Menu

Well-trained bodies - September

Laura Corin

Today I thought about walking outside. The furtherest I got with that was washing my shorts and buying razors to shave my legs ha 

but I biked (uh not my best executed plan) with the coccyx pillow on my exercise bike seat. 30 min. 

Then I turned on a YouTube music playlist I’d made and walked laps around the house and did steps in front of the TV while it played. That was approx 15 min? 

Did a few strength training sets. Got a little past my step count goal (dr suggested 7500 on the days I bike since the biking bumps it up). 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, lynn said:

I did one of her Iron workouts.  Looking forward to trying her kettle bell workout tomorrow and others in the future.  I like that she uses heavy weights and and keeps it real and takes breaks as needed during sets.

OH, I love Iron. Iron is the most lifting focus series as it has no HIIT. Beast Mode is similar to Iron, IMO due to the work/rest ratios it goes best after Iron. I enjoyed the KB series too. So far I've done-- Epic Endgame, Epic Heat, Fuel, Iron, Advent Series, Calisthenics, Kettlebell, No Repeat, Strong and Lean, HIIT it Hard, Epic Beginner, and Tempo (also 3 weeks each of Epic 3 and Epic 1) This week I'm doing Endure. I started with her at the beginning of last July. Her other Epic Series have  4 days of lifting (rotating through upper/lower 3 days + 1 day Full Body) and 1 day of HIIT. Fuel has some cardio at the end of some of the other workouts plus the HIIT day. Caroline is a gem. I did 2 of her workouts and never looked back. I love that she actually knows how to do a split. I'd try other programs and every day was full body but called a split. I love that she doesn't talk, although at first it was weird I acclimated to it very quickly and now get so annoyed with chatty trainers. I love that she lifts heavy but really stresses doing what you can do. I can't stand pushy trainers. I love that she is so down to earth. She doesn't push a diet plan- counting, restricting, etc. When she answers questions about her own diet it is focused on healthy whole foods, plenty of protein, lots of veggies and she has treats here and there. And I love the videos themselves-- times and progress bars-- ya! Pretty aesthetic- and she pays attention to details- always has flowers that coordinate with her outfit. I can't stand workouts with green screens and clear backgrounds. 

22 hours ago, Jenny in Florida said:

Wow, @Soror - I know comparison is the death of contentment (or whatever that saying is), but geez that's a lot of reps. I'm happy when I can do 30 of each exercise my PT taught me. Good for you!

Yes, comparison is no good! I don't walk as much as you. I don't even aim for that much. And I usually don't even count reps but I love Caroline and the workouts were shorter so I thought I'll give it a go and I made it through, although it was hard at the end. 

15 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

It has been catastrophically rainy all day. I made it out for coffee at lunchtime and came back with my trousers soaked. It was another busy, tiring, frustrating day. 

But my daughter got a job and wants to tell us about it,  so that's good. I'll maybe do some light yoga after the call and perhaps some weights in front of the telly?

Congrats to your daughter. When is the new person starting again? It is such a horrible time for people to be out.

19 hours ago, wintermom said:

Dh and I took the puppy for a walk/run in the dog trails, and he met another like-sized dog that enjoyed running. The 2 of them had a great time running around the entire "walk." ☺️

My tennis seems to have slowed down a little, which is probably a good thing for my body. I'll try to keep up with cycling, walking and kayaking while the weather is still good. 

LOL, probably a good thing, you can't help yourself. I'm sure you'll stay busy enough with the rest!

10 hours ago, Harriet Vane said:

Still muddling along with light stuff to nudge my neck along (pinched nerve due to idiot bat invasion) and try to hold the line on my lower back. (When one part is injured, the other parts that are dysfunctional want to slide down that slippery slope, too.) It's not as acute as it was on Thursday/Friday, but my left hand is still horrid pins and needles and I still cannot hold my head up properly. I'm exhausted from just how many days this is even as I remind myself that it's better now than a few days ago. Spine doctor the day after tomorrow. It's hard to keep doing the correct PT stuff through the day but I think it does help. Thanks for listening to me whine.😏

I hope the doctor can help, that sounds miserable.

6 hours ago, heartlikealion said:

Today I thought about walking outside. The furtherest I got with that was washing my shorts and buying razors to shave my legs ha 

but I biked (uh not my best executed plan) with the coccyx pillow on my exercise bike seat. 30 min. 

