Menu

Any interest in a cooking thread?

WildflowerMom

We talked a little about it in the April fun thread, but I wanted to see if there was anymore interest.   My thoughts:  maybe biweekly we pick a type of food and we prepare it however we want and post pics, reviews, the recipe, whatever you want.  

My example in the other thread was one week we could do ‘burger week’ and you’d be free to make anything you consider a burger.   Traditional, vegan, turkey burgers, whatever you like for burgers or want to try for the cooking thread.  Maybe something you’ve never done before?  Like I said, whatever floats your boat is welcome.     We can see what everyone is making, see pics (if you want to share), tell what you’d do different, etc.    

anyway, anyone up for it?  No pressure at all.    Tell me what y’all think!   

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

I love to see photos of what others make!! My food is basically boring, but I can post some of it, anyway. Lol. 

Well, I’m a terrible cook and I hate doing it, lol.   I’m thinking this will be fun and motivate me.  🤷🏻‍♀️  I’m trying to figure out some weekly ideas.  Maybe we can vote the two weeks before? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sneezyone said:

I'd do it but I'd need a solid week to have a decent chance at participation. On any given day, life can be cray.

That’s what I was thinking, too. 

maybe a poll that lasts a couple days, then it starts the next week? Like a friday poll and finish the poll on Sunday.   we can then begin the following Monday, so a full week to think about it, get groceries?      And if people don’t get their meal in during that week, they can just feel free to add it to the next time or just refresh the thread and add it when they get to it?     Does that make sense?  
Thoughts? 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

Also, what are some good categories? 

Also, one thing I do with my writing client when I’m dry for ideas is to go to the grocery store and pick up an ingredient—maybe a particular veggie or fruit is in season, or there’s a sale on a herb or spice I’ve never used before—then I look for a recipe that uses that thing.

like one time I picked up a jar of capers and found a tasty recipe using them. In the summer I need zucchini recipes or tomato recipes.

All that to say maybe we can use an ingredient as a theme from time to time.

Edited by fairfarmhand
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’ll post a poll Friday and end it monday.  

How about the next 2 weeks then will be “game on” for cooking up that dish category.    The next poll will go from April 21-24 and the next two weeks and so on.   That way we don’t have to stress if it’s a crazy week and we can’t get to it and it also gives us time to enjoy the act of cooking and camaraderie instead of this becoming a chore.  

Maybe pasta, burgers, seafood, or a dish using spring veggies for the first poll on Friday?   

I hope this makes sense, lol.  

• Like 6