Menu

Criminal Minds Non violent/Gory episodes

AnthemLights

Asking the Hive because you all seem to know everything.   :tongue_smilie:

I just started watching the show, but I don't really like gore/horror.  I bought season 2 in its entirety and then wished I hadn't.  

I am watching the show on Amazon...buying episode by episode.  Most are more horror than I like to watch.  But maybe there are like 3 or 4 in each season that are not too bad?

Any suggestion?  Or should I just give up on it?  I really like the concept and the team and need a new show to watch over the summer.  :001_cool:

Thanks

It's a pretty dark and gory show. One of the actors left because it was so disturbing. It's available streaming on Netflix. Might be cheaper for a month of Netflix than buying several shows.

Have you watched Without a Trace? Or the classic Homicide series?

• Like 1

Thanks Zoobie, I hadn't considered Netflix...thanks for that....I think you just saved me a ton of money. :tongue_smilie:

I haven't seen either of the two shows you mentioned. I'll check them out...I'm assuming they are both police procedurals?

Yes. Without a Trace is FBI missing persons. It's not usually gory. The team aspect reminds me of Criminal Minds. Homicide is an older show. Based in Baltimore off a book that was written when a reporter spent a year with actual Baltimore homicide detectives. Brilliant writing and acting. The Closer is another police procedural show with an interesting team. There's a spin off with most of the original cast called Major Crimes. It's not as good as the original, but it's worth the space on my DVR. ;)

I don't know, I don't find it especially gory. Dark and twisted, absolutely, but not overly gory. Of course, I watch stuff like The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones, so "gory" is a pretty high bar at this point. ;) I just started watching it a couple months ago, and I think I'm on season four.

And yes, there are eleven (last I checked) seasons available on Netflix, so definitely don't buy it on Amazon unless you have a burning need to own the episodes forever.

• Like 2

I started watching this on Netflix last year, but had to stop because I didn't care for the parts where they showed the crimes happening. It's too bad because I really enjoyed the crime-solving, profiling aspect of the show.

I think this is why I love Bones and watch it over and over again, because the intensity is in the inter-personal relationships vs. the crime-action.

Edited by fraidycat
  • Like 1

I don't know, I don't find it especially gory. Dark and twisted, absolutely, but not overly gory. Of course, I watch stuff like The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones, so "gory" is a pretty high bar at this point. ;) I just started watching it a couple months ago, and I think I'm on season four.

And yes, there are eleven (last I checked) seasons available on Netflix, so definitely don't buy it on Amazon unless you have a burning need to own the episodes forever.

Ha, Mergath, I totally get that.  The bar for me is probably exceptionally low.  I've only ever watched one horror show.  It was with a group of friends and I felt like I couldn't leave. It left me scarred for years.   :tongue_smilie:

NCIS and NCIS LA are two of my favorite shows.  And even with them, I usually skip the Halloween episodes.  Or at least watch with my my eyes half closed and my finger on the mute button.   :lol:

So no I won't be buying any more episode. Obviously not the show for me. And I will be subscribing to Netflix (at least for the summer) and checking out some of the other shows mentioned here.  

Thanks everyone.

The only episode I have watched is called Penelope.  it is about her being shot.  Other than being shot and the hospital scenes...it is not over the top.  The team is trying to find out who wants to kill her.  I think it is a 2 part....but I do not know about the one where she gets shot at the end.  I don't know what the story line is for that episode.  Penelope is a side story right up to the shooting.  The next episode is about the search for the shooter.....

My friends laugh at me, but I skip all the parts showing the victim(s) being hurt in anyway.  I enjoy the profiling aspect of the show - nothing else.

Exactly!!

I watch pretty much only the profiling aspects only. I'll watch a little of the criminal stuff but only to get a feel for what kind of crminal she/he is. Lots of fast forwarding on Netflix. 

I'm currently watching it now (again) and I'm finding the later seasons are a little less gory than the earlier seasons. I might just be getting used to it. 

Edited by Mandamom

I loved Criminal Minds, but found that as time went on, it actually got more graphic. I did stop watching it, mainly because that's just not what I think of when I think entertainment. Sometimes I'd be downright disturbed. I LOVED the cast though (Morgan is easy on the eyes for sure). I wish they could've done it with a little less gore.

Edited by StaceyinLA

There are so many other shows out there with similar mystery-type themes that are way better with very little gore and constantly depressing situations. I'd abandon ship.

I'm a big fan of British TV series. Some of them have multiple episodes before the mystery is solved, others in the single episode. You could try:

- Broadchurch

- Line of Duty

- River

- Scott and Bailey

- Shetland

- The Bletchley Circle

- Grandchester

- Father Brown

- Midsomer Murders

- Death in Paradise

- Cadfael

- A Touch of Frost

• Like 2

I loved Criminal Minds, but found that as time went on, it actually got more graphic. I did stop watching it, mainly because that's just not what I think of when I think entertainment. Sometimes I'd be downright disturbed. I LOVED the cast though (Morgan is easy on the eyes for sure). I wish they could've done it with a little less gore.

Stacey, I got a subscription for netflix, so now I can just skim through the episodes,  without feeling like I am wasting money.  Morgan (Shemar Moore) is going to be starring in SWAT...a new show coming out this fall, I think.  Can't wait to check that one out.   :001_smile:

There are so many other shows out there with similar mystery-type themes that are way better with very little gore and constantly depressing situations. I'd abandon ship.

I'm a big fan of British TV series. Some of them have multiple episodes before the mystery is solved, others in the single episode. You could try:

- Broadchurch

- Line of Duty

- River

- Scott and Bailey

- Shetland

- The Bletchley Circle

- Grandchester

- Father Brown

- Midsomer Murders

- Death in Paradise

- Cadfael

- A Touch of Frost 

I'm going to check some of these out.  I love Sherlock Holmes, but I think that's the only British show I have ever watched.  I didn't realize that there were so many. 

Thanks everyone.  We are moving.  Closing was supposed to be in two weeks, but now got pushed off by another 4 weeks.  I have everything packed up, so not much to do the next 6 weeks.  I don't usually watch a lot of TV, no time.  So this is going to be kind of a treat.