Menu

What are some of your favorite tv shows of all time?

Terabith

Oh this is a fun thread! Ok, my current rewatches: 

Frasier

Big Bang Theory

Star Trek Voyager (I also love Strange New Worlds and TNG)

Criminal Minds

Schitt's Creek

Currently enjoying: 

Ghosts

All Creatures Great and Small

• Like 1

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Once Upon a Time

Gilmore Girls

Project Runway

Downton Abbey

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

House

Numb3rs

The West Wing

Suits

Agents of Shield

The Bear

Frasier

I also would add the glory days of the food network when they actually cooked real food.  Emeril, David Rosengarten, Sara Moulton, Mario Batali, Tyler Florence,  just to name a few. Pre Rachael Ray and Guy Fieri, basically. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Terabith said:

How did I forget West Wing and Quantum Leap?  I like the new Quantum Leap, but I LOVED the old one.  

We haven't tried the new version of Quantum Leap but loved the original. And yes to West Wing.

3 hours ago, DawnM said:

Lost

I'm in the camp that thinks Lost had the worse series finale EVER.

A lot of the shows mentioned are ones I enjoyed but not would necessarily watch again.

16 hours ago, Terabith said:

I'm going to have to try Ghosts.  

How did I forget West Wing and Quantum Leap?  I like the new Quantum Leap, but I LOVED the old one.  

YOU WERE THE ONE WHO DIRECTED ME TO WEST WING YES I'M SHOUTING

(and, as you assured me I would, I loved it)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Terabith said:

It pretty much seemed tailor made for you, personally. 

I do love me a good redemption arc.  There's a mini-arc in nearly every episode; at least two longer arcs over every season; and then overarching hope that at the end of day/year/POTUS term/s, there are folks of flaws and good faith on both sides of the aisle who ultimately count themselves as on the same team. May God bless and preserve us, and our democracy.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Pam in CT said:

I do love me a good redemption arc.  There's a mini-arc in nearly every episode; at least two longer arcs over every season; and then overarching hope that at the end of day/year/POTUS term/s, there are folks of flaws and good faith on both sides of the aisle who ultimately count themselves as on the same team. May God bless and preserve us, and our democracy.

It’s also the single best depiction of PTSD I have ever seen in media, and this clip explains grace better than anything else I’ve ever seen in my life growing up in the church.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Terabith said:

It’s also the single best depiction of PTSD I have ever seen in media, and this clip explains grace better than anything else I’ve ever seen in my life growing up in the church.  

Yup, I've shared it several times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SanDiegoMom said:
  • Friends
  • Seinfeld
  • Brooklyn 99
  • West Wing
  • Fresh off the Boat
  • Modern Family
  • House
  • Sherlock
  • Beef (new and only one season but I LOVED it)
  • The Office

I forgot about Beef. I really liked that one, too.

Downton Abbey

The Expanse

Star Trek TNG, Enterprise, DS9, Picard, and even Voyager. I haven't watched all of them but I'm sure I'd find a way to like them all. (A reason that I haven't watched all of them.)

Firefly

Battlestar Galactica 

Reading this list I suppose you could just put whatever idea you have in space and I'll love it. (Except horror I hate horror so I may not like that, thriller is OK just wouldn't be a repeat watch.) 

Blackadder is my absolute favorite TV series of all time; I used to have the full DVD set and have watched every episode many times. The Regency series in particular, with Hugh Laurie as the Prince Regent, is pure genius.

Most of my favorite tv shows are from the UK actually: Absolutely Fabulous, Little Britain, Morse, Mr Bean, Red Dwarf, Dr Who, Thunderbirds (the original puppet one), Grand Designs, Monty Python, Black Books, The Young Ones, Ballykissangel, Jeeves & Wooster (Hugh Laurie & Stephen Fry), Q.I., Fawlty Towers, The Fast Show, Harry Enfield, Waiting for God

For US shows, I'd probably pick Big Bang Theory, King of the Hill, Simpsons, Star Trek (original & TNG), Friends. I haven't had a TV since we moved 10 years ago though, so most of my picks are quite old!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

Blackadder is my absolute favorite TV series of all time; I used to have the full DVD set and have watched every episode many times. The Regency series in particular, with Hugh Laurie as the Prince Regent, is pure genius.

Most of my favorite tv shows are from the UK actually: Absolutely Fabulous, Little Britain, Morse, Mr Bean, Red Dwarf, Dr Who, Thunderbirds (the original puppet one), Grand Designs, Monty Python, Black Books, The Young Ones, Ballykissangel, Jeeves & Wooster (Hugh Laurie & Stephen Fry), Q.I., Fawlty Towers, The Fast Show, Harry Enfield, Waiting for God

For US shows, I'd probably pick Big Bang Theory, King of the Hill, Simpsons, Star Trek (original & TNG), Friends. I haven't had a TV since we moved 10 years ago though, so most of my picks are quite old!

I loved Blackadder and Red Dwarf!  I sing the Red Dwarf theme song every time it gets chilly!

• Like 1