Menu

An update of sorts...

G5052

Prayers and positive thoughts appreciated.

We are still struggling on my two part-time gigs and monthly support. I've been #2 choice on three professional-level jobs now. One more local job that is a step up from an administrative assistant (I'm over-educated for it), but there is potential, and I have an inside contact there. Then I start applying for local rental jobs and keep pushing on professional jobs. My rent is about 2/5 of my monthly income, so we're tight.

The marital situation is difficult. Enough said. He still lives many states away.

Our family home is almost ready to go on the market. It has been physically and emotionally gut-wrenching. I find myself teary every time I go there to work or meet the tradesmen getting it ready. I will be glad when I can just pop in to check it and mow the lawn. Thankfully it just needed minor renovations, but my credit card balances are unsettling. He is paying half, but if the house doesn't sell quickly, it will take awhile to pay them off on my income. I tried to get a low-interest loan, but couldn't get approved. I have some other resources, but I am reluctant to tap them for many reasons, particularly because the realtor is expecting it to sell very quickly. 

So, I'm hoping that May will be a better month in many ways. April was a bear.

• Like 1

Not sure where you are but around here sellers get multiple offers above asking price. At least you are selling in a good market.

Hope the real estate transaction is smooth and swift. Best wishes for finding that one job that will cover everything you need. Is relocation an option?