Menu

Does anyone play the NYT Connections Puzzle?

Tenaj

My dh and I have been sharing our Wordle results back and forth for years as a light-hearted contest and recently began doing the same with the newer "Connections" puzzle but this morning we realized that we have different words in our puzzles.  He has an I-phone and uses the app.  I have Android and use the website.  Now we are wondering how long we've had different categories and puzzles going on.  Oh, and our puzzles have the same number but different words.  Really strange.

3 hours ago, Tenaj said:

My dh and I have been sharing our Wordle results back and forth for years as a light-hearted contest and recently began doing the same with the newer "Connections" puzzle but this morning we realized that we have different words in our puzzles.  He has an I-phone and uses the app.  I have Android and use the website.  Now we are wondering how long we've had different categories and puzzles going on.  Oh, and our puzzles have the same number but different words.  Really strange.

That is weird.

I could never get into Wordle, but I'm loving Connections.

2 hours ago, QueenCat said:

Are you in a different time zone? If so, one of you might have still seen the prior day's.

On a different note, I got today's with NO mistakes!!!

Maybe his phone has weird settings?  I'll have him check.  

And congratulations 🎉. I got it today with no mistakes, too 🙂

4 minutes ago, Matryoshka said:

That is weird.

I could never get into Wordle, but I'm loving Connections.

I like both but sometimes end up frustrated with connections.  I think I'm getting better at it by practicing.  My kids love the game Codename but I was always bad at it.  I'm thinking connections may help me be more successful at Codename and I'm anxious to try it over the holidays.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, livetoread said:

I really like Connections. Nothing makes my day like returning to a tough one several times until it finally clicks. I struggle with my lack of knowledge about rapper names and horror movies, both of which seemed to be popular themes for a bit there, lol.

Lol, this. I don't beat myself up if I don't get it sometimes (I need more tries some days when they get really good with the venn diagram of like 3 overlapping meanings for multiple words!) - I'm so happy when I get things like rappers or djs, usually by process of elimination,  but I'll take it.

• Like 2

Is he sure he has the NYT puzzle? My mom played a knock off puzzle for a few days before she realized it was different. 

My strategy with connections is to puzzle out a few categories before submitting anything and realizing that the word with two meanings is probably gonna use the least known definition. 

• Like 3

I love connections

Some days I get stumped when they’re super US specific like teams etc, or it takes me longer because the words are more something used in an American way where we’d use a different word. But the concept is really fun. 

Are you guys playing in different time zones? 

• Like 1

I love Connections.  I tend to get them all perfectly (perhaps with the last category a surprise to me but since I puzzled out the earlier three, I count it as win), OR I totally bomb when there are two categories that are completely unknown to me (Rappers, Video Games, Actors/Movies, etc)--I may have some of the categories correct in terms of theme but the specifics are hit and miss.  I look at those days as learning experiences. 🙂

• Like 2

I'm happy to report that we each got the same puzzle today so we are back on track.  I think the problem was on my husband's side because he had skipped a few days and had refreshed which must of sent him into a different universe.

And I was pretty proud of getting today's with only 1 try left and then he got it with no mistakes!  grrrr. . . 🙃

• Like 1

Today when I saw the puzzle I immediately recognized it as the puzzle that my dh had done the day this whole conversation started so three days ago he magically had today's actual Connection pop up on his phone.  It must have been a glitch in the universe.

I did get today's without any mistakes but I knew one of the categories before I started 😁

• Haha 1