Menu

aging skin help

HollyDay

I like the CereVe Healing Ointment.  I originally bought it for foot care after watching a Dr. Dray youtube vid about the subject.  But one night I put a thin layer on my hands before going to sleep.  The next morning I didn't have scaly hands.  

https://www.amazon.com/CeraVe-Healing-Ointment-12-oz/dp/B01GYZFQF8/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=cerave+healing+ointment&qid=1550700073&s=gateway&sr=8-10

I also have a paraffin wax machine that I try to remember to use most nights.  

Agreeing with PP^^ cerave ointment is good. Also, these areas need sunscreen every single day! If you’re already getting age spots, you might check into hydroquinone products. Also, check out Dr Dray’s videos. They’re really good and I think she has some on this topic!

Edited by mmasc

4 hours ago, Alicia64 said:

A vlogger -- a news anchor in Houston -- that I follow has long said that this product works on hands. I put it on the back of hands and then apply to my face.

Would you mind sharing what products you use on your face?

Also, if you want to follow the vlogger -- she's really good. Her name is Dominique Sachse.

Alley

Sure.....This past October, I started using It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cleanser, Miracle Water, Secret Sauce as a day cream, and Confidence in a Cream as a night cream.  I use their eye cream when I remember 🙂  They had value sets (full size with travel sizes) on sale (I guess as a run up to Christmas) so I bought a couple sets and tried it.  I have to say I'm very happy with these products.  My skin in much healthier looking, smoother, and brighter. 

Having said that, I hope this trend continues.  I've noticed over the years that after a while, products just seem to not work as well for me.  I'm wondering if my skin "gets used" to the products.  Before IT, I was using Cereve Skin Renewing day cream, serium, and hydrating cleanser.  The CeraVe worked well for me for about 2 years.  My daughters love these products and still use them.  So, I guess it is some trial and error to find the right combo

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, J-rap said:

While we're on the topic, does anyone have a neck cream recommendation?  I can't seem to find anything that keeps up with that.  I notice both my mother and my older sister both had/have premature wrinkly necks!  (Maybe it's a hopeless cause.  :)) 

It's not necessarily hopeless, but it needs to be prevented.  The primary cause of sagging skin is UV exposure.  Sunblock needs to be applied generously from the scalp down the neck and on the chest area if these areas are exposed.  

• Like 3

On 2/21/2019 at 4:17 AM, Monica_in_Switzerland said:

Paula's Choice has body lotions with "face" ingredients- AHA, retinol, etc.  So you might have a look at her line!

I 100% agree with Monica.  In fact, I think that we are both PC fans.  I will add that if you chose to use these products, they make your skin more sensitive to the sun.  You will have to diligently apply sunblock every single day or keep your body covered.  

• Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 12:02 AM, J-rap said:

While we're on the topic, does anyone have a neck cream recommendation?  I can't seem to find anything that keeps up with that.  I notice both my mother and my older sister both had/have premature wrinkly necks!  (Maybe it's a hopeless cause.  :)) 

IT just came out with a neck cream. I've not ordered it and I haven't found it in stores yet.  Due to the cost, I'd rather try a sample in stores before buying the product. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 10:02 PM, J-rap said:

I use this one...really great.  I definitely notice when I skip this in my routine.  When dh and I were in Vegas, I was wandering the aisle at Dillards.  The consultant said if I thought the Perricone was good, I should try this one.  I haven't yet, but might take the plunge this spring.  

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 2/21/2019 at 1:02 AM, J-rap said:

I just use whatever I’m using on my face on my neck as well. 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 6:54 PM, readinmom said:

I use this one...really great.  I definitely notice when I skip this in my routine.  When dh and I were in Vegas, I was wandering the aisle at Dillards.  The consultant said if I thought the Perricone was good, I should try this one.  I haven't yet, but might take the plunge this spring.  

I know this is a Zombie thread, but would love to know what cream you linked since the link doesn't work anymore!

Or does anyone else have neck cream recs? The turkey-neck situation here is alarming! Help! 🆘😃