Menu

Who's going to tackle Monday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Could we postpone Monday?

I am tired and behind on my work.  I don't want to Monday.

I suppose it will end up being a typical Monday ... I'm kind of stressed out about some conference calls and deadlines ... I'm up right now because of new work I didn't expect and laundry for the kids' Monday gym bags ... but I really need some sleep.

• Like 7

Good morning!  I just wasted 30 minutes watching class skit videos from Spirit Week at DS16's school.  #notagoodstart

-coffee

-DS16 off to school

-read 3 chapters of Great Expectations to catch up to DS13 for literature class

-school with DS13

-laundry (lots and lots)  DONE:  3

-straighten up living areas

-tackle the clothes explosion (both mine and DH) that seems to have overtaken our bedroom closet

-workout (1 hour total body weights)

-Publix for a few things, Halloween candy, and figure out dinner

-DS16 school baseball practice, then travel baseball game

-dinner at staggered times for all

-carve pumpkins

-read the same book I've been reading for 4 weeks (and am only on page 100)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 6

Good morning!

It was a great weekend in the mountains with my sisters. It even was snowing a bit yesterday morning. Now back to reality...

Done:

breakfast for dh (Not lunch because he has jury duty)

fed cats

coffee

To Do:

plan school work for today

meals

school with ds

tidy house

laundry

prep for tutoring tomorrow

read chapter for chemistry class this week

take ds to swim

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6

Good morning!

I was up waaaay too late last night and am not in the mood for Monday at all - so yes, it must be postponed!

•school

•horse bedding delivery

•all the things I didn't get done last week (huge, long list...)

•dust and vacuum main floor

•order a few things

•laundry - wash blankets and comforter

•dinner: curried lentil and sweet potato bowls

• Like 6

Good morning! Again, up at a ridiculous hour to take dd2 to morning practice. Back home now, with a regular day here. It is cloudy and cold, maybe snow later... Dh and ds2 arrive late tonight.

To do:

finish paper

laundry

school with ds3

read a little

pick up dd2/work a little

ds3-guitar lesson

chores/figure out dinner

ds3 to tennis

pick up dd2/swim

Home to watch MNF

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Monday not so hot here. I didn't sleep well, my stomach was hurting. Finally fall asleep only to be awakened by college son coming in the door at 2am. Husband's alarm went off at 3am and woke me up too. Finally rolled out of bed at 8:30am.

Behind on my lesson plans, behind on my biology class, printer not working, still nursing a cup of tea, not showered or dressed.

What happened to my weekend? You'd think after 11 years of homeschooling I'd have this down.

Monday, you stink.

• Like 6

Well I got the kids off to school and went back to bed.  Now I am really behind.  I am "managing" my stress by lying to myself saying "I don't care."  Ha!

I started taking a B12 supplement in addition to my D3 supplement in the hope that I get some of my mojo back.  I hope to do a little yoga also.  Somehow between trying to catch up on a list of deadlines - or at least send out enough stuff for the clients to be somewhat appeased ....

Kids have gymnastics tonight.  It will be great if I can walk while they are in class, but I might not even be able to justify leaving my work to drive them there.

I hope that after all my vitamins and coffee kick in, I'll feel more positive.

• Like 5

human care done

pet care done

medical care done

went through all the mail, sorted it, junked some, put aside the bills

paid the bills

tried to deal with a business thing for dh but the thing he sent me will not let me open it and he's not reading my texts.  Oh well.  If it's important, he will have to make it important enough to respond to. 

called the bank

• Like 5

Arranged my “new†sparkling silverware drawer.

Kitchen- unloaded and put away contents. Loaded dishwasher though it isn’t full enough to run yet.

Laundry- Folded two loads of laundry. Ran one load in washing machine.

School/ grading- graded algebra and biology.

Dh’s account was hacked at work and I accidentally opened some emails he “sent “ me. So I ran Malwarebytes and got rid of a Trojan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Well, I do seem to feel better than I felt on my last post.  I lived through the conference call - my lack of forward motion on that project was attributed to the client who failed to get me some info, so nobody really cares at this moment ... I sent out most of what I felt was really important to send today.  I might have time to do one more project before leaving for gymnastics.  That ought to keep my biggest clients happy for another day.  :P

Oh but one kid says she is sick and dying. So I am probably going to leave her home, since I don't think she would want to go walking with me in the rain ....

The kids have a relatively small homework load tonight, yay!  They planned to watch a movie in their free time, which I think is fine.  It's so rare for them to have free time on a week night.

• Like 4

Dh got picked for the jury, so at least I won't have to get up early on the days he has to go there instead of school. It's a real pain for him, though, because he has an academic team meet Wednesday afternoon, and he has no assistant coach. His school is on block scheduling, so missing one day is really missing two. He teaches US History and Econ. These are both the social studies subjects students have to pass end of course tests in to graduate in our state, so missing any amount of time is not good. 

I've been prepping for math tutoring, and we watched the 2nd episode of Stranger Things 2. I've got to get some tidying done before my students come in the morning at 9:30, so that may happen in the morning. 

• Like 2