Menu

Where to buy masks

I am looking for some basic cloth masks. DH and I wear filter masks at work each day, but we and the kids wear plain cloth masks (some with a filter pocket, some without) everywhere else. 

Our homemade masks from back when that is all you could get are dying - nose wires breaking, elastic stretched out, etc. Youngest DD (who has a tiny face, but not small enough for kid sizes) loved the few masks I bought from EShakti, but they aren't selling much in the way of masks anymore. 

We all prefer ear loops to ties. Adjustable ear loops for tiny DD are a necessity. I like them if they "poof" a bit so I don't get a hot flash. A couple of layers of fabric. Something other than plain black would be nice.

I don't sew, and most of the mask-makers I know aren't sewing them anymore.

Any face masks that are reasonably priced that you've run into that fit the bill? 

I was also going to say Old Navy or Target. I replaced our adult ones for the exact same reason recently at Target and they were all like 75% off. One of my kids begged me to make more, lol. I was like, this is cheaper than ordering more elastic though! We really wore them all out. But anywhere with kids clothes will have an aisle endcap or a spinning carousel of them like socks these days.

• Like 1

My walmart had a million masks on sale.  Kid packs of surgical like ones were $1 for 25.   Cloth ones were on sale for .25 or $1 a pack.  Tons and tons and tons.  They had cloth and surgical like ones.  I forgot how much the adult surgical like ones were.  I think it was .25 for  pack.   They were even gave tons of free packs away in the grocery order this week. 

• Thanks 1

My teens went to a camp recently that was going to require masks and we went into a panic because we didn’t have enough for a clean one daily for an entire week.  There was no way they were going to hand wash them while there.  We went to a couple stores that used to have tons and only had kid sizes or way overpriced adult masks.  Dd bought some she liked at Hobby Lobby.  Do didn’t like the colors there, so I ended up buying him a pack of disposable ones in the first aid section of the grocery store.  I hope you can find some without too much trouble.

Edited by athena1277
  • Thanks 1

We have been using Old Navy masks for basic run in and out use all year and they have held up well.  I'm finally upgrading to a few happy masks because come this fall I suspect we will have some higher risk and longer in mask situations.  

Edited by FuzzyCatz
  • Thanks 1

I have a bunch of cloth masks that were made for our family. We've opted to use Happy Masks ourselves. You are welcome to them just for the price of shipping. Most of them have a filter pocket and nose wire.

masks.jpg

Edited by calbear
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Lawyer&Mom said:

We have been using masks from The Gap and they have held up well.  (Although the kid size has been slipping off my big eight year old’s nose, but the grown up size is still way too big for her. Any ideas from the crowd?)

My 8 yo switched from kid to adult sizes too. We twist the ear cords once, and then use an adhesive metal nosepiece strip from Amazon ($7 for 200) onto the mask to get a good nose fitting.

• Like 1