Menu

Help me accessorize this dress

QueenCat

525315_FW21_FF_BLA?$sm$

Please help me find the right accessories to wear with this dress. I already own it. I'm wearing it to a dressy event. I'll be wearing black pumps. I'm trying to figure out jewelry. Necklace/earrings. This is not me in the picture. I have shoulder-length hair.

32 minutes ago, QueenCat said:

525315_FW21_FF_BLA?$sm$

Please help me find the right accessories to wear with this dress. I already own it. I'm wearing it to a dressy event. I'll be wearing black pumps. I'm trying to figure out jewelry. Necklace/earrings. This is not me in the picture. I have shoulder-length hair.

I wear my pearls with black a lot.  Or for a different direction turquoise jewelry. 

• Like 2

Some kind of necklace that will be dressy enough for your event, that fills the shape/falls in the shape of the neckline - pearls, turquoise, something blingy, whatever your style is. 

You could add a sparkly belt or a dressy scarf belt thing to add a pop of color. 

• Like 1

I Would either wear pearls at the collarbone or a silver pendent down below your breasts. I’m also a bracelet gal, so I would have either a Pearl cuff or a few stacked bracelets. 

I always like a long pendant on a clean black background. It’s elegant. 
Like this.

Edited by Quill
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Quill said:

I Would either wear pearls at the collarbone or a silver pendent down below your breasts. I’m also a bracelet gal, so I would have either a Pearl cuff or a few stacked bracelets. 

I always like a long pendant on a clean black background. It’s elegant. 
Like this.

Agree. LOVE the pendant. 

• Like 2

Long pendant like @Quill suggested and bright colored wrap or huge scarf.  This is pretty much my go-to style.  My daughters and I refer to them as LBDs, little black dresses, and each of us have at least 5 of them, from sleeveless above-the-knee sheath to frum, depending on the situation.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Katy said:

How dressy? What time of day? Do you want new jewelry or to wear something you already own? What color metal do you prefer?

Evening. New jewelry is fine. I don't wear silver. Gold is definitely preferred. Colorful is also fine. I don't like things that are too delicate. They don't look right with my large books.

6 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I wear my pearls with black a lot.  Or for a different direction turquoise jewelry. 

I like turquoise. My necklaces are too casual for the dress but I have a few turq. earrings. I might be able to find a necklace to work.

5 hours ago, TheReader said:

Some kind of necklace that will be dressy enough for your event, that fills the shape/falls in the shape of the neckline - pearls, turquoise, something blingy, whatever your style is. 

You could add a sparkly belt or a dressy scarf belt thing to add a pop of color. 

Blingy is good. A belt of any kind would not work with the waistline of the dress.

1 hour ago, Pam in CT said:

Long pendant like @Quill suggested and bright colored wrap or huge scarf.  This is pretty much my go-to style.  My daughters and I refer to them as LBDs, little black dresses, and each of us have at least 5 of them, from sleeveless above-the-knee sheath to frum, depending on the situation.

I'm not a scarf/wrap person. I feel like that add chunk to my short body. Like you, I have various LBDs. This one has a more complicated waistline, but it's hard to see it in the picture. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mmasc said:

I’d do a layered necklace that fits in the open neckline and that does not touch the dress, hoop or dangly earrings in a coordinating color (silver or gold), and a delicate bracelet. 

I like the layered necklace idea. I have one that I've been debating. I'm having friends from book club over tomorrow night. I should have them look at it. 

I agree with Quill. 

Having said that, you can go a lot of directions with this as your base.

Burgundy velvet ribbon choker with a cameo at the throat, and simple but large pearl earrings.

Long gold colored pendant necklace with diamond or gold earrings.

Very long, colorful, flowy scarf worn untied with dangly blingy earrings.

Amber or turquoise jewelry are stunning with black.

• Like 2