Then I turned on a YouTube music playlist I’d made and walked laps around the house and did steps in front of the TV while it played. That was approx 15 min? 

Did a few strength training sets. Got a little past my step count goal (dr suggested 7500 on the days I bike since the biking bumps it up). 

Ya for meeting your step goal. I'm sorry your tailbone is still bothering you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm dragging today. After 6 days of working outside nearly all day I'm tired. I feel like I might be trying to get sick. I'm going to try my workout today (hamstring and core on the exercise ball). I'll not be pushing it and if it feels too much I'll stop it. I wanted to go to a park today but I think I'll be hanging at home instead. Being lazy and catching up on chores inside the house.

We got so much done but things will be grinding much, much slower now with dh in school. That's ok, we'll get done what we can, when we can.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Soror said:

I'm dragging today. After 6 days of working outside nearly all day I'm tired. I feel like I might be trying to get sick. I'm going to try my workout today (hamstring and core on the exercise ball). I'll not be pushing it and if it feels too much I'll stop it. I wanted to go to a park today but I think I'll be hanging at home instead. Being lazy and catching up on chores inside the house.

We got so much done but things will be grinding much, much slower now with dh in school. That's ok, we'll get done what we can, when we can.

That's a lot of manual labour! Enjoy a little rest and let your body bounce back, if you can. Glad a lot got accomplished on the shed! That must feel so satisfying for everyone! ☺️

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

@Harriet Vane that sounds so hard. Let me send you visions of a punt, the roof of the Camera and a certain bridge on New College Lane as solace.

Not Harriet, but I loved this too!

Cardio Bootcamp Boogie. Yes, that's the short one--just 25 min. Up early, trying to really get to school early this time (I was caught up with other people's questions as soon as I got in the building yesterday). At some point I need more sleep--keep waking up at 4:00 thinking about things I need to do. First day with students today!

• Like 4

Yesterday was a rotten day at work, and I ended up really needing a break in the afternoon. So I headed out for a walk right in the heat of the afternoon. 

Fortunately, I had yoga in the evening, which both forced me to walk away from work on time and gave me a mental break. (Side note: I really, really hate my job right now.)

Took a final, short walk with the dog to log the rest of the day's steps.

Walked about 4.25K this morning, interrupted with a little terror when a dog jumped out of the window of a passing pick-up truck and came after my dog. Fortunately, the truck was going slowly in the neighborhood and the dog jumped onto the sidewalk/grass side of the vehicle, so she didn't hurt herself when she landed. And I was able to grab her collar and hold her and my dog apart until the driver/owner managed to pull over, park and collect her. But it was not an ideal way to begin a day I already wasn't looking forward to having. (See note above about my job.)

Back home, I spent about 30 minutes on the mat on the patio doing the usual strength and stretching routine. 

Gratuitous pic included below of my pup before "the incident."

Fall Frenzy 2022 Challenge: 135.8 of 600k
Walking Streak: 128 days

IMG_20220907_071714997_HDR.jpg

• Like 6

@Jenny in Florida I'm sorry your job is rotten and you had an alarming dog incident. I'm glad no one was hurt.

--------

I was up early, so did some careful yoga that didn't twist my knee. I ran lots of errands on foot over the course of the day, but I may go for a walk after supper. 

Edited by Laura Corin
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My friend ordered those door attachments and they arrived yesterday. I started looking at exercises I can do with them. It won’t let me paste the YouTube url from my phone for some reason. 

Resistance Bands Door Anchor Attachment Secure Door Anchor Heavy Duty Door Anchor for Resistance Bands Door Jamb Anchor Fitness Workout Band Door Anchor https://a.co/d/iNxxXrd

• Like 3

I walked three times yesterday, twice with the puppy and once with a group of my homeschool friends. I hadn't walked with my friends in a couple months, so it was great catching up on all the news. There's been several weddings happen, kids moving, etc. None of us are homeschooling our kids anymore, but it's wonderful to still keep active together. ☺️

This afternoon is the start of another streak of tennis playing! I thought it was going to be a very light week for tennis, and suddenly I'm playing 4 times. 😅

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 5

Another stressful and sort of demoralizing day at work yesterday, and due to a combination of too many meetings and just not having my brain in gear earlier in the day, I ended up working later in the evening to knock off the must-do-today items from my list. And all that time sitting in my chair meant I ended up at 7:00pm with fewer than half of my steps for the day logged. 

