Katy

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Terabith said:

IMG_5831.jpeg

I would love to see Simone Biles in track events like the high jump! 

double back, pike, over the bar! New world record !!!! lol

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Terabith said:

IMG_5835.jpeg

I half laugh, half sympathize.  We had a resourceful mouse years ago when we first moved. The pest control guy basically threw down more of the traps we had and said that should do it, no matter how much I protested.  It did not, in fact, do it.  I rigged up a wide mouth gatorade bottle with a tube from a dress sock leading in and an organic peanut butter cup at the bottom.  He got in and couldn't get back out.  We've since invested in commercially made versions out of steel, but I couldn't believe we paid $150 for a handful of traps and a pest control guy who didn't know how to do his job better than we did.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Terabith said:

IMG_5836.jpeg

The geese hang out in front of the wing building on base (I know, the joke writes itself).  But they're wicked little creatures!  Nobody gets in or out without making the decision to pass by them.  IIRC, there were fake coyotes as a deterrent for a while until the geese got too smart for them again.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Terabith said:

IMG_5845.jpeg

One of the most fun things about the Olympics is when athletes that most people have never heard of end up going viral (like all the Clark Kent memes about US gymnast Stephen Nodoroscik). Yusuf Dikeç is 51, this is his 5th Olympics, and he just won his first ever Olympic medal (silver), which is also the first ever shooting medal of any kind for Türkiye. There's tons of Japanese/Anime fan art of him, this one is my favorite:

Screenshot 2024-08-02 at 10.42.27 AM.png

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Drama Llama said:

Don’t tell Nugget and Inky but I wouldn’t be surprised if Aslan has a family or two on the side.

I think Inky is actually more likely to, honestly.  Aslan goes outside but he mostly stays in our yard and our porch.  Inky wanders more and hangs out at the next door neighbor's yard a lot.  I could imagine her sneaking into his house.  She's not quite as friendly and outgoing as Aslan though, so I don't think it's a real possibility.  

Obama was the one who time and logistics wise could have had another home.  I hope he did and just moved there.  But I think it's unlikely.  He pretty much hated every other person in the world who isn't someone who has lived with him at some point.  He was okay ish with my father in law.

• Like 1