Menu

Please send prayers for my son

lynn

Navy boy was able to text us on his 10 hr shuttle ride to boot camp and the last few texts were that he felt he had a medical issue and would be sent home.  He never said anything until Saturday and after some questions it sounded like nerves and anxiety.  He did not want to go to the Dr here.   We encouraged him to go to medical if it doesn't go away.  Now I'm worried and I can't call to check on him.  

• Sad 8

If you can communicate with him tell him that probably everyone in the group he is in has the same fears and worries and is nervous.  He just needs to take it one minute, one hour and one day at a time and very soon he will graduate from Boot Camp and be on his way to a Tech School. Good lucck to him and thank him for his service.  If he has a Physical Medical problem, that is another thing and he should get that fixed.

• Like 1

The important thing is that he has identified in his own mind that he may have a problem.  That's the first step to seeking help and increases the likelihood that he will do so at bootcamp, if it's really needed.  On the other hand, it may just be nervousness about the unknowns of the bootcamp situation and once there he may be just fine.  ((Hugs)) to you, mama.  I'm praying for him and for you.  

• Like 1

Lynn, 

I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner but you and your son have been in my prayers. I hope he is OK and can stay in. I know sometimes, guys can get injured during boot or tech school that can delay finishing (AF calls it recycling). Hopefully he is fine or it is a little temporary thing.

(((hugs)))

22 hours ago, I talk to the trees said:

Hugs to you! I hope it turns out to be just a bit of nervousness! 

Make sure to update when you can. The hive mamas worry about our fellow boardies’ kids, too!

I wish I had an update.  Navy boy has not called yet but according to the navy mom blog it could take days.  It's been depressing very quiet 2 days here.  Dh isn't taking his absence well and neither am i.  He's the kid who sang in the shower and has a quick wit that always made me laugh once I caught what he said.  I'll post when I do hear from him.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2