It was a little drippy, so the dog declined to join me. The upside of this is that I can move a little faster and maintain a consistent pace when out on my own. I ended up walking about 5.5K, which got me just barely to my 15,000-step goal.

Walked about 4.7K this morning, the did a level 1 seated upper body workout (which I still had trouble keeping up with, even using the lighter weights -- I'm getting a little concerned about the fact that I seem to be losing ground, strength-wise) and, just because I didn't feel done, one of her 8-minute "deskercise" videos. It was really just sitting in the chair and stretching, but it felt good. 

Fall Frenzy 2022 Challenge: 145.9 of 600k
Walking Streak: 129 days

• Like 5

@Jenny in Florida sorry for the rough time of it, at home and at work

--------------------------------------

I was worn down Wed and Thurs but felt good after a nap Thurs afternoon. I exercised both days as I needed a distraction and neither workout was super strenuous. Challenging for my muscles but they were slow and controlled moves mostly using bodyweight. Steps were minimal Wednesday but I got in a nice long walk during the kid's TKD yesterday.

Today's plan: 30ish min full body strength+ 30ish min HIIT

I'm up in the night and took forever to fall asleep but am hoping I can go back to sleep and feel decent enough in the am.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Soror said:

@Jenny in Florida sorry for the rough time of it, at home and at work

--------------------------------------

I was worn down Wed and Thurs but felt good after a nap Thurs afternoon. I exercised both days as I needed a distraction and neither workout was super strenuous. Challenging for my muscles but they were slow and controlled moves mostly using bodyweight. Steps were minimal Wednesday but I got in a nice long walk during the kid's TKD yesterday.

Today's plan: 30ish min full body strength+ 30ish min HIIT

I'm up in the night and took forever to fall asleep but am hoping I can go back to sleep and feel decent enough in the am.

My cat woke me up lol hope you can get back to sleep soon 

• Like 4

Popping in on this thread, even though I’ve done 0 intentional training, lol.

Between anxiety medication and increased activity from moving, my heart rate high has dropped from 184 to 161 in the past month, and 149 in the past week. And I’m not talking exercise heart rate, just normal life stuff. 

After my echo, I’m looking forward to getting a nice workout routine going again  

• Like 5

Thanks for the support, all. Work is pretty hard for me right now. If I were in a better place, emotionally, I'd probably be handling it better, but I'm not, so . . . 

I worked late again last night, trying to make up for the time I couldn't get my act together during normal work hours, then took a solo 4K walk in the not-quite-rain to log the remaining steps for the day.

Got out this morning in some finally slightly cooler weather to walk about 4.25K, then spent about 20 minutes on the mat on the patio doing an abbreviated strength and stretching routine. 

Fall Frenzy 2022 Challenge: 153.9 of 600k
Walking Streak: 130 days

• Like 6

Feeling a little dispirited. I had to hand off a work project to someone else to cover, and I just feel icky about it. I like to think I am someone who meets her obligations. But the deadline was tight and I'm on meds that are sleepy and tough to think through for the next month. I offered to do the project with an extended deadline or hand it off, and they chose to assign to someone else. It's all good, but it feels icky.

Today's focus then is on all the PT. Stuff to hold the line on my lower back, and stuff to try to ease the pinched nerve. It's much better than five days ago but still acute. 

• Like 3

Got in the first dog walk this morning. I somehow did something to my foot/big toe at tennis on the hard court yesterday. It was painful in a certain position all night. I'm skipping tennis (on hard court again) Saturday, and resting it for tennis on clay court Sunday and Monday. Hopefully it will be a lot better by then. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Harriet Vane said:

Feeling a little dispirited. I had to hand off a work project to someone else to cover, and I just feel icky about it. I like to think I am someone who meets her obligations. But the deadline was tight and I'm on meds that are sleepy and tough to think through for the next month. I offered to do the project with an extended deadline or hand it off, and they chose to assign to someone else. It's all good, but it feels icky.

I'm in a similar situation at work. I inherited a very large, complicated project that was already in progress and kind of a mess. I worked with my boss to wrangle it into better shape and have been keeping it aloft for a few months. However, it still has a way to go (due to be complete at the end of the calendar year), and I can keep on top of it only by giving it nearly 100% of my attention. Every time I need to take my eyes off of it for any period of time, things go downhill rapidly. (I keep telling people it's like the ocean - You can't turn your back on it or a huge wave will smack you down.) 

