Menu

Anniversary gifts for kids

ProudGrandma

22 minutes ago, freesia said:

I don’t have married kids, but my MIL often sends us money to go out which has been super helpful at certain times in our marriage when finances are strained. My parents never sent anything which is totally fine bc I don’t think it’s necessary. It’s just nice 

Yeah...I thought about that. 

• Like 1

My MIL always sent us an anniversary card. I thought it was strange but okay. My folks did nothing. 

I'm probably not going to send any anniversary cards to my married daughter. To me, anniversaries are for spouses unless it is a major milestone - 50, 60, 75 - and then I'm all for congratulating them on that because not many make it. 

• Like 1

I usually wish the couple a happy anniversary through text, but we don't give them gifts. We have enough to deal with handling Christmas and birthdays. If we lived close by, we'd keep the grandkids so they could go out, but we don't. And next spring, we will keep the grandkids so the oldest couple can go on a little trip for their 10th; it involves us traveling about 12 hrs. or so to get there, but we can do it, so we will go.

Edited by Jaybee
  • Like 2

We do not send anniversary cards or gifts to our married kids.  Like mentioned above, unless it’s a big milestone we leave it  for the couple to celebrate.   Having said that, if one of our married kids was struggling we might send money for a dinner out. 
I’m probably an outlier though. I feel like I can barely keep up with remembering birthdays for kids, spouses, grandkids…

• Like 1

My parents always gave us a little money to go out for a nice dinner somewhere (not necessarily on our anniversary), which was so sweet and appreciated!  I did that for awhile with my kids who are married, although I'm not as good about remembering.  😄   We're generally not into so much gift-giving in our family, but when I remember, I like to do something a little special for them.  I like the idea of offering to babysit!

• Like 1

I don’t give anniversary gifts to my married children.  I have done some babysitting for them when they’re celebrating those anniversaries - but I babysit for them frequently, so that’s not unusual.  

I’m pleased with myself when I remember to verbally wish them a Happy Anniversary (not a given!🤷‍♀️) 😂

Anne

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hjffkj said:

Dh and I don't even get each other gifts. Some years we've given each other gifts but mostly we just celebrate it in other ways.

We don't give each other anniversary gifts either. We try to find funny cards sometimes, but mostly we go out to a nice restaurant.

• Like 1