• clean out my car
  • sweep the stairs
  • violin
  • drop off my car to get new tires
  • head to Target with dh for a curtain
  • print out the list of restaurants I need ds and his gf to pick from
  • dinner: I think we're doing pork chops tonight
  • maybe pick up my car? 
  • load ds up in one of the vehicles for hockey practice.
  • Like 7

• Go to one school and have a meeting and get my laptop I left there during the storm.
  • Go to the other school for another meeting and work
  • Book at least TWO hotels for our summer trip.   I have GOT to get on that!
  • Like 7

Good morning!

I tried to go back to sleep after I packed dh's food, but I couldn't. 

We are finally having our ladies' game night Christmas party tonight, so I've been finalizing the list of games. I made a shopping list and will get ready and go out soon. 

• laundry (one load in the dryer and one in the washer)
  • 2 Zoom sessions
  • 1 in-person student
  • shop for the party tonight
  • tidy house
  • make some food for the party
  • enjoy the evening with the ladies
  • watch something and relax

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 7

Good morning all! 

Foggy day here - glad none of us are out driving around this morning!

Today I have:

...coffee
...go with DH to drop off Oldest's car at the mechanic 
...then go grocery shopping and pick up the antibiotics for the dog
...come home, eat lunch, probably nap 

...go upstairs and do some sewing - need to get step 2 figured out for the new project
...go tutor the 2 girls this afternoon
...DH is cooking dinner - HEB has salmon filets on special, so picking those up and we'll have that tonight
...go to fencing, hang out, come home, go to bed

Because I don't know when/how long the errands will take, not planning to work on school stuff today, but as I'm ahead and next week looks iffy w/the weather (we get an arctic blast w/freezing rain Mon/Tues), I don't want to work too much ahead of that just in case. 

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 7

It has already been a day and it's only 9:33.  😃  My dog woke me up vomiting last night. He seems okay now. Then this morning I was laying in bed and heard a thud. It was my 18 year old passing out on the floor of the bathroom.  He has some kind of virus (not COVID or flu) and apparently he got a ringing in his ears and then was on the floor. He seems okay but I have to keep an eye on him.  I am supposed to go to a friend's funeral tomorrow and I really, really hope I can still make it (masked of course).  

• Sad 8

1 minute ago, cintinative said:

It has already been a day and it's only 9:33.  😃  My dog woke me up vomiting last night. He seems okay now. Then this morning I was laying in bed and heard a thud. It was my 18 year old passing out on the floor of the bathroom.  He has some kind of virus (not COVID or flu) and apparently he got a ringing in his ears and then was on the floor. He seems okay but I have to keep an eye on him.  I am supposed to go to a friend's funeral tomorrow and I really, really hope I can still make it (masked of course).  

Oh no.  I hope your dog is on the mend and your ds is feeling better.  I hope he didn't get hurt when he passed out.  Oh man it has already been a morning.  Hoping things get better from here on out.  Take it easy.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, mommyoffive said:

Oh no.  I hope your dog is on the mend and your ds is feeling better.  I hope he didn't get hurt when he passed out.  Oh man it has already been a morning.  Hoping things get better from here on out.  Take it easy.

Thank you.

Unfortunately I don't know if my son hit anything when he passed out. He doesn't remember. When I went to the bathroom, he was laying on the floor. But he said his bottom hurt so I am hoping that means he fell to a seated position.  He could so easily have hit his head on the tub.  The doctor said just to monitor him.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, cintinative said:

Thank you.

Unfortunately I don't know if my son hit anything when he passed out. He doesn't remember. When I went to the bathroom, he was laying on the floor. But he said his bottom hurt so I am hoping that means he fell to a seated position.  He could so easily have hit his head on the tub.  The doctor said just to monitor him.

So scary.  I hope he did fall into a seated position.  I would think if it was his head it would hurt or have a bump. 

• Like 6

Y’all are way ahead of me!

I got Ds to school and have mostly been puttering about the house since.

I’ve done a bit of housekeeping and had coffee and b’fast.

Today:

Prayer group ✔️ 
Church work ✔️ 
Make dinner ✔️ 
Pick up Ds
AHG tonight ✔️ 
Read!

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

I survived a conference call!  The client didn't send me an invite, but mentioned "tomorrow morning's call" in an email yesterday afternoon.  I responded with a request to resend the zoom invite, but he did not, so I asked again today.  Finally at 9:30 I was informed that we had a 10am call and they wanted me to provide a list of info for the discussion.  This was my first call with their new CFO.  My dog only barked a little.  So ... I survived.  😛

I canceled my dog's vet visit since he seems pretty normal today.

Kid1 seems much better and went to school.  I wasn't able to pick up her prescription yesterday, and the doc said it was optional as long as she's getting better, so we'll probably just skip it at this point.

Now I want to focus on getting organized and calibrated for the day.  😛

• Like 8

Errands have been run! We *still* cannot find a place to get my car inspected - our go-to place, their machine is down. The next closest place has had a cone in front of the inspection line each time we check.  Need to try somewhere else; I *think* there's a place I pass on my way to/from tomorrow's tutoring...

But, got DH's phone screen replaced, got the groceries, did *not* get the salmon b/c the "sale" was buy this pack, get these things free....only this pack was not a very large portion (we'd have needed 2 of them) and was a higher price than differently-packaged salmon.  No thanks.  

Picked up the dog's antibiotics, got the car dropped off - they just called and it sounds like we've been rather lucky with the kids still driving this thing around, but fixing it will only be about $500, so that's a relief. It'll be ready tomorrow. 

DH took out a pork loin for dinner, instead, and will cook that in the oven while I'm tutoring. 

• Like 6

I cleaned out the garage fridge. The adult children hinted to dh that something smelled funny in there.  DH doesn't do well with hints and blew them off.  It was my fault.  I put something in there and it went bad.

My car is done and picked up.  I swung by and got it reinspected on the way home.  My original tires should not have been that bad with only 40,000 miles on them, so I'm a little miffed.  These are supposed to be good until 65,000.  Since it was a reinspection this time, Skinny let me slide in even though they were shutting down for the day.  I like to make it easy on them. I take down all of our cars and make sure the windows are down, belts buckled, etc.  It was the quickest in and out of there I have ever had.

6000 steps down. Violin worked on.  Tidied a bit of the basement, but I think I need to replace the light.

• Like 6

@cintinativeHope ds and dog are doing better. 

getting pup on a better organized schedule. Hopefully that will help her nap more during day

picked up rx. May need to switch pharmacies. This one is so slow and short handed. 

cooked a turkey breast for dinner 

we have started the arctic blast here. It only got up to 7 degrees and below zero with windchill.  The next week looks the same not even getting above zero. Need to clean area in basement for pup to run around it’s too cold outside to get rid of all the energy 

did some laundry

friend driving around in south only called once for directions today. She loved the Blue Ridge area of GA. It looks beautiful.

watch more “night agent”

• Like 5

We had a great time tonight! I'm so glad these ladies have continued coming. I started a ladies' game night through the Arts Council about 1.5 years ago. The same ladies kept coming each time, so I moved it to my house and a private Facebook group. It's been great to get together for some fun!

I drank a Coke Zero this afternoon and evening, so I'll be up late. I don't usually have any caffeine, and a little will make a difference. 

Dh and I got all his food ready for tomorrow, so I will sleep in. 

I wish bad weather wasn't on its way tomorrow. I would go down to my sister's house. I don't work, and dh has school and basketball games all afternoon/evening. 

• Like 4