Menu

Senior year planning

Please let me know if I’ve missed another thread on this topic.

Planning for next year is making me so sad.  This has always been my favorite part, and it’s my last opportunity to plan a school year...

English IV: Roman Roads Fitting Words rhetoric curriculum, with several must-reads thrown in randomly...Cicero’s Republic, for instance...really want him to read that before graduation...and a sprinkling of C.S. Lewis titles that we haven’t covered

Fine Arts: The History of Western Music with Dr. Carol course, with continued piano and performance

AP US Government: online with PAH

AP Physics C: PAH

Differential Equations: dual enrollment 

2nd semester dual enrollment math of his choosing...

Economics: AP online or dual enrollment??  He really prefers live classes...

Computer Science:  He has taken AP Comp Science, and plans to take the following course dual enrollment this summer.  Any suggestions on what he could do for computers next year?  He has already collected a couple of professional certifications...not sure what he is planning.

That’s it, so far...still feeling like something’s missing...I so miss the days of math manipulatives and crayons...but I’m looking forward to the last year of big, juicy discussions...

How about y’all?  How goes the planning?

Coming back to add, I realize that he is without a foreign language next year.  He’s cried ‘Uncle’ after Latin III.  He accepts the consequences...I can’t wait to say “I told you so”...

Coming back again...still thinking...PE is covered with cross-country and track...perhaps I should make him choose either AP Government OR AP economics??

Edited by Hadley
  • Like 4

No, I haven't seen a senior year planning thread.  I didn't start one bc I just can't get the planning together for this one.  This is my second time through.I'm finding it hard to figure out as we will try some new things and she has opinions and I want to be more responsive to her. 

What is a sure thing:

AP English lit with Lili Serbiki

French 4 with Sally Barstow

Calculus --probably using Math u see

PE--because it's required

Interior Design--1/2 credit because she really wants to do it. 

She needs Government and Economics.  She wants to do Sociology and Anthropology. My current thought is first semester do Gov't with a Clep test and a dual enrollment Sociology (Cedarville maybe?).  Second semester she'll do Econ DE (Cedarville?) and maybe Anthropology DE.

I feel like i'm forgetting something.  I know she has no science, which makes me slightly nervous, but I know it's fine.  She's very bright, high SAT scores, but we are going the smaller college/merit aid route that worked for her  brother and she has no interest in taking science just to play a game.  I think she'd like to do some other classes like film script writing, but if she takes DE classes she may be able to cut a semester off her degree, which would be financially a good idea and she wants to take the social science classes.....  AHH!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, freesia said:

Interior Design--1/2 credit because she really wants to do it

This sounds so fun!!  Interior design is a huge hobby of mine.  May I ask what you had in mind for this?  A curriculum or text?  More project-based?

• Like 1

Looks like a very full load for next year with a total of 8 credits (unless the AP Gov't and AP or DE Econ are each only counted as 0.5 credits...)

1 credit = English IV (Roman Roads Fitting Words + must-reads)
1 credit = Math: Diff. Eq. (DE - fall)
1 credit = Math (DE - spring)
1 credit = Science: AP Physics (PAH)
1 credit = Social Studies: AP US Government (PAH)
1 credit = Social Studies: Economics (AP online or DE?)
1 credit = Fine Arts (History of Western Music + piano)
1 credit = Computer Science (?) -- any suggestions?
8 credits = total

+ either Elective: PE credit or extracurricular = cross-country & track

5 hours ago, Hadley said:

...  I realize that he is without a foreign language next year.  He’s cried ‘Uncle’ after Latin III.  He accepts the consequences...I can’t wait to say “I told you so”...

3 credits of Foreign Language is great and it will get him admitted to most colleges. Some colleges do require 4 credits of For. Lang., but even those schools are likely to work with DS when there are so many rigorous and advanced courses on the transcript, and if he has high test scores -- I wouldn't sweat it. 😉 

...  perhaps I should make him choose either AP Government OR AP economics??

{whispering} -- If neither are of high interest to him, why not just bang out regular 0.5 credit of each Gov't and Econ -- don't feel you need to go AP with EVERYTHING.

Economics
A 0.5 credit could be done easily at home, together watching/discussing the Thinking Company: Great Courses: Economics (Timothy Taylor series). And, it covers both macro- and micro- economics.

