Menu

Party Food

Elizabeth86

I'm thinking sweets. Unicorns to me go along with fluffy kittens and rainbows. I'd make a confetti cupcake and put pink icing on it, if it's a little girl party. If it isn't, I'd choose green.

I think there are some type of chips called bugles. They're horn looking but not as elegant as a unicorn.

Oh, you said no sweets. Hmm.. maybe a white dip of some kind with mixed veggies to look colorful. 

Edited by Night Elf
  • Like 2

Fruit rainbow: strawberries, orange slices, mango, kiwi, blueberries, blackberries, purple grapes.

This is a great idea. I also think of rainbows with unicorns. You can color bread dough- multicolored bread seems gross to adults but kids would probably like rainbow colored party sandwiches. 

Edited by Annie G

I might just be practical about it and just pick the main food as whatever the guest of honor and/or friends would eat. If this is a child's party I don't think a lot of veggies may go over well as a main dish. Well, even as an adult I don't think it would exactly curb my appetite. I'd just use decorations and dessert to help with the colors/theme. I did go to a party for a little girl once with that theme. The kids played pin the tail (or horn?) on the unicorn. There might have been a colorful piñata, too?

I think fruit and veggies are good colorful items. I just think of them more as sides.

I guess I would take the unicorn's horn as inspiration and either bake some sort of horn that is filled or maybe you could roll up tortillas in a horn shape? Or maybe you could give the entire food a unicorn shape (like pizza)? Maybe surrounded by green stuff as others have said.

• Like 1