Menu

Kids stuck in cable car

Innisfree

Anyone watching this situation in Pakistan? It sounds awful, though they’ve managed to get two kids out. One of the (remaining? - unclear) kids has a heart condition and has been unconscious for two hours. Two adults are with them. It’s getting dark, and there are strong winds. I can’t imagine what it’s like for the kids or their waiting parents.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-asia-66580485

• Sad 14

17 minutes ago, mmasc said:

All have been rescued!

That’s such a relief! 

I have to wonder if, or how, those kids will get to school now. The stories said that the cable car cut travel time from two hours to four minutes. I can’t imagine getting back into one of those cable cars, though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DawnM said:

I read that they were in and out of consciousness.   I am not sure if I understand why.   They said altitude but don't they travel that altitude every day?   

So thankful the entire thing didn't collapse.

From a news report I read before they were all rescued, it sounded like they were going to medicate them to move them, maybe like they did the kids in the cave rescue. I could have misunderstood, though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, livetoread said:

From a news report I read before they were all rescued, it sounded like they were going to medicate them to move them, maybe like they did the kids in the cave rescue. I could have misunderstood, though.

Oh, ok.  I just read they gave them anti-nausea medication.

3 hours ago, DawnM said:

Yeah, it just didn't make sense that they were nauseous to me, but maybe it was to calm them down more than anything.   

Oh, super common to get nauseous in cable cars even when it's a short period of time (raises hand). 

Stuck in one for hours on a windy day? Somebody better me medicine before I puke so hard I fall out of the cable car 😄