Government
What about earning a good portion of the Gov't 0.5 credit through involvement with a model legislative or judicial program -- which also makes a great extracurricular!
YMCA Youth & Gov't -- model legislative program, culminating in a 3-day mock legislative session at the capital
Teen Pact -- Christian legislative and capital visit
Model United Nations -- model U.N. assembly program
Mock Trial -- model judicial program

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 3

Thanks so much, Lori D., for taking the time to parse that all out!

In spite of the fact that he has some out-of-the box experiences and has worked as a computer programmer, this kid is dead-set on playing the AP game and taking a shot at some selective schools, but you are right. The good news is that further computer science credits seem to be off the table.  He has taken all that he can until he goes to college!

I do think that he should choose either AP government or AP economics.  Thank you for reminding me about other sources of government experience.  I totally forgot the summers he has spent with Generation Joshua camps!  That might tip the balance and help me talk him into taking economics and not government.

Thanks again!  You are always so generous with your advice and time on this board.  It’s not unnoticed!

• Like 3

Computer Science:  He has taken AP Comp Science, and plans to take the following course dual enrollment this summer.  Any suggestions on what he could do for computers next year?  He has already collected a couple of professional certifications...not sure what he is planning.

Just regarding computer science classes beyond AP Computer Science A, my son took that AP exam at the end of 11th grade, and it was at that point that he decided he wanted to change to applying to college in computer science instead of chemistry as he had previously thought. 

This year, his senior year, he continued his DE coursework in computer science (junior year he took the "Intro to Computer Science - CSC 200" course that was the prerequisite for further CS coursework). Our cc offered two additional classes called Computer Science I - CSC 201 and Computer Science II - CSC 202. Those classes fully cover most of introductory college-level CS material (data structures, etc.) It sounds like your cc only has a single CS course since he won't be doing further DE credit in CS? That's really too bad (and surprisingly few!).

Another thing that we've done this year in addition to completing the DE comp. sci. sequence is to create an independent studies class in Machine Learning. My son got really into topics in ML and is completing a Coursera specialization online in that subject. The specialization includes certificates for 4 or 5 different classes taught by a Stanford adjunct professor, and they feature lectures, quizzes, and coding projects. 

If your child really likes computer science and is in any way thinking of applying for CS for college application purposes, I would definitely recommend continuing CS coursework with some sort of projects/self study course. Many colleges we applied to had a way for us to specify the certificates he'd earned for completed online coursera/edX stuff. CS is crazy cutthroat competitive, and as a homeschooler you can show more CS on the transcript that regular high schoolers who can often only do AP Computer Science A and maybe one other class because their school doesn't offer more. 

Just some thoughts for CS if you want to continue with it!

• Like 5

Our last year too! I'm going to miss high school.

Dd will mostly be dual enrolling next year to finish up her AA:

Calc 3

Either environmental or historical geology, depending on honors college listings

Federal government (in the fall during the election, honors if they offer it)

TX government honors

Microeconomics (honors if offered)

Macroeconomics

Literature DE class of her choice

Professional communications

Phys Ed (1 credit required class)

She needs two more classes at MPOA for her diploma. They have to fit around her college schedule so we'll pick them after we've registered for DE. She'd like Greek Drama and AP Latin, but we'll see. She'll continue with Homeschool Spanish Academy but it will just be conversation practice.

We'll hopefully be able to get her applications in before school starts so that won't be hanging over her head. 

Edited by chiguirre
  • Like 5

Hard to believe DD graduates at the end of next year. She will be age eligible to do DE at a wider range of schools next Spring, and we won’t know for sure what DE classes will be offered at her current school for fall until later this semester. She'll be entering full time college  with about 70 DE credits. I suspect she'll add to this for any classes that are particularly interesting to her. 

Science-Herpetology upper division/graduate field course (summer), probably some interesting DE class (one of the colleges has a good Invertebrate zoology class, another has a seismology that looks interesting)

Math-finish the calculus sequence for bio majors (DE)

English-some interesting lit class (DE)

Spanish-Continue with HSA to keep conversational  Skills up (has college credits completed) 

Social Studies/History-we’ll see what is offered. She has a huge number of credits, so doesn’t need anything, but there are several possible classes of interest

Possibly an Educstion class or two since she is considering adding a teaching license to her degrees and likes teaching. 

