Menu

Who's going to tackle Tuesday with me?

Coffee / Devotions
Reschedule clinic  - they called yesterday to move it up to tomorrow (groan but less time to get anxious)
Make a menu for the week
Get fly swatters/strips & detergent at the store this AM
School
Clean up a little or direct it to be done

• Like 8

Good morning!  Was looking forward to a do nothing sort of day but then realized I have a lot of little things that need to be taken care of.  I'm not good with getting the small stuff done.

-coffee
-take out trash (why with 2 men and a boy in the house am I doing this??)
-workout (cardio blasts)
-clean up kitchen
-call vet to schedule rabies vaccine for Scooby
-laundry (sheets, towels, kitchen dishtowels)
-return library book that was due yesterday
-pick up drycleaning for DH

-call school about the fact they charged us for two kids when only one is going - NOPE school closed this week, sending email instead and will call next week
-email electrician
-do some batch cooking for DS18

-go to Hobby Lobby looking for bunting for our porch for July 4th (and hope store still has them and isn't full of Christmas stuff already...)
-help DS18 with his outdoor garden chores - nope.  DS18 has decided he is "too tired" to do these.  DH will not be happy
-dinner (I have a ton of eggs and bacon so maybe a Whole30 quiche)
-binge watch 24 with the family

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 7

Morning all!

Now that I've finished *last year's* school paper work (just waiting for portfolio evaluator to look things over and sign off), I have to focus on *next year's* planning. 

Sigh.

Onward and upward. 😉

• coffee
  • start laundry
  • morning dishes and tidy
  • hang laundry
  • bathrooms need a wipe down/scrub down
  • little bit of school planning
  • lunch and clean up
  • take one of the kids to piano lesson
  • more school bits
  • begin supper (either taco casserole or homemade pizza)
  • supper and clean up
  • DH wants to watch a movie tonight, if we can convince the younger ones to actually go to sleep soon enough.
Edited by Zoo Keeper
  • Like 7

Good morning!

• school w/dd
  • office work (remember to pay Amex bill)
  • pick up fallen branches in lower pasture
  • restock beverages in fridge (my boys have been working long days outside in this heat, and have been going through so much water)
  • write check for hay guy
  • unpack Chewy boxes
  • wipe down kitchen cabinets
  • bathe horses
  • vacuum main floor and upstairs hall
  • dinner: ?? I had a couple recipes in mind, but am out of key ingredients & am too lazy to go to the store. Will have to figure something else out.

• Like 6

Good morning! Busy day here. Last night ended with pure irritation at husband and one son. Now they are off playing tennis.

dd2 has PT and then I have to pick up ds3, get him some lunch and he has a sports physical.

• coffee/paper
  • laundry
  • a few chores
  • PT
  • home to clean up/chores
  • pick up ds3
  • lunch
  • sports physical for ds3
  • home- bathrooms?
  • judo

Have a great day!

• Like 6

Ok, we are all exhausted.  We may make a small trip to the storage unit today to find some essentials, but otherwise, we have some shopping to do and we need a day to just relax a bit.

1. Drug store for some eczema cream, shampoo, small stuff.

2. Put away all the stuff in the LR that we unloaded from boxes

3. Put away boxes into the attic

4. Thrift store for some things for the house

5. Craigslist/Marketplace/FB sales for a few furniture items we need, trying to find used first.

• Like 6

Howdy.  Just a quick touch base as I am supposed to go to the dentist in about a minute.

I have to figure out my priorities for this week and next.  I have lots of work, conference calls, trainings ... a road trip from tomorrow through Sunday ... and the kids are mostly unscheduled / hanging around here.  It is so easy for me to get distracted from my work, especially with the kids around.

Today we have:

• Kid 2 is at horse riding.
  • Cleaned the kitchen, bathroom....
  • Wake kid 1.
  • My dentist appointment.
  • Figure out & pay whatever I owe the horse people for the summer.
  • Kids to youth group to build VBS float followed by a fun outing.
  • Work work work.
  • Pay other bills.
  • Kid 1 might want to go swimming.
  • Kid 1 owes me some yard work.
  • Kids' work - grammar, God and Church, math, geography/history, whatever else gets done.
  • Whatever I'm forgetting.
  • Like 7

Lots to do:

cut grass. Ugh. It’s so hot.

phone calls—pharmacy, tae kwon do place 

email—my drama kids and the guy at the facility we use. Time to get started planning this stuff.

Laundry-as if it wasn’t bad enough that I got behind on laundry because dd14 came from camp last week, my dh volunteered me to wash the foot washing towels from Sunday night. Do laundry is top of the list.

local errands—oil change in the truck, bank, pharmacy

errands in town 20 minutes away—library, Lowe’s, ukulele lessons

i made a list of naughty kid chores so I can be ready wrhen the pestering and bickering starts 

• Like 7

Dropped ds at the pool.

