Menu

Which movies do you never get tired of watching over and over again?

Indigo Blue

On 4/25/2021 at 9:28 PM, gardenmom5 said:

The Philadelphia Story

Casablanca

The Princess Bride (I'm getting a DVD with the spanish track)

The scene that always gets me in Casablanca (what a great film!) is when Victor Laszlo strikes up the band (after a nod of assent from Rick) and the crowds sings La Marseillaise.

If I were allowed to hand out a posthumous Oscar to an actor for one of the greatest performances in film history I think it would go to Madeleine Lebeau for her 8 second cut away at 1:09 alone. I believe her. Magnifique! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scarlett said:

Shawshank  Redemption

Out of Africa.

I just watched Hidden Figures this weekend.  It was AMAZING. I want to watch it again soon.  I was cleaning house while I watched and so I want to watch it again with focus and with dh.  

Oh, definitely watch Hidden Figures again when you can sit down and actually watch it! I love that movie. So good.

Knight and Day (Cruise, Diaz)
Pride and Prejudice (BBC)
Shawshank Redemption (not sure why with this one)
Sound of Music

Knight and Day - love this movie!  I rotfl each time so we bought our own dvd copy!

I'm sure there are others but those stick out right now.

Princess Bride

Avengers movies

Captain America movies

The Lord of the Rings movies

Star Wars original triology

Star Trek movies (mostly)

Undercover Blues

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Singing in the Rain

Rebecca

Harry Potter movies

6 minutes ago, sheryl said:

Knight and Day (Cruise, Diaz)
Pride and Prejudice (BBC)
Shawshank Redemption (not sure why with this one)
Sound of Music

Knight and Day - love this movie!  I rotfl each time so we bought our own dvd copy!

I'm sure there are others but those stick out right now.

Me either!  But I love it.  I remember the first time I watched it.  It was on TV so the 'R' part was removed.  I was ironing.  And I was completely mesmerized by the story.  Then after I had watched it I realized it was a Stephen King movie!  I would have never watched it had I known that first because I assume (obviously incorrectly) all of his stuff is super natural. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Me either!  But I love it.  I remember the first time I watched it.  It was on TV so the 'R' part was removed.  I was ironing.  And I was completely mesmerized by the story.  Then after I had watched it I realized it was a Stephen King movie!  I would have never watched it had I known that first because I assume (obviously incorrectly) all of his stuff is super natural. 

SCARLETT!!!!  I love this movie, too!  I wish we could watch it together - both fans of this movie.  Honestly, I can't tell you how many times I've seen this movie (and the other ones above).  OK, now I have to hunt down SR and see who's playing it!

• Like 1

Napoleon Dynamite (though I hated it the first time)

Nacho Libre

Princess Bride

National Treasure (the heist scene)

Strictly Ballroom

Class Rank (filmed in our former LA hometown)

Cyrano de Bergerac

Chuck (the TV show we’ve rewatched an embarrassing number of times)

Any parts of any of the Harry Potter movies; I use them as wind-down TV. I have them all in my DVR and I watch them (or semi-watch them) at night when I can’t be bothered with the news and I don’t have any new House Hunters Intl. to watch. 

Those are really the only movies I actually do watch repeatedly, but the following movies I don’t mind watching repeatedly:

Forest Gump

SLeepless in Seattle

Mrs. Doubtfire

Ella Enchanted

The Incredibles

Big

Recently, I recorded and watched all of All Creatures Great and Small. I often think, “I would watch that whole series straight again.” I loved it so much. 

Edited by Quill

3 hours ago, MercyA said:

I love lots of movies, but to watch over and over? Definitely Sense and Sensibility (1995) and Talladega Nights.

Yes, there is some incongruity there. :tongue:

"...kilos of Columbian bam-bam..." chortle, snort! It's funnier than it ought to be!

Has anyone seen Monsters V. Aliens, the animated movie, with Stephen Colbert as the voice of the president? We watch it every few months. It's become a family classic. 

• Haha 1