Menu

Was it the Hive who talked about the Reese's Peanut Brittle?

Terabith

8 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

I didn’t get a peanut brittle flavor from it, but I thought it had hints of maple. And I love maple goodies (donuts, fudge, etc). 

Yeah, I agree.  It does not taste like peanut brittle, but I get notes of maple, coffee, and caramel.  

14 hours ago, Terabith said:

Yeah, I agree.  It does not taste like peanut brittle, but I get notes of maple, coffee, and caramel.  

Maple and caramel I tasted.  No coffee.  I'm absolutely sure because if it had coffee at all I would have not been able to swallow.  And I liked it, so no coffee flavor is possible.  

I've tried to like coffee for years. Last year I had to give my favorite Contingo to my dh because he used it for coffee once and weeks later I could still taste coffee if I used it for my tea.

Edited by Tenaj
  • Like 1

Is it good enough to make up for the fact that they have tampered with the formulation of Reese's PB trees so that they're now just meh? I think it started with the PB pumpkins. I tried in October to convince myself that I had just gotten some that were stale. But I swear, having tried a couple of trees, that they've mucked up at least the chocolate portion, and maybe both the chocolate and PB. Evil scroogey scum.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 10:26 AM, kristin0713 said:

I tried to find these today and could NOT! I'm dying to try them! 

My DH just picked them up for me at Target today after he heard me talk about it (since I don't eat any candy, at all, and I mentioned reading about it here). He got me the "miniature" version and I must say that I expected more of the "brittle" in it and was disappointed at how little crunchy texture there was - but it was good!

You can see if they have inventory in your zip code:

https://www.target.com/p/reese-39-s-holiday-peanut-brittle-miniatures-9oz-16ct/-/A-83020715

Edited by mathnerd