Running errands now. Errandy sort of day. 

Car title and registration switched over.

Need to go by the bank, Whole Foods, Publix, CVS and the library.

And get the CSA box.  

Dinner is zucchini boats. Doneo

Hang out with friends tonight during ds' pool party. 😎

AHG stuff when I get a few minutes at home on the computer?

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

Hi again.

Well, I got sucked into Invisalign.  It will take about a year.  I do think I need to fix my teeth, and might as well do it now when I still can.

Made dental appointments for my eldest for next week.

About to take my kids to their volunteer gig.

Might try to get a chiro appointment if they have space for me today.

• Like 7

dd2 is off crutches! Cleared for very limited swim workout! And has a ton of new exercises to do. Training up to the surgery definitely paid off for core strength and muscle memory.

She is as happy as she has been in months. It is going to be a tough road back to full strength, but she is on the way. 

• Like 6

Good morning.  Dh is off work today (and underfoot) before starting 11 1/2 hour shifts tomorrow (don't ask me why it isn't an even number)

human care is done except for putting on my day clothes because dh is sleeping in and I don't want to wake him.  I also can't make the bed yet.

pet care is done

medical care is done

morning exercises are done

last night I picked out a recipe for tonight's dinner:  tin-foil sausage and veggie packets.

read a Katy Bowman blog post

researched a new med I am taking and I might stop taking it.  There is a warning not to take it with another drug I am taking.  This med is just a trial thing so not a big deal for me to decide whether to take it or not.  I kinda wish that the doctor had addressed this though.  My list of meds are long and he might have not noticed this particular drug on the list. . .

• Like 5

Dh got up:  so bed made, I got dressed.  Then after his breakfast we went to Starbucks for a cheap date.  The new Guava Iced White Tea is excellent.  I get mine with no sweetener because the guava itself is quite sweet.

rebooted dishwasher

Juliet tore up paper towels while we were gone so she went into time-out in her crate.  I don't think she really knew why she was there though it gave me space to clean up after her. 

Now I am in that weird space where I am not quite sure what to do next.  So I picked something and went for it:

went through a box of papers looking for camp stuff that I have misplaced.  Found a couple of important papers that I need.  Didn't find camp stuff but that triggered a need to shred some old papers and get rid of them.  So I shredded.  And emptied the shredder.  Which meant that I needed to go pull the full yard waste bin to the front because that is where we are supposed to put shredded paper.  Was able to get the shreds in there.  Then I shredded some more. 

The government site is back up.  But I think that I will tackle that after lunch. 

• Like 4

Okay, next time I'm in the vicinity of Starbucks, I have to remember to try the Guava Iced White Tea! That sounds really good. 

I did a couple loads of laundry. Still have another load of towels and ds20's oily mechanic's coveralls.

Gave my dog Gus a bath in the front yard. He was pretty dramatic about it. Who knew a bubblebath was such torture?  

Did horse chores, gave some of the horses cool showers, and trekked down the hill to pick up branches in one of the pastures. About 1/3 of an old apple tree had fallen on the fence, and it took me a while to wrestle with that. It was pretty heavy and tangled in the fence. 

Just cleaned the kitchen.

Dinner is going to be hot chicken buffalo dip, but with soy curls instead of chicken, and leftover peanut noodles from last night.

• Like 4

My treasurer poked me into figuring out our camp budget.  So I have now sent out a recommendation to the board for approval.  Glad to have that off of my to-do-list.

Looked through some old files for camp but still have to make a decision on how I'm going to organize my teaching. . .    

emptied dishwasher and refilled it and it's running again.

• Like 4

The kids' volunteer job ended up being less than a half hour, but they still took them to the sweet shop /  mini golf afterwards.

I got a chiro adjustment and picked up my jacket from the dry cleaner (I had them replace the zipper and sew some seams - my very old but favorite jacket is basically new again!)

The kids decided they wanted to go swimming.  They bought some goggles and then spent about 2 hours in the city pool, followed by Panera at their request.  Meanwhile I walked about 3 miles (total 4.5 today).

Back home, kid 1 finally got started on her leaf cleaning task, and then I got both of them to cooperate with a few short lessons - math drill, religion, world history, and Spanish.  Plus they did their journal entries. Could be worse.

Threw in the first of at least 2 loads of laundry.

So on one hand I feel like we got a lot done today, but on the other hand I did little client work, so I don't feel very good right now.  I have a conference call in the morning, a stressful email to answer, and several reports that should have been done long ago.  Ugh.  I am tired and have a headache, so I will try to get up early and do the work.

• Like 2