It's also awful because doing this project requires me to work closely with someone I just cannot get along with very well. In combination, this project is causing me enormous stress. I have made no secret of the fact that I would be pleased not to have to do this anymore.

As of late last week, my boss has decided that I should pass this off to a coworker who is wrapping up his current project and has nothing else big on the horizon.  It'll be a process, because I will need to hand things over slowly so as not to overwhelm him. 

I'm pleased to know it will be off my plate, but I also feel like a bit of a failure that the decision has been made to take it away from me. 

I was just telling my counselor yesterday that I can't remember the last time I felt like I did something "right" at work.

It's not a good feeling. I'm sorry you're there.

Edited by Jenny in Florida
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Did Adriene's latest yoga video, Celebrate. She mentioned it's her 10 year anniversary of Yoga with Adriene--I've done a little more than 2 years with her. I've never done a live class or even someone else's video!

We have dd this weekend so caregivers can get some sleep. She will scream in the middle of the night. We don't hear it and don't intervene (opposite side of the house with doors closed). They do intervene--check to see if she needs changing or something, and on bad nights she just keeps waking. We want to give the caregivers a little break. We all slept fine last night, but she's up and screaming now, so I better go take care of her.

It's pretty smoky here from fires and an east wind. AQ 79--pales in comparison to the 500+ two years ago. But you still notice it and it smells and looks smoky.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Ali in OR said:

Did Adriene's latest yoga video, Celebrate. She mentioned it's her 10 year anniversary of Yoga with Adriene--I've done a little more than 2 years with her. I've never done a live class or even someone else's video!

We have dd this weekend so caregivers can get some sleep. She will scream in the middle of the night. We don't hear it and don't intervene (opposite side of the house with doors closed). They do intervene--check to see if she needs changing or something, and on bad nights she just keeps waking. We want to give the caregivers a little break. We all slept fine last night, but she's up and screaming now, so I better go take care of her.

It's pretty smoky here from fires and an east wind. AQ 79--pales in comparison to the 500+ two years ago. But you still notice it and it smells and looks smoky.

That's nice that you acknowledged this and gave them a break. I hope things improve. 

• Like 4

Friday dd and I decided to go directly from school pick up to dinner because it's about an hour drive from her school to the restaurant and I had to stop by the bank. I had told my workmates if they needed anything from me I'd have to get to it that night, in case they decided to blow up my phone. I held back from ordering dessert (they have an ice cream stand there) and I cut my burger in half and took half home. But I definitely racked up the calories. I ordered soda, but most days all I drink is water. I told myself in advance this was for sure going to be a cheat meal. Earlier that day I ate one meal and didn't snack. I had intended to exercise that night but when we got back to town we ended up visiting with the neighbors, I did some work online to compensate for leaving early (funny thing, I ran into my boss at the restaurant lol... but it was no big deal), then just relaxed til dd and I went to bed. My step count was good (for my standards lol) so I tried not to beat myself up about it too much. 

My tailbone feels healed one min. then later it is like "nope, not fully healed." It hurt a little on the drive so I wish I had taken my special pillow in the car. 

I got my new leg/foot stretcher device in the mail and tested that out. It's nice because it will pull the top of the foot down, unlike just a band or using the wall. https://a.co/d/bCnlNwW

Weight is making progress. June 2022 - 184 lbs. Today - 162.4 lbs. It might sound sorta impressive, but the last time I used MFP before 2022, I started around my current weight. This time will be different, though. I have more routine. I'd very much like to fit better in my clothes, especially around Halloween. But honestly I don't know what size I need to be to fit in my Halloween dress. 

• Like 5

I did not make my step count yesterday, not even close. I had to work a little late and then transitioned directly into schoolwork that needed to be submitted before midnight. By the time I finished that, it was after 10:00, and I was honestly just too fried to consider going for a walk. I changed into my PJs and plonked down on the couch to watch a couple of episodes of Monk before falling into bed. 

Today was the usual Saturday morning routine: Took the dog with me for a couple of kilometers around the neighborhood, the dropped her home and headed to the nature preserve for yoga. Walking from the parking lot to the class site and back got me another 2K+. Then my husband and I ventured out to a pop-up market with booths for a bunch of small, independent vendors and wandered there for a while. All told, I'm close to 10,000 steps so far.

I have more schoolwork to do, but nothing due until tomorrow evening, so I'll take a break at some point for another walk.