Piano/Theory

Teach Herpetology and a new class at Athena’s, run local homeschool science club. 

Teen music ensemble

Driver's Ed/practice (eligible for license in November, so I want her to get as much practice as she can before going away the following fall)

And, of course, college applications, etc. 

Edited by dmmetler
  • Like 7

I've started planning a bit but have more to flesh out. It's hard to believe ds will be a senior and homeschooling will be coming to an end!

Here's what I know thus far:

Co-Op Classes:  Chemistry (I'll teach); Speech (1/2 credit)

Dual Enrollment Classes: 1st semester: Composition and Rhetoric and College Algebra; 2nd semester: Intro to Statistics 

Home: US History (first semester only) and World History (this is being spread over two years)

He will look at 2-3 more dual enrollment classes for 2nd semester. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, UmmIbrahim said:

Just regarding computer science classes beyond AP Computer Science A, my son took that AP exam at the end of 11th grade, and it was at that point that he decided he wanted to change to applying to college in computer science instead of chemistry as he had previously thought. 

This year, his senior year, he continued his DE coursework in computer science (junior year he took the "Intro to Computer Science - CSC 200" course that was the prerequisite for further CS coursework). Our cc offered two additional classes called Computer Science I - CSC 201 and Computer Science II - CSC 202. Those classes fully cover most of introductory college-level CS material (data structures, etc.) It sounds like your cc only has a single CS course since he won't be doing further DE credit in CS? That's really too bad (and surprisingly few!).

Another thing that we've done this year in addition to completing the DE comp. sci. sequence is to create an independent studies class in Machine Learning. My son got really into topics in ML and is completing a Coursera specialization online in that subject. The specialization includes certificates for 4 or 5 different classes taught by a Stanford adjunct professor, and they feature lectures, quizzes, and coding projects. 

If your child really likes computer science and is in any way thinking of applying for CS for college application purposes, I would definitely recommend continuing CS coursework with some sort of projects/self study course. Many colleges we applied to had a way for us to specify the certificates he'd earned for completed online coursera/edX stuff. CS is crazy cutthroat competitive, and as a homeschooler you can show more CS on the transcript that regular high schoolers who can often only do AP Computer Science A and maybe one other class because their school doesn't offer more. 

Just some thoughts for CS if you want to continue with it!

Sorry to quote that whole bit, but I really appreciate the advice!  He will be taking Computer Science II this summer, which is why he will be out of options in the fall. He has some Oracle certifications as well.  I’m not sure if there are any more that he’s interested in chasing down.

This will be his second summer to do a paid internship in computer programming.  I hear you on the crazy competitiveness of computer science!!!  He actually prefers math.  He has told me that he wished he could do theoretical math all day and never have to apply it to anything 🤪.  Crazy kid.

I will ask him about machine learning.  Thanks for mentioning it!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hadley said:

Sorry to quote that whole bit, but I really appreciate the advice!  He will be taking Computer Science II this summer, which is why he will be out of options in the fall. He has some Oracle certifications as well.  I’m not sure if there are any more that he’s interested in chasing down.

This will be his second summer to do a paid internship in computer programming.  I hear you on the crazy competitiveness of computer science!!!  He actually prefers math.  He has told me that he wished he could do theoretical math all day and never have to apply it to anything 🤪.  Crazy kid.

My kids haven't taken AP CS, so I'm not sure what it covers, but they have self-studied python, Java, and C++.  If he wants to learn a specific language, he can always just self-study the language.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 8FillTheHeart said:

My kids haven't taken AP CS, so I'm not sure what it covers, but they have self-studied python, Java, and C++.  If he wants to learn a specific language, he can always just self-study the language.

That’s what he did.  He has Oracle certifications in Java and C++.

I am definitely in the camp that believes that self-study teaches kids more than they can learn in classes!

Edited by Hadley
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Hadley said:

This sounds so fun!!  Interior design is a huge hobby of mine.  May I ask what you had in mind for this?  A curriculum or text?  More project-based?

I haven't planned it out yet.  I did buy a high school text book to plan around.  I also found this blog with a plan: https://www.theunlikelyhomeschool.com/2018/10/interior-design.html

I'm hoping to ask a friend who is an interior designer if I can pay her to give feedback on a couple of projects. 

