Menu

Who’s going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Oh, I'm sorry, Margaret!  I hope it goes well!

On the docket here:
-school
-tutoring
-set up violin assessment for youngest
-laundry (forgot to do hockey underwear yesterday because they were still in his bag)
-take kid to hockey
-hibernate.  18 degrees right now and not warming up much.  Even the rink is warmer than this.

Dinner gets to be leftovers, lunch is not going to be micromanaged.

Edited by HomeAgain
  • Like 7

Brrrrr!  Not looking forward to being out in the arctic blast today! Thankful that at least it's sunny!

Spent all day yesterday at dd's tutorial, made dinner and then went to bed. I've caught a cold from ds and feel crummy. No escaping from life today though.

School

Pick up milk

AHG things - mostly prep for tomorrow's badge ceremony.

Lesson prep for church tonight

Online class for me

Piano lessons  

Church  

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 7

Good morning!

Thinking of you, Margaret! Hope it is over and done with early so you can relax the rest of the day.

Scout, hope you feel better soon!

• office work - it's that dreaded time of year when I have to go over our health insurance renewal - ugh.ugh.ugh.
  • buy some weatherstripping stuff to go around doors
  • remind dh that we need to replace the window that got cracked during remodeling
  • place an Amazon order
  • order a few Christmas presents from Grounds & Hounds
  • do a little fence repair
  • Weds. afternoon coffee date with dh
  • water plants & tend to baby cabbage sprouts
  • keep an eye on Goatcam - no babies yet!
  • dinner: creamy mushroom & wild rice soup
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The offensive lineman tackled me right as I woke up this morning, with his annoying mosquito buzz of where I am failing.
Swatted him away forthwith since there was nothing I could do about that particular thing right that moment! Ugh. Hate waking up like that!

Today:

*make gluten-free double chocolate muffins X
*take dd to her event this morning X
*do some writing (might complete this novel yet!)
*business meeting this afternoon
*most likely taking ds to youth group tonight, unless dh gets home in time to do so. X (I can check it off because dh said he'll do it!)

Edited by scrapbookbuzz
checking things off the list!
  • Like 8

I am praying for you, Margaret.

• Morning meds, Breakfast, coffee, 
  • figure out my life  ( that means figure out how to manage getting better when my rheumatologist told me I am living with just my nose above water, not even threading water and that really is the truth.   And I am so tired)  And I have to do it quickly since it is benefit choosing time.
  • Hunt down elusive, incompetent neurologist special scheduler (which probably means getting out in this frigid cold)  
  • get an ice scraper
  • call doctors, coumadin clinic, dentist, check lab results, 
  • call all sorts of service people  (do tomorrow maybe if talk to dh who is away)
  • pay lawn man
  • take midday meds
  • RELAX
  • go to Wed night poker/apocrypha/Bible study group
  • dinner at home 
  • call my dh who is on a trip until late Friday night 
Edited by TravelingChris
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, scrapbookbuzz said:

The offensive lineman tackled me right as I woke up this morning, with his annoying mosquito buzz of where I am failing.
Swatted him away forthwith since there was nothing I could do about that particular thing right that moment! Ugh. Hate waking up like that!

I'm not sure if you actually dreamt that you were being tackled on a football field, or this is figurative speech. Either way, hope you are feeling better now.

My dream was another episode of me forgetting my baby somewhere. Last night it was at a swimming pool. I haven't had a baby for 13 years, and there isn't one on the way, either. This dream was actually more frightening than my dream last week of getting kicked in the head. What is my brain doing to me? 😰  I'm just hoping that it's trying really hard to fix itself.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Good morning! Good luck Margaret, I hope everything goes well.

Today is signing day! Dd2 is sick, but she has to power through anyway.

• coffee/paper
  • send sick kid to school- As dd1 says, you gotta learn to do things anyway- no sick days in D1
  • ds3 up and working
  • pick up flowers and cupcakes
  • pick up house since my mother will be coming over
  • double check the paperwork with dh
  • over to school
  • ds3 to tennis after
  • home- hopefully everyone will leave quickly
  • stir fry for dinner- late after practices

Have a great day!

• Like 7

dd2 was a witness to a multicar accident on the way to school. I popped out to the scene and waited for her- but she decided she had too hard a time keeping the cars straight, so she declined to make a statement. She didn't want to be wrong. 