I'm hoping to head out bright and early tomorrow morning before it gets too hot to do this week's 8K training walk. 

Fall Frenzy 2022 Challenge: 158.4 of 600k
Walking Streak: 131 days

• Like 6

I missed posting yesterday. It was a lazy day for me as I rested my foot. I did go for a couple of walks with the puppy and older dog, and took a nice afternoon nap. ☺️

I played tennis for 2 hrs this morning, then dh and I took the puppy for a walk. I'm going to go for a kayak this afternoon for sure (and not nap instead). My foot is feeling way better now! 😉 

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 6

I completed my Tri this morning. I was hoping to finish in 2 hrs 10 minutes. I finished in 1 he 57 mins. So I was really pleased. The open water swim was tough. Due to poor spotting on my part I swam an extra 200 yds and was 3rd to last out of the swim. Biking went better than normal for me and running was good. I came in the top half of novice women. 

• Like 8

Well, it was bright but not early when I went out for my training walk this morning. After nearly conking out on the couch while watching TV last night, I actually slept eight hours for the first time in months. (I believe the last time was when I was sick or dealing with the vertigo and unable to get off the couch.) Since I still have a lot of schoolwork to finish today, I considered skipping the long walk, but decided I just didn't want to.

So, I took the dog on a brief stroll around the block, then got her settled and fed and headed off to the walking/biking trail. (Couple of views from the trail below.) I parked near the butterfly garden, which gave me a treat to look forward to when I make it back. I walked a little over 4K out and then back, to meet my 8K goal. I'm still going more slowly than I was, but I'm hoping that's due largely to the fact that I've been walking later in the day when it's hot. I also usually do better in terms of pace when I'm in a pack of other fast walkers/runners. 

I did make my step goal yesterday, too. 

No additional exercise today, since Sundays are my rest days. 

I'm exercising my brain, though. Does that count?

Fall Frenzy 2022 Challenge: 170.9 of 600k
Walking Streak: 132 days

IMG_20220911_095532601.jpg

IMG_20220911_100225514_HDR.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, lynn said:

Finished 1 week of Caroline Girvan Iron workout.  It was definitely the change I needed.   

Ya!!! So happy to have another CG girl here.

48 minutes ago, hshibley said:

I completed my Tri this morning. I was hoping to finish in 2 hrs 10 minutes. I finished in 1 he 57 mins. So I was really pleased. The open water swim was tough. Due to poor spotting on my part I swam an extra 200 yds and was 3rd to last out of the swim. Biking went better than normal for me and running was good. I came in the top half of novice women. 

Congratulations, that is great time. You should be very proud.

• Like 3

Yesterday I finished Caroline's Pure Endure week with the 500 rep cardio workout. 5 exercises- 100 reps each. (1) 2 pushups+ 2 squats-- I did about 80 of these and after the first 25 (50 total pushups) switched to knee pushups. My shoulder starting feeling twingy. (2) ab exercise -- all 100 (3) burpee variation-- only 80 ish (4) another ab exercise-- all 100 and (5) sprawl-- like half a burpee--- again 80 something. She's super fast. I kept up the first half of the sprawls but couldn't keep up the last half. I got my heartrate up plenty high. 

Today--- Day 5 of 1 hr Series- Strength and Stretch--- really a yoga workout-- slower paced-- some holds and repetitions for strength work and a good amount of stretching too. 

It felt great. I need to do more yoga. I'd like to find a class locally to take once a week and maybe an online series 10 minutes or so a day. I'm aiming to look and see what I can find this week. Of the ones I know available locally either they don't work for my schedule or I don't care for the teacher--- that or it's either too slow or more challenging than I want. Sigh. Maybe there will be something new that I'm not aware of? 

This week I'm planning to do the rest of the 1 hr series, at least 1 pickleball session, more if they have them that work for my schedule, and hoping for at least short walks on Thurs and Friday (detour ends Wed afternoon)

Monday --- 1 hr-- Quads and Core

Pickleball (finally! they have hardly had any sessions lately and between work on the shop and dd's tennis I've not had much time anyway)

Tuesday--  1hr -- Upper Body and Upper Abs

Wednesday-- 1hr glutes and lower abs

Thursday--- Rest day--Yoga and walking

Friday-- 1hr --- full body isometrics+ walk

Saturday-- Cardio/HIIT class w/ friend--- maybe? There is a new workout place in town and I'm wanting to try it out. My friend and I used to workout at least twice a month on Saturdays but haven't since Covid. I noticed this place opened so thought we could try it. I'm not looking to replace my workouts with a gym as I love my at home workouts but maybe once in a while?

