Menu

Chicken that tastes good cold?

Drama Llama

I would roast them in the oven, peel of the meat and make a vinaigrette chicken salad with like some finely diced onion, pepper, and or celery.  Olive oil and red wine vinegar, your favorite herbs.  Chopped toasted nuts are a nice addition too.  Make sandwiches or toss over greens.  

• Like 1

Just now, Baseballandhockey said:

Have you ever had cold chicken noodle soup?  

I need an air fryer.  

I have not had cold chicken noodle soup, but I'm willing to try it (if you're implying that it's good, not gross, lol). 

You do need an air fryer! I use mine a ridiculous amount. I used it tonight for meatloaf I had premade and stuck in the freezer. 

1 minute ago, katilac said:

I have not had cold chicken noodle soup, but I'm willing to try it (if you're implying that it's good, not gross, lol). 

No, I was implying that not all chicken is good cold. 

1 minute ago, katilac said:

You do need an air fryer! I use mine a ridiculous amount. I used it tonight for meatloaf I had premade and stuck in the freezer. 

I finally got instant pot parts, so I am soon going to start cooking in the 21st century style.  

(Actually, I have been cooking N95's in my instant pot, which I think is the ultimate 21st century style, but I am thinking of branching out to food. 

1 hour ago, Baseballandhockey said:

OK, I will concede on that point.  

I think I'm going to do @Spirea's yakitori, some egg onigiri, edamame, broccoli, and carrots.  

That sounds good right?

Well, that's not my yakitori. I use thighs, soy, mirin and honey, garlic, ginger, pepper and put it on kabob sticks and grille. It's good cold.

But that recipe looks good and is highly rated, and I would try it.

I do make my own version of Ree Drummond's simple sesame noodles and always serve cold. I also like cold stir fry. Asian food is just good, hot or cold.

I think it's a good plan.

Hey, do you have a thermos? Hot soup might be nice on the slopes too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sneezyone said:

I’d marinate them in a bit of cornstarch, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and rice wine overnight then bake. I have a countertop panini press that gets used for quick grilling which would be faster.

This. We do chicken skewers on the grill with a similar marinade and they are very good hot or cold.

• Like 2

Brown sugar and soy sauce marinade.  Sprinkle with sesame seeds before baking.  Great cold.  My favorite now I am on doing weightwatchers (I use chicken breast but drumsticks would work) is s marinade of plain low fat yogurt and tandoori paste.

13 hours ago, Baseballandhockey said:

No, I was implying that not all chicken is good cold. 

I finally got instant pot parts, so I am soon going to start cooking in the 21st century style.  

(Actually, I have been cooking N95's in my instant pot, which I think is the ultimate 21st century style, but I am thinking of branching out to food. 

🤣