Menu

why?

ktgrok

Would one use an electric powered air BLOWER (like canned air but on steroids) to blow dust off of boxes and such, and into the air, rather than utilize a vacuum, which would suck it up???!?!??! Walked into my bedroom and a person who shall not be named for reasons of board rules, was using his fun new toy to blow dust and animal hair off the stuff he dragged out of the closet. Right next to my bed/pillows/etc. 

I even offered to fetch said person the vacuum. He said, "why?" I explained that he was blowing the dust all into the air and onto the bed, and he said, "Well, I don't know what to do about that." 

Um, you could USE THE VACUUM I OFFERED TO BRING YOU!

At that point I made a mental note to change the pillowcases and wash the bedspread and walked away. 

But seriously, WHY????? When he bought the thing I questioned the point of it, and the only other time he used it I made him take the stuff outside to blow off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 1

Two things:

🤣 I feel your pain!  Or rather, my dh probably does because I am exactly the type of person who would do something now and think about the result after.

and

Where can I get one of those?  Not for me!  😄 For ds22, who has gear and such that a vacuum cannot get into all the nooks and crannies, but if the packed dirt was broken up the vacuum could take care of it more easily (think like old pocket knives and military gear, where stuff gets stuck in the creases).

2 hours ago, HomeAgain said:

has gear and such that a vacuum cannot get into all the nooks and crannies, but if the packed dirt was broken up the vacuum could take care of it more easily (think like old pocket knives and military gear, where stuff gets stuck in the creases).

Right, that seems like a really useful tool! I'm surprised we don't have one here. It's probably more powerful than a vacuum and thus removes the dirt/dust better. 

But mostly I think people would use those kinds of things outside or away from bedding and other textiles.  Katie, the person who did this is an engineer, right? I can totally see that happening. Narrow focus and all that. 

Remember my thread where one unnamed person sprayed Raid all around inside the house to kill a mosquito?

I didn’t know there were board rules about this., lol. Mine has only been complaints/mild vents….not anything more! 😊

ETA: Oh! Just realized you could take that the wrong way! Didn’t mean you were doing anything wrong!

Edited by Indigo Blue

57 minutes ago, marbel said:

Right, that seems like a really useful tool! I'm surprised we don't have one here. It's probably more powerful than a vacuum and thus removes the dirt/dust better. 

But mostly I think people would use those kinds of things outside or away from bedding and other textiles.  Katie, the person who did this is an engineer, right? I can totally see that happening. Narrow focus and all that. 

Bingo. I mean, he's  a computer engineer/information security engineer, but yeah. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HomeAgain said:

Two things:

🤣 I feel your pain!  Or rather, my dh probably does because I am exactly the type of person who would do something now and think about the result after.

and

Where can I get one of those?  Not for me!  😄 For ds22, who has gear and such that a vacuum cannot get into all the nooks and crannies, but if the packed dirt was broken up the vacuum could take care of it more easily (think like old pocket knives and military gear, where stuff gets stuck in the creases).

I might do it and not think too..but when someone OFFERED the vaccum I'd rethink, lol. 

But, just realized this particular person was out of his ADHD medication yesterday, so going to cut him some slack 🙂 It all makes sense now!

And this is the machine https://amzn.to/3jctt9j

• Thanks 1

Just now, ktgrok said:

I mean, yes, but then you will have dust and what not flying EVERYWHERE. 

What I'm thinking is, if the dust is blown off, it would be easier to vacuum up from the floor after. I mean the alternative is to painstakingly take a cloth to every little bit of those stupid louvered doors... 

1 minute ago, marbel said:

What I'm thinking is, if the dust is blown off, it would be easier to vacuum up from the floor after. I mean the alternative is to painstakingly take a cloth to every little bit of those stupid louvered doors... 

That was DH's theory...except keep in mind the dust will go in the air to be breathed in (wear a mask!), stick to walls, furniture, etc. Heck, some will no doubt fall back down right on the doors, lol. But if you did it regularly, maybe?

I do use a vacuum on my louvered doors, with a brush attachment. 

Edited by ktgrok
  • Like 2