nicole looked fabulous, and barely pregnant. Helen Mirren's dress was probably my favorite.

I was ELATED that the singers from Once won and that they let the girl, Marketa Irglová, come back to give her speech. It was my fave.

I must admit I was pulling for Ellen Page though I knew she probably would not win. I was very glad that Diablo Cody, writer of Juno, won.

I didn't see Juno, but we did see Once and it was wonderful! Oh, how I loved this movie. I agree with you, letting Marketa Irglova come back was, hands down, the highlight of the show for me. I rarely tune into the Oscars but I did last night just because of the song that they were going to be performing.

Let me clarify the whole Nicole Kidman comment. I truly thought that she was one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood. Now that she has started with the plastic surgery, I do not feel the same way. The botox is over the top.

Yea, Coen Brothers!

Yea, Coen Brothers!

Say it with me...

Yea, Coen Brothers!

That movie was amazing.

They make such wonderful movies.

Yea, Coen Brothers!

Yes, as a long time fan of the Coen Brothers, I was tickled to see them in, all their odd glory, up on stage with little Marty. I was one of the first years I can remember when so many great movies were nominated and all the actors really deserved to win. Just some amazing performances this year. I have yet to see There Will Be Blood, but I know when I do, it will be a real treat. I do love Daniel Day-Lewis.

I was very glad that Diablo Cody, writer of Juno, won.

This was the only movie out of the best pictures that we saw and we thought it was wonderful. Dh works with Diablo Cody's dad (which is why we actually went out to see the movie.) I am sure dh (who couldn't care less about the Oscars) was happy. (He is out of town, or I would ask him, LOL!)

Ok Elaine. . .now I have to go check out the red carpet pics. . .I didn't watch. . .don't have much time for TV, but I do need to see what everyone looked like.

ITA with the opinions about Nicole looking "not so soft" and having too much botox and plastic surgery. I have thought that for YEARS! She used to be much lovelier than she is now.

Gotta go check out the pics!!!

shell

...about Marion Cotillard. She looks completely different!

(An aside about La Vie en Rose; I wanted to stomp around afterwards, exclaiming in French, "I am an artist!!" LOL...I've never seen so many hissy fits thrown in the name of being an artist! Her, her mother...wow. It was an interesting movie, though. I had no idea about Edith Piaf's life before seeing it.