Menu

Two friends in their fifties, on vents

Ginevra

One is a woman I have known for most of my life; she was my sister’s best friend. I also worked at the same firm as her when I was 19. She went into cardiac arrest today but they revived her. But this is not looking too good now. 

Another is a man I went to school with from first to sixth grade. I just learned that they transferred him to a different hospital. 

In both cases unvaxed. 

• Sad 63

1 minute ago, Quill said:

I’m just having a hard time today. My dad also got hurt today because of a fall. Just so much crap today. It hurts my heart. 

I am very sorry about your dad.  I can relate to falls very well and getting injured by them.  I really hope he gets good treatment including proper pain management.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TravelingChris said:

THe only person I know of in that condition is a kidney cancer patient who is a brother of my friend.  And I didn't ask about vaccination because people with active cancer and cancer treatments are the people who are at very high risk, even if vaccinated and boosted.  

It feels to me like there are just SO MANY people who are Covid positive right now that it’s not that surprising to know a couple people who are doing poorly. 

I also heard something that makes sense to me. If someone has been against Covid precautions and have been dismissive, it’s not surprising that that person does not go to the hospital unless they are very I’ll. By then it could be too late to really treat the person effectively. 

• Like 12