Menu

Need gift ideas for a friend

klmama

Does she have any special interests/hobbies?  For example, I would get a friend who likes to run a new pair of running socks or something like that.  Or a special bookmark for a friend who reads.  Maybe some fun flavored nuts or protein bars for my sons or special jerky for my daughter.  Do you know what scents she likes/dislikes if you would want to buy her special soaps/lotions/body washes/candles?  Is she local?  Our area's specialty is maple syrup, so I would send someone who is not local some kind of maple treat if I thought they would like that.  

ETA - does she like cats or dogs?  A friend of mine loves Snoopy so I'd get her something with Snoopy.  

Edited by Kassia
  • Like 1

Book, figurine of something she enjoys, take her on a lunch date, a letter to her about what her frienship means to you with a keychain or pendant, fancy bookmark, funny t-shirt, if she drinks alcohol - a bottle of wine or some summery drinks - coconut rum or fizzy.

• Like 1

Does she like writing notes? If so, a nice set of decorated cards maybe (Target or Hobby Lobby)

Does she like tea? Maybe a special tea with the yummy special sugars (assuming you can keep it under that price point).

If she likes to read/study/highlight books - they have some nice sets of mildliner highlighters which are fun.  Other color arrangements are available too - https://www.amazon.com/Zebra-Pen-Mildliner-Highlighter-Assorted/dp/B07TJXHG4D

Is there a dessert she loves - if she isn't trying to lose weight, maybe make that? 

If it raining all the time like it is here, a fun new umbrella would be a cheery present. (at least I think so after sooooo muchhhh rain)

• Like 1

I love coffee and tea, so a mug and some coffee or tea is a common little gift for me. Or chocolate 🙂 Chocolate is always good. I’ve been known to give plants, particularly kitchen herbs. But plants can  make a non-gardener nervous as they worry about accidentally killing it.

I like food gifts because they won’t become clutter. Many people appreciate homemade bread or cookies. One of my friends has allergies, though, so I stick with tea or gifts that reflect her interests: writing, cats, books.

Eta: whoops, Read your op again, no chocolate, 😣

a lot of people like to give candles or lotion for stuff like this but I find scent preferences to be so individual that unless I’m sure about what someone likes, I go with a bath and body gift card so they can pick what they like.

Edited by Emba

1 hour ago, Bambam said:

Does she like writing notes? If so, a nice set of decorated cards maybe (Target or Hobby Lobby)

Oh, and some fun gel pens or a nice pen!  I love pens!  

Some luxurious hand cream, foot cream, body lotion?  

Costco has some hand soap now that’s $11 for 4.  Comes in a box that is printed to look painted, bottles are plastic but have a Polish pottery type look.  Scents are good, too.  I picked up a box to give MIL, just because it’s her style.  

I just got back from a "sisters weekend" with three of my sisters. The hostess put together bags for us that contained fun but inexpensive things: foot masks (who knew THAT was a thing?!), eye gel, lemony hand sanitizer, lip balm, car coaster, and candle. It was at the beach, so many of these had a beach theme or scent. So maybe you could put together a few small items with a theme?