Menu

decorating threads . . .

gardenmom5

see what you've done , .

It got me in the mood to put the greenery on my mantel.  I really like my Christmas greenery mantel - but I've always waited until after Thanksgiving.   (trying to stay in our lane.)

then I thought - most greenery still works.  I could throw in some orange fall stuff and it would work . . . .so, this is what I ended up with.  I will enjoy my mantel longer.   (maybe snowflakes in january. . . . )

The cat likes the bits of juniper hanging down . . . . . (i prefer fake stuff - not a fire hazard, and doesn't make a mess.  well, not as big of a mess. . . . )

20211110_134451.jpg

• Like 24

9 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

Beautiful!!  
I wish I had a fireplace (and mantel) to decorate! 

you use what you have. a buffet?  a chest/tv-stand/etc you can put a vase with fall foliage in?  I know one person that had extremely limited space.  They used a roll of school construction paper and made a life size Christmas tree "picture" for their wall.  Another did a big gingerbread man for their front door.  The had their kids lay down - and the kids colored them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

see what you've done , .

It got me in the mood to put the greenery on my mantel.  I really like my Christmas greenery mantel - but I've always waited until after Thanksgiving.   (trying to stay in our lane.)

then I thought - most greenery still works.  I could throw in some orange fall stuff and it would work . . . .so, this is what I ended up with.  I will enjoy my mantel longer.   (maybe snowflakes in january. . . . )

The cat likes the bits of juniper hanging down . . . . . (i prefer fake stuff - not a fire hazard, and doesn't make a mess.  well, not as big of a mess. . . . )

20211110_134451.jpg

It looks lovely!!!

• Like 1

Mark made a mantle shelf for the new house. It is mounted to the brick wall behind the woodstove. We really do not want the woodstove, and when we take over the house from Dd and family, he is going to put in a fireplace with a full fireplace front and mantle. Dd needs to put a few more screws in before she can decorate. So it will be a while before I have a picture. Currently she just has some greens and white pumpkin garland on it that is lightweight. But for Christmas, put lambs ears leaves around six, white pillar candles, and tied each on up with silver ribbon. We have six battery operated candles to put up there ad well, and some silver and white garland along with pinecones and purple ornaments. There are several, brazen bronzed wrought iron hooks from which stockings will be hung. So I hope it is going to look great despite the ugly, unused woodstove that needs to be yanked out.

• Like 1