Menu

Fake Bus Stops Keep Alzheimer's Patients From Wondering Off

JumpyTheFrog

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2071319/Fake-bus-stop-keeps-Alzheimers-patients-from-wandering-off.html

There are fake bus stops in front of some German nursing homes. After patients wait for the bus to take them "home," someone comes out and says the bus is delayed and invites them in for tea or coffee. Eventually, they forget they were trying to leave.

• Like 18

Off topic, but I once waited at a defunct bus stop for like 45 minutes.  They had moved the stop around the corner but left the old shelter up.  In retrospect, it was no longer labelled or had the time tables up, but it was still where google maps said it should be!  I eventually gave up and went home, but later found the correct stop by accident.  LOL

The fake bus stop is a great plan as long as unsuspecting airheads like myself are warned...   

• Like 6

Off topic, but I once waited at a defunct bus stop for like 45 minutes. They had moved the stop around the corner but left the old shelter up. In retrospect, it was no longer labelled or had the time tables up, but it was still where google maps said it should be! I eventually gave up and went home, but later found the correct stop by accident. LOL

The fake bus stop is a great plan as long as unsuspecting airheads like myself are warned...

At least you'd have a nice conversation if you waited there. And maybe the nurse would take pity on you and invite you in for coffee with your new friends. :D

• Like 13

In Australia it would have to be a taxi cab stop.  The nursing home I worked in the residents were always asking me to call them a cab to go home :lol:

Where my mum used to work, they just walked! Mum used to get called to come and talk one back from traffic islands in her school-girl German!