• Like 6

Oh and side note-- my energy levels are much better these days. I think I'd let my iron dip again. I'd slacked on my supplement when we'd run low and I kind of forgot to start taking it again. I noticed a few weeks ago I was really dragging. So, I started it back up again. I'm consistently getting more things done and my down days aren't quite as slow. That gives me more energy to do better with my food which makes me feel even better. It is such a cycle. My schedule is also much better these days since the kids started school. I was running myself ragged with all the going ons (which was not easy with the energy levels lagging). I counted it up and we had 30 appointments in 12 weeks time (from coming back from vaca until school started back). That doesn't count all the running for dd-- taking her to and from work 2-3x a week, tennis practice, to hang out with friends, the 3 different court visits and the insane amount of work we did on the shop, keeping up with the house, schooling the girls. It makes the little stress things much easier to handle.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, hshibley said:

Congratulations! 

Today, I did some reading for my module,  but managed a walk and twenty minutes of weights.

• Like 7

- Done 1 hr - legs and core--- 45 sec squat or lunge variation- 15 sec rest; 45 sec plank variation-- 15 sec rest--- for 1 hr

Planning 10 min of yoga/stretching later and pickleball in the afternoon

I found a yoga class to try on Saturday. So, I have a cardio class w/ a friend at 8:45 (around 30-45 min I think) and then yoga-- ballet inspired class at 10 am ( 1 hr I think).

Edited by Soror
  • Like 7

I did Adriene's Lower Back Love video this morning instead of my usual treadmill. Dd and I waited in a 3-hour line of cars for our Covid boosters Saturday (and no, I would not have done that if I had known how long it would take). So I spent yesterday sleeping on the sofa (I always lose the day after a Covid shot). And my lower back is hurting--not sure why, maybe 3 hours sitting in the car. So yoga today.

Last night was our first as empty nesters. This is a happy change for the most part. Having disabled dd home definitely raises our stress levels. Youngest took the overnight Coast Starlight train down to CA Saturday night. They had to travel through one of Oregon's fire areas, but made it through. Dh said that on Sunday they closed the tracks for some controlled burns. Glad she's safely in CA--dh gets to drive her stuff down on the weekend.

• Like 6

With the longer walk yesterday morning and some poking around the house, I ended up getting my steps done for the day early in the evening. I still took the dog out for a short walk later, just to clear my head after I finished the school reading and assignments.

Started this morning a little short on steps and exercise, because I had an appointment for a blood draw at 8:15. (Of course, they didn't actually take me into the room until after 9:00.) I really tried to get up early enough to allow for the usual routine before I left, but I just couldn't do it. So, I managed about 3.8K and 20 minutes of strength and stretching. I did park at the wrong entrance for the lab and ended up having to walk up (and then down) some stairs and around the building, which netted me enough steps to catch me up for the morning. 

More walking later, as usual.

Fall Frenzy 2022 Challenge: 176.3 f 600k
Walking Streak: 133 days

• Like 6

All these impressive things in this thread!! Way to go, ladies!!

80 burpees?! @Soror 

@hshibley (tagging not working for me) wow congrats. 

I didn't do any formal exercise the last couple days and at times I can feel the bruising in my tailbone still. The day I bought my pedometer there were no reviews. Now there are a few and they are not good. They are saying it overestimates because it's based on wrist movement (aren't they all kinda) and I just don't know how many steps I'm getting. So maybe I need to up my goals. 

My dad came to town for grandparents' day at dd's school (he's there now) so last night we just watched a movie and I didn't exercise. 

Seems I'm balancing between getting projects done and exercise. We plan to prep the kitchen for painting. Have to remove all the cabinet doors. The cabinet doors are new and a cream color but I need to paint around them to match. It's gonna be a chore. I started making a curtain for one of the kitchen windows this weekend, but didn't finish. 

• Like 6

@hshibley Congratulations on your tri!!! 

@Soror So glad your energy has returned!

I didn't end up kayaking yesterday as it clouded over and my energy levels tanked. My environmental allergies are horrible now, and it's pretty draining. Today I took puppy for his hike in the woods, and I'll play doubles tennis for a couple hours after work. 

• Like 6