Part of me is excited, part of me is nervous about planning this out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hadley said:

I will ask him about machine learning.  Thanks for mentioning it!

Since he's into math, ML may be right up his alley. Lots of complex calculus comes up in the course of working through gradient descent and other topics. My DS had to get a crash course in partial differential equations as well as linear algebra to complete some of the coding assignments. Definitely look into ML and AI projects for a math-heavy coding experience.

Another great resource is kaggle.com. They have lots of coding competitions/projects where kids can learn or compete. Things with natural language processing, image classification, etc. You could easily design a homeschool CS class just from cool kaggle projects!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UmmIbrahim said:

Since he's into math, ML may be right up his alley. Lots of complex calculus comes up in the course of working through gradient descent and other topics. My DS had to get a crash course in partial differential equations as well as linear algebra to complete some of the coding assignments. Definitely look into ML and AI projects for a math-heavy coding experience.

Another great resource is kaggle.com. They have lots of coding competitions/projects where kids can learn or compete. Things with natural language processing, image classification, etc. You could easily design a homeschool CS class just from cool kaggle projects!

Thanks for this!  I’ll have him look into it!

40 minutes ago, questionlover96 said:

My stepdaughter will turn 18 this summer as well. Next year will be her final year of formal education. I still cannot believe it. She is a college student. We are exploring employment options for her, she is studying L2 childcare at a local community college. I have a question, how do you find work for your soon to be adult? 

I’m not sure I understand your question.  Will she be a senior next year or does she graduate this year?  Also, what is L2 childcare?  I would have her speak with her college counselor about where to find job placement help.  Most campuses have a wealth of resources, and teachers are always needed.

• Like 1

Hard to believe my oldest will be a senior next year 😭 We're still working on the details, but here's the plan so far:

Math: Saxon Advanced Math

English: Lantern English 12th Grade...Not 100% sure on this yet, she'll be taking a short writing class from Lantern English soon to see if she likes the format

Social Studies: Guest Hollow Geography

Science: Clover Valley Chemistry

Electives: Personal Finance...probably the Dave Ramsey High School Curriculum, one semester of Anatomy & Physiology (probably on Outschool), one semester of Ecology, maybe a semester of shop class with Dad, and possibly some of the Veterinary Science classes that are available on Outschool.  

She's leaning towards getting her Vet Tech certification, and to apply for the program she needs to volunteer with a Vet for at least 40 hours, so we'll try to get that knocked out over the summer so we don't have to worry about it during the school year.  She also was chosen as a BC 4-H Ambassador, which will involve extra activities and travel in addition to her normal 4-H activities.

Last year for making a homeschool plan here too!  I really cannot believe it.  This is what we have so far:

Math (1-2 credits): Calculus I and II (DE) or Derek Owens Calculus or homegrown Calculus or or or......

Physics (1 credit): Clover Creek or Derek Owens

History (1 credit)US History (homegrown or online....need suggestions!!!!) 

Government (1 credit): US Government (DE)

English (1 credit): Public Speaking or Creative Writing (DE)

Elective (1-2 credits): Watercolor Painting, Self Defense, Music Theory, and/or Jazz Improv (all DE)

A lot of our decisions are hinging on how dd feels at the end of her DE pre-calc class this semester.  If she does well and feels good, she will take DE Calc I and II which means doing less electives.  There is even a possibility she might take a consumer math or high school level stats class.  I wish she had a better idea of her future study plans but they are currently all over the place so it is hard to decide the math vs. freedom balance.  And the English and elective choices are partially dependent on course availability and schedule.

If anyone has suggestions for a home or online US History class/spine, I am all ears.  We need to check this box but dd is not super invested so I need something engaging but not time consuming.

• Like 2

I've been avoiding this planning, but it has started to creep up on me. Everything's tentative, but...

Science: Online DE summer class (Intro to Meterology & Climatology) 

Math: Finish Alg 2. Hopefully by December. If so, College Algebra DE. If not, finish it in spring & do some statistics until the graduation

English: Either Comp II DE in Spring or .... Reading & writing across the curriculum

Government: 1 semester class w/me teaching a small local group, probably prepping for the CLEP exam

Fall semester electives: Human Growth & Development DE class, Nutrition & Health DE class

If the schedule works, take 1-3 classes DE in the spring (maybe the Comp II class & College Algebra)?

