Menu

Speaking of lost presents...

busymama7

So we have MANY packages arrive in December and have a system for knowing who ordered it so we don't accidentally open something for ourselves. I was in a rush and missed the label on one and mostly saw what it was. I told my husband that I had accidentally opened it and where the box was now.   I didn't open it on Christmas but I figured it was actually for my birthday in early January.  That has now past and the box is still sitting there.  Do I say something?!?? 🤣🤣🤣. I am 99% sure he has completely forgotten about it.  It's nothing major and could be used whenever it is found but it is just kinda silly at this point.  So what would you do?

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, mommyoffive said:

How bad do you want it???  🙂

Yeah I would mention it.  

So it's bath salts and we are in the middle of major bathroom remodel and the tub isn't in yet so I can't use them at the moment anyways.   So I want it but not enough probably to say something. I am curious at this point how long it takes him to notice

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, busymama7 said:

So it's bath salts and we are in the middle of major bathroom remodel and the tub isn't in yet so I can't use them at the moment anyways.   So I want it but not enough probably to say something. I am curious at this point how long it takes him to notice

I’d wait and se me how long it took for him to notice.

• Like 1

Is it in a place he's likely to see it ever? I can see something like that becoming completely invisible to my husband. I may say something like this to my husband:  

"Hey Hon, I was in [room, closet, whatever] today and I saw a shipping box there that arrived in December. Whatcha gonna do with that? It's kinda in the way." 😃

My dad used to take me shopping with him when he went to buy my mom presents. I wrapped them for him. One year I wrapped one present, but it on my bedside table, and promptly forgot about it. About two months after Christmas, my mom asked who that obvious Christmas present was for. Oops. So embarrassing.  I saw that Christmas paper wrapped present *every* day and just never saw it. 

So, it vote it could be a long time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My dh was packing for a trip a couple of days ago, opened a drawer and said "Oh!" in a surprised voice. He then tossed over a gift to me and said it was for Christmas, but he had forgotten about it.😂 Thankfully, he gave me other things too, so I had no idea I was missing one.

• Haha 3