Menu

20 years ago...

Lori D.

We started homeschooling our DSs.

I just realized that the 2020-2021 school year marks the 20th anniversary of our family starting to homeschool. DSs were grades 1 and 2. We homeschooled through each of them graduating from high school -- which is now years ago in the rear-view mirror. I am old. That is all.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Andani said:

You are a fountain of wisdom and information! I appreciated your posts here when I started homeschooling in, hmmm, 2007. I still love it when I see you list a bunch of great books for somebody, and I think, there's Lori D!

Yes! I have so appreciated your book recommendations, Lori D!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congrates! I'm only 5 years behind you but I'm still a Hive Mind Larva, have been on WTM since 2009. 

When do I get to the cocoon stage? I feel like that is where I belong.

Not asking questions much and too tired to give advice. I'm here to just laugh at memes and find out there is an American Historical Doll that represents my childhood. 😂 Maybe after I graduate a couple more kids I can join you in actually giving advice. 

• Like 1

Congrats on 20 years!!! That is quite an accomishment!

Count me in as one who always appreciates you sharing your wisdom and experience. Many times I click on a thread to say something, and then I realize that you already said what I would have said ... but in such a more complete and kind and thoughtful way than me. And I still think one of the best compliments I've ever received was when you commented on someone's post that you nearly always agree with me 👍👍👍 (even though that particular time you didn't lol)

Signed,

Lori D.'s biggest fan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lori D. said:

We started homeschooling our DSs.

I just realized that the 2020-2021 school year marks the 20th anniversary of our family starting to homeschool. DSs were grades 1 and 2. We homeschooled through each of them graduating from high school -- which is now years ago in the rear-view mirror. I am old. That is all.

Aw! Congratulations Lori! We started homeschooling at the same time! 
Our DD is now planning preschool curriculum for her oldest who is three. ❤️ 

Twenty is something to celebrate!

• Like 3