Continue with whatever craziness she has going on in her life next year. She's my uber-involved kid so I just hang on for the ride.

This is my second kid that I wanted to do a semester-long modern world history course with & it likely won't happen. Again. Three kids to go...

On 2/20/2020 at 9:20 AM, skimomma said:

Physics (1 credit): Clover Creek or Derek Owens.

Well, if you planned on Clover Creek, I hope you got in. I checked it a couple times this morning (registration hadn't opened yet) & then again tonight and realized it is full already. Good thing we're doing biology next year...

On 2/20/2020 at 10:20 AM, skimomma said:

If anyone has suggestions for a home or online US History class/spine, I am all ears.  We need to check this box but dd is not super invested so I need something engaging but not time consuming.

We're going to use American Odyssey: https://www.amazon.com/American-Odyssey-Zeitz-Holdren-keller/dp/160153034X/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2DLEBBKU6ELAC&keywords=american+odyssey&qid=1582808111&s=books&sprefix=american+Odys%2Cstripbooks%2C220&sr=1-1

We are also adding a few primary source things and writing a couple of papers. The Human Odyssey books 1-3 were are all-time homeschool favorites, so we're excited about the American book even though she's a kid who not.at.all into doing American history next year. She's a fan of world history, though.

Edited by MamaSprout
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, RootAnn said:

Well, if you planned on Clover Creek, I hope you got in. I checked it a couple times this morning (registration hadn't opened yet) & then again tonight and realized it is full already. Good thing we're doing biology next year...

I did!  Phew.  But that was why I had DO as an option as we would have gone there if necessary.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MamaSprout said:

We're going to use American Odyssey: https://www.amazon.com/American-Odyssey-Zeitz-Holdren-keller/dp/160153034X/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2DLEBBKU6ELAC&keywords=american+odyssey&qid=1582808111&s=books&sprefix=american+Odys%2Cstripbooks%2C220&sr=1-1

We are also adding a few primary source things and writing a couple of papers. The Human Odyssey books 1-3 were are all-time homeschool favorites, so we're excited about the American book even though she's a kid who not.at.all into doing American history next year. She's a fan of world history, though.

We used this for our 8th grade pass through US History.  I still have it, I think.  That is an option.

48 minutes ago, skimomma said:

We used this for our 8th grade pass through US History.  I still have it, I think.  That is an option.

I'm not sure I would do a full-on US History course again if you used this in 8th grade. K12 considers it an 11th grade book. Maybe just do "Advanced Topics in US History" or something your dd might be interested in digging into. We ran into this with World History. After covering it so thoroughly in middle school, we ended up just focusing on contemporary world history topics and biographies for high school credit. Dd would have fought me on another survey course.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 8:44 PM, RootAnn said:

Ugh, I've been checking it every day and then today I was busy all day and came in and saw this 😞 I had planned to sign my rising 8th grader up. Luckily we came up with a good back up plan.

• 5 months later...

I am planning the last year for my last kid too. We had to quit our homeschool PSP because of dh's unemployment (no $ for fees), but luckily I have my own copy of the transcript. And we don't know where we will be (because of the job search and timing and ???) but luckily she's ready for the community college and it's all online, at least this semester. DD only needs 1 semester of government to graduate. She'll be taking English 1A, Cultural Anthropology, and Political Science (for the government credit) all online through the community college. That's her credit limit and it was signed off through our PSP before we left. She's been a trooper as her summer job (assisting at art day camps) and her camp plans AND most of her other summer plans have been cancelled due to virus. I don't know if we'll graduate her at the end of first semester or keep her dual enrolled for the spring; that completely depends on dh's work situation (and mine, I've been freelance proposal writing but it's not consistent enough to count on). I'd love for her to take some more art classes or graphic design. She's done some great murals and small commissions of paintings from photos and even painting the body of a guitar. Very talented, but has learned from her older sister's struggles that a fine arts degree does not a decent job make so she's trying to be more practical and entrepreneurial.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Laurel-in-CA said:

