Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

This was in my FB feed from a sort of local PD:

The [Name] Police Department and other agencies in the area have received multiple reports of a new, highly addictive substance circulating in and around Fairfield as well as nationally! This substance has common street names like "Thin Mints," "Caramel DeLites," "Peanut Butter Patties," and "Lemonades." Do not let these innocent names fool you. 🥸
These highly addictive substances are being distributed into our communities by groups of extremely persuasive, fearless, and charming young women who will lure you in with their good-cause story and then proceed to get you absolutely hooked on their product. Many users have reported starting off "with just one box", but quickly find themselves resorting to purchasing multiple boxes a day to get their fix. Even scarier, some users even start hiding their stash in the freezer! 😱
We want our community to know that we are here for you. We have set up a drop-off location for these "Girl Scout Cookies" at the Fairfield Police Department, where our officers can dispose of them safely! 😎
As always, stay safe and stay kind💙. We’re here if you need us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 18

1 hour ago, kbutton said:

This was in my FB feed from a sort of local PD:

Having just spend three hours over the weekend with a group of these "charming young women", I can say they were far less "persuasive and fearless" and far more "Look, look, look!! A squirrel!!" as six people tried to excavate their orders from the precarious piles of cookies the entrepreneurs had haphazardly stacked on the table in such a manner that if the distant squirrel so much as looked at them wrong they would all tumble off the table in a jumbled heap.

And after calculating our take of the proceeds, I can whole-heartedly urge everyone to buy the store brand and donate what you save directly to your local troop!!

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, wendyroo said:

I can say they were far less "persuasive and fearless" and far more "Look, look, look!! A squirrel!!"

Lol! I had a similar but better experience with Cub Scout popcorn sales outside of the grocery store.

5 minutes ago, wendyroo said:

And after calculating our take of the proceeds, I can whole-heartedly urge everyone to buy the store brand and donate what you save directly to your local troop!!

Yes! Sometimes we donate directly to fundraisers. The only downside I have figured out is that sometimes the young person selling doesn't get a specific reward offered as incentive.

• Like 1