Menu

My house! Oh my gosh!

DawnM

It has never, ever been this clean or this put together, even when we bought it!  It has cost $$ but it has been so worth it.  Finishing touches/cleaning/etc....tomorrow, paperwork legal stuff will be signed tomorrow, and photos taken Friday.  

Realtor plans to take a pic of the front of the house and a "coming soon" MLS post will go up by Fri afternoon.

ETA:  And no, this doesn't make me want to stay! 😜  I still very much want to move.

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 25

If you have influence on this - I don't know if the owner does but should IMHO, make sure the pictures are taken logically and anyone who views them can see dimensions and the flow of the rooms as best as possible. I have seen pics of a corner of a room with no way to gauge dimensions or being able to see flooring, then there are pics of the floor only and nothing else. Photographers should take into consideration how lighting changes during the day and what the best angle is. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Liz CA said:

If you have influence on this - I don't know if the owner does but should IMHO, make sure the pictures are taken logically and anyone who views them can see dimensions and the flow of the rooms as best as possible. I have seen pics of a corner of a room with no way to gauge dimensions or being able to see flooring, then there are pics of the floor only and nothing else. Photographers should take into consideration how lighting changes during the day and what the best angle is. 

So much yes!
I’m going to be a realtor’s nightmare some day, lol. I’ve done so much real estate stalking that I know exactly how I want my house listed some day.

• Like 1

I completely get this!  We finished up every little last minute project, we cleaned like we had never cleaned before and got rid of boxes and boxes of clutter.   When we finally listed our house I wasn't sure I really wanted to.  It finally looked the way I always hoped it would!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DawnM said:

It has never, ever been this clean or this put together, even when we bought it!  It has cost $$ but it has been so worth it.  Finishing touches/cleaning/etc....tomorrow, paperwork legal stuff will be signed tomorrow, and photos taken Friday.  

Realtor plans to take a pic of the front of the house and a "coming soon" MLS post will go up by Fri afternoon.

I'm so excited for you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawnM said:

I am not worried about the photographer.  He has been working with my realtor a while and all the pictures I have seen so far that he has taken have been good.  

I am glad your house got finished. Listing by April 1 is pretty good, right?

3 hours ago, ksr5377 said:

I completely get this!  We finished up every little last minute project, we cleaned like we had never cleaned before and got rid of boxes and boxes of clutter.   When we finally listed our house I wasn't sure I really wanted to.  It finally looked the way I always hoped it would!

Oh, no, that isn't me.  I am so done with this house!  The parts I don't like can't be fixed, so the nice thing is that even though it looks nice, I am pretty detached.  I don't feel it is "my" house anymore.  That is really good for my cleaner and realtor as I really don't care what they do to it, as long as it means it will SELL!   The only beef I have is spending too much on stuff to stage it and putting up more of those stupid "linen clean" scent pop ups.  My stager wants a bunch more of them, but I am getting allergic reactions to them and I don't particularly like the smell, even though it isn't too overpowering.  I finally said NO MORE of those!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, DawnM said:

The only beef I have is spending too much on stuff to stage it and putting up more of those stupid "linen clean" scent pop ups.  My stager wants a bunch more of them, but I am getting allergic reactions to them and I don't particularly like the smell, even though it isn't too overpowering.  I finally said NO MORE of those!

5 minutes ago, Dotwithaperiod said:

I’d tell the stager to knock it off. If you’re getting allergic reactions to them, there’s a chance potential buyers could, too. 

I am allergic to those at public restrooms  (nausea and headache kind of reaction).  If it is an open house event, I rather have the smell of cookies (store bought is fine) and lemonade. If it is my real estate agent showing us a house on sale, I only care that the house is well ventilated, I hate the stale air smell. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

I am allergic to those at public restrooms  (nausea and headache kind of reaction).  If it is an open house event, I rather have the smell of cookies (store bought is fine) and lemonade. If it is my real estate agent showing us a house on sale, I only care that the house is well ventilated, I hate the stale air smell. 

No open house scheduled yet.  Certain houses are selling fast without them.  She did suggest we go to a hotel for the weekend.  I will wait to see how many showings get scheduled.  She listed a house 2 weeks ago and there were 14 showings in the first weekend and 3 offers.  The house wasn't that different from mine (price wise) other than our schools are better.    So, we will see......

• Like 2

On 3/27/2019 at 8:43 PM, Arctic Mama said:

That’s awesome!  I remember being kind of nostalgic and sad when we finished our house in AK and popped it on the market two years ago, so I swore I’d do all the projects while we were living there to enjoy them (after watching bathroom remodels and paint and such go in for someone else instead of me!), but even with that attitude it still won’t be as clean and showy  as a house for sale.

I’m excited for you and the family - get that layout of your dreams 👍😆

I am not sad, at least not yet.  My kids actually don't like our funky layout of a house anymore either.   But I too am saying that we need to keep the house up better in our next house.    Cleaning schedules for one thing.  I hired this person to do it and she spent 50 hours total.  She was organizing and staging too, but still......

We did a lot of work to our house through the years as this was a cosmetic fixer, but there were still things we didn't keep up with.  We have spent $8k to finish stuff up, some windows needed replacing, some wood damage needed replacing, lots of painting, etc....

• Like 1

My realtor gave us a little photo album with all the photos they took of our house. It's really nice to look back at and remember at now that we're in our new house. When I look at the photos I forget all the stress of trying to keep the place clean as well as the other reasons we wanted to move. 😉

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 1

Congratulations!!! I know the feeling. We sold our house last month and put a lot into it, too. Well, mostly the painting that desperately needed to be done, but after the paint and cosmetic repairs, carpet cleaning and other cleaning, it looked awesome. My oldest daughter wanted to move back in.😂 I hope it sells quickly for you.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Carol in Cal. said:

Yes, how well I know that feeling—when we sold our last house we tweaked into such lovely shape that it made it harder to leave.  

No problem leaving for me!  None at all! I am DONE!

• Like 1

Well you certainly have had your share of bumps in the road to get here.  I'm sure it must be WONDERFUL to have everything done and beautiful!  And as someone who just moved, I would completely take your realtors advice and get out of the house for the weekend.  (Especially if your family is anything like mine, leaving stuff all over the place, never quite cleaning up after themselves all the way, etc).

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 1