I am planning the last year for my last kid too. We had to quit our homeschool PSP because of dh's unemployment (no $ for fees), but luckily I have my own copy of the transcript. And we don't know where we will be (because of the job search and timing and ???) but luckily she's ready for the community college and it's all online, at least this semester. DD only needs 1 semester of government to graduate. She'll be taking English 1A, Cultural Anthropology, and Political Science (for the government credit) all online through the community college. That's her credit limit and it was signed off through our PSP before we left. She's been a trooper as her summer job (assisting at art day camps) and her camp plans AND most of her other summer plans have been cancelled due to virus. I don't know if we'll graduate her at the end of first semester or keep her dual enrolled for the spring; that completely depends on dh's work situation (and mine, I've been freelance proposal writing but it's not consistent enough to count on). I'd love for her to take some more art classes or graphic design. She's done some great murals and small commissions of paintings from photos and even painting the body of a guitar. Very talented, but has learned from her older sister's struggles that a fine arts degree does not a decent job make so she's trying to be more practical and entrepreneurial.

Gosh, Laurel, I can hardly believe she's a senior this year! I still remember some of your posts from the original WTM board format/platform when she was an active toddler climbing up the cabinets and onto counters while you where trying to homeschool the older DC! 😄 

So wonderful that she has some great options for the future. 😄 And congrats on surviving the cabinet-climbing days, and on getting ready to launch the last chick! Warmest regards, Lori

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lori D. said:

Gosh, Laurel, I can hardly believe she's a senior this year! I still remember some of your posts from the original WTM board format/platform when she was an active toddler climbing up the cabinets and onto counters while you where trying to homeschool the older DC! 😄 

So wonderful that she has some great options for the future. 😄 And congrats on surviving the cabinet-climbing days, and on getting ready to launch the last chick! Warmest regards, Lori

Thanks so much! Our "bonus package" is quite the mature young lady and ready for her next step....if only it would all just go to plan!

As I am sending out my resume I am seeing how out of date my skills are and wondering how I can (inexpensively) upgrade them. I've been looking up lots of technical jargon online -- UX-UI, B2B vs B2C and tons of new software and documentation terms. I think I may have to pay for a proposals seminar so I can have something more recent, but that won't solve the immediate unemployment situation. Restart is tough. I wish I could stay semi-retired! But I can hardly sit on my hands when dh has been working so hard at job hunting...he was laid off just as the shutdown happened so it's been a *really* slow process. And my oldest moved back in with us. She and I are both high risk.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Laurel-in-CA said:

Thanks so much! Our "bonus package" is quite the mature young lady and ready for her next step....if only it would all just go to plan!

As I am sending out my resume I am seeing how out of date my skills are and wondering how I can (inexpensively) upgrade them. I've been looking up lots of technical jargon online -- UX-UI, B2B vs B2C and tons of new software and documentation terms. I think I may have to pay for a proposals seminar so I can have something more recent, but that won't solve the immediate unemployment situation. Restart is tough. I wish I could stay semi-retired! But I can hardly sit on my hands when dh has been working so hard at job hunting...he was laid off just as the shutdown happened so it's been a *really* slow process. And my oldest moved back in with us. She and I are both high risk.

"Liking" for your future plans, but "sad face" that you guys have had a rough go of it job-wise! Hoping that once this pandemic is done you'll all sail into smooth waters! Warmest regards, Lori D.

• Like 1

My oldest is a Senior this year and plans to do all Dual Enrollment.  With Covid,  we cant seem to come up with a solid plan.  School starts in 2 weeks, I've got to sign up soon!

Current Plan 

English 2 on campus  (or Philosophy)

MicroEcon probably online?

Accounting 1 on campus (but maybe online?)

Statistics online

Possibly Business Management online?

If everything goes online, she will do Philosophy, English, Accounting, Econ, and Stats.  If they have on campus classes, Philosophy and English are offered only at one time, so she has to pick one and probably add the Management class.  As of right now the location for every class has changed to TBA.  Originally she was going to do 3 on campus,  but with masking and having to eat and drink, shes thinking maybe just 1 or 2 classes and do the Econ online instead of in class.  That would allow her to not need to eat or drink while there and give her a mask break.  I'm pretty sure whatever we do pick wont actually end up being the way it is- I'm thinking 4-6 weeks before classes just move online.