Menu

Tom's of Maine stopped making my toothpaste

Ravin

I could use Hive help identifying a replacement. I do not like mint toothpaste. I have used ToM orange mango toothpaste for years. I can tolerate the Crest orange flavor, but they stopped making it also.

I need grownup toothpaste that doesn't taste like mint. Help!

Edited by Ravin

No suggestions, sadly, but I share your feels about a much-loved item that's been discontinued.

RIP, WholeSoy plain soy yogurt, Bobbi's garlic hummus, the Mountain Hardwear hiking skirt with deep pockets and a button fly, the Amy's lactose-free frozen lasagna and the mac cheese that seem to have been replaced with gluten-free versions, appliances of all kinds with mechanical control panels instead of computerized ones, the Capezio dance sneakers that actually fit me (and the Nike sneakers too), navy nubuck Birkenstock Arizonas with the original hard sole...  it takes so long to find the perfect version of something useful.  So annoying when it is discontinued. 

• Like 4

Hello brand toothpaste has fruit flavors - blue raspberry and watermelon. Yes, it's their kid's toothpaste and yes, I know you said adult, but having used the adult toothpaste and accidentally using the kid's toothpaste, I have not noticed an appreciable difference.

Is cinnamon ok? I use the cinnamon one from Aim.

And, I will join the other poster in mourning the loss of Whole Soy yogurt in plain and otherwise. I have missed yogurt ever since.

• Like 1

And, I will join the other poster in mourning the loss of Whole Soy yogurt in plain and otherwise. I have missed yogurt ever since.

I used to special order the big tubs, a case (12 tubs) at a time.  I haven't found a plain (not vanilla) soy yogurt since.  I don't want the sugar that's in most soy and other non-dairy yogurts, and I DO want the protein that's lacking in the coconut one I tried this week.

• Like 1

Um, does it taste like salty pine??

Good question. Now I'm wondering the same!

I've been using homemade toothpaste, but the baking soda taste is strong. You could add more xylitol and flavoring than I do though, and maybe come up with something you like. 

Why do you need an "adult toothpaste" Aren't kids and adult toothpastes the same, with the difference being kids toothpastes tend to taste like fruit, and some are fluoride free? Dr. Bronner's and Jason are other choices to look at. 

My kids use the strawberry kid's toothpaste. I would prefer with flouride. Cinnamon toothpaste in my experience tastes like cinnamon candy, which is gross, rather than actual cinnamon. Clove I would assume tastes like clove cigarettes smell. Negative associations there make me reluctant to try it. I would prefer a citrus/orange type fruit flavor, something whole care not just anticavity.

My kids use the strawberry kid's toothpaste. I would prefer with flouride. Cinnamon toothpaste in my experience tastes like cinnamon candy, which is gross, rather than actual cinnamon. Clove I would assume tastes like clove cigarettes smell. Negative associations there make me reluctant to try it. I would prefer a citrus/orange type fruit flavor, something whole care not just anticavity.

So why not use the strawberry one?  My kids use that one too. 

Um, does it taste like salty pine??

Mostly like Pine, not really salty.

I went to do a due diligence check, only to find we just ran out and the tube was replaced with "Bamboo Salt with White Tea." What does bamboo taste like?

There is also a tube something new (and very foreign looking) that I can't figure without putting on some glasses.

Bill

I was sad to find that the Orange Mango was discontinued when I made my yearly bulk toothpaste purchase a while back. That's DH's favorite and my kids liked it as well. I bought a whole bunch of different toothpastes for them to try. The least minty that I bought is Very Berry Mint by Jason (Oral Comfort line, which is for sensitive teeth--we don't really need that but I wanted to try the flavor). Next in line is Vanilla Powermint by Jason. It does have mint but it is subtle, definitely not as strong as most toothpastes. 

Chlosys mouthwash is flavorless. I use it before brushing, but if I had to use a toothpaste flavor I really didn't like I would probably rinse with it afterward to get some of the taste out of my mouth. Or I would find a mouthwash with a taste I liked. The Dr. Brite Strawberry flavor looks good: https://www.drbrite.com/products/revitalizing-mouth-rinse-mint?variant=31259397254 I just noticed they also make a kids' toothpaste in strawberry flavor. All of these I've mentioned are fluoride-free, though, so may not be what you're looking for.