Menu

vent . . . some things are coincidence

gardenmom5

I'm on a support group for a genetic issue.  people on their blame EVERYTHING on this genetic issue, or whatever else in their life.   and the anti-vaxxers are taking over the site  (after reading that the guy WASN'T against vaxs - and had a patent for three individual vax, he had a lot of motivation for lying about his findings of 12 patients) - I'm reaching the point I'll probably quit.

• Like 1

Ugh, that is frustrating! I have to avoid certain people when I talk about my kids' issues, but it's not that bad.

While my younger son's genetic issue is very serious and not cool, I am super glad that it's managed by undeniably solid medical science. Sadly, there is still an incredibly high amount of ignorance about the disorder, how it presents, etc. among medical practitioners (who think that rare means, "I'll never meet someone with this condition" and then stop looking), but it's indisputable that medical intervention (some of which has only been possible in the last 20 years or less) saves lives. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I think it’s like that with most things. Which is why we avoid support groups. Our kids are all adopted, and every little problem we may have, some people like to say, “well, that sounds like an adoption issue....” Grrrr!?

I agree.  Sometimes the kids is just being a turd because they are just being a kid.   Now, I firmly believe in some trauma issues, attachment stuff, etc but sometimes kids are just plain being a turd like any other kid their age is.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Farrar said:

One time this other homeschool mom I know sort of pulled me aside and whispered, as if it was some sort of dirty secret, "Farrar, I just don't think diet is the cause of every little thing." I was like, yeah, seriously.

I want my fainting emoji back . . . .

3 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

That’s why I’m not on any MTHFR groups, despite having the mutation.  Obnoxious, isn’t it?

yes, very.  things that are completely unrelated . . . now someone has posted something claiming there are pesticides in tampons to make you bleed more.  for pete's sake . . . .  they don't want to hear many women bleed more when they go through perimenopause - becasue of   "hormones".

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 4

I am on a few support groups on facebook and one on email but they are well regulated by the moderaters and while there are a few people who won't do vaccines- because they fear worsening their disease- by far, the great majority do vaccines.  As to blaming everything on mutation, uggh, yeah, no.

And Farrar, thanks for the great laugh

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I think it’s like that with most things. Which is why we avoid support groups. Our kids are all adopted, and every little problem we may have, some people like to say, “well, that sounds like an adoption issue....” Grrrr!?

You mean like every issue I have with Ds is because he is an only? 

Yeah, it is annoying.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Alice said:

Well as an only child myself, I can say that probably is the cause of most issues. ?

Really? Well what if you were an only child until you were 10 and then had EOW step brothers for a couple of years and then one step brother comes to live with you when he is 15 and you are 16.....then what is the reason for every issue?