Menu

I brought home kitten #11 tonight

MaBelle

We were at family's house for a cookout and there was a precious calico kitten out in the yard.  When I asked about it I didn't like the answer (the "special" kitten was kept inside but apparently this little one was not good enough) so I picked it up and sent dh home with it immediately.  She is now firmly ensconced in our catio with the waif I found a week ago. 

So, another vet visit and I need a name.  The other little one's name is Smudge, and we have two other calicos named Sally and Sissy.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

OH MAN!  My grandparents had a Westie named Skoshi, it was the only animal I’d ever heard of with that name. They had been stationed in Japan for awhile while grandpa was serving, and that’s where they picked it up.  It’s definitely unusual but I have such fond attachment to that name.  Unique for sure!

Sukoshi would be the transliteration of the Japanese spelling; does sound like Skoshi though.

Edited by maize
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 7:45 AM, maize said:

Sukoshi would be the transliteration of the Japanese spelling; does sound like Skoshi though.

I actually don't know how my sister spelled it; I was guessing!! I think she and a roommate named the cat together, and then my sister ended up keeping the cat when the roommate moved away. It's not a name that our family knew of, so I think it must have been the roommate's idea. She was an all black kitty.