All the life experiences that come to us.

Back to the regularly scheduled programming.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, MysteryJen said:

dd2 was a witness to a multicar accident on the way to school. I popped out to the scene and waited for her- but she decided she had too hard a time keeping the cars straight, so she declined to make a statement. She didn't want to be wrong. 

All the life experiences that come to us.

Back to the regularly scheduled programming.

Poor thing. That is pretty traumatic for her. And I hope that there were no serious injuries or fatalities in the collision. 

If she changes her mind about being a witness, she may want to contact the police and make sure they have a witness. My son was just victim to a random, violent attack by a stranger on a public bus, and there was only 1 very kind young lady who was willing to be a witness. She is so important to us for ensuring that the perpetrator will be charged. 

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

Oh wintermom, I am so sorry about your son. 

She was pretty rattled, but fortunately no one seemed seriously injured. It happened right in front of her and she avoided rear ending the car in front of her.

I will tell her what you said, it is hard to recover yourself and know what to do in the immediate situation. 

• Like 5

• Clean the kitchen (b/c I can't be bothered to do it at night. Ssshhh.  Don't judge.)
  • Tidy up the rest of the house.
  • Kids' school
  • DD's therapy appt - she comes to our home so I'll hide out in my bedroom and read.
  • Meal planning
  • Go grocery shopping 😞
  • Take older DD to ballet
  • I really, really need to deal with some medical bills.  Ugh!!!!  Turns out ignoring them doesn't make them disappear. 

• Like 6

Wow, Wintermom, I'm so sorry about your ds!

Margaret, praying all goes well and you feel better today. 

shinyhappypeople, I won't judge because I'm just as guilty! 

It seems like forever since I've been on here. It's just been a busy couple of weeks. I am sore today because I met with a personal trainer yesterday for a fitness assessment. I am mostly sore in my upper arms and chest, and I'm having a slightly sore feeling in my upper right abdomen. I did some crunches as part of it, so I'm praying I didn't twist something and it's just strained muscles. 

Ds was behind in math, so we've been doing that this morning. He's got to play catch up on biology and history, too, because last week was crazy and put him behind. 

So school and church tonight are really all that's on the agenda. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MysteryJen said:

Oh wintermom, I am so sorry about your son. 

She was pretty rattled, but fortunately no one seemed seriously injured. It happened right in front of her and she avoided rear ending the car in front of her.

I will tell her what you said, it is hard to recover yourself and know what to do in the immediate situation. 

My 17 yo ds was on his way home from a university course at 1:30 pm, and was kicked in the head twice by a 32 year old man. Completely unprovoked attack. It was horrible. Ds sustained a concussion, head injury, sore jaw and neck. And then there's all the emotional trauma to deal with, which is very different than a typical sport-related concussion. Luckily we have lots of support from medical and mental health professionals, as well as family and friends. We are very blessed.

• Sad 6

Howdy, happy Wednesday!

I have one conference call, after which I hope I can just focus on cranking stuff out.

Done:

• Started out early as the kids needed to go to school and finish a project.  And I needed to ream them out for finishing it late ....
  • Took out the garbage.
  • Slipped on the ice and fell on my hip while getting the mail.
  • Found some old rock salt and spread it around on the driveway.  Used it all up.
  • Retrieved some boxes/transparent bags that can be used for the OCC packing party.
  • Somehow spilled my coffee on the floor and on my clothes while trying not to drop said packages.
  • Washed that part of the floor & washed a load of clothes.
  • Cleaned the rest of the kitchen.
  • Processed a load of dried clothes.
  • Emailed again about a KiwiCo duplicate charge.
  • Emailed some work stuff, checked the work calendar, did some filing.
  • Populated my personal calendar with cheer schedule.
  • Probably some other stuff.

To do:

• Work work work.
  • Finish the laundry (the load in the washer).
  • A little reading, stretching, etc.
  • Kid2 has horse riding.
  • Kid1 has math tutoring, cheer, and trumpet lesson.
  • Kids' homework and test study.  They have at least 2 tests tomorrow.
  • Kids need to get some stuff done and emailed for AHG.  Should probably do some shopping among other things.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 6