Menu

Blender Recs

Mom-ninja.

I would like a blender. It would be for primarily making smoothies. I have a generic Magic Bullet type blender and it's fine. However, I want a blender that will truly puree my greens. I'm tired of chewing my smoothies. 

I do not want a Vitamix (I can not afford one so please do not recommend a Vitamix). The blender must be under $100. 

KitchenAid? Ninja? 

You have a blender that you love?  

Well given your username, I think the Ninja is highly appropriate! We replaced a Blend-tec with the Ninja set from Costco and have been pleased. For the price of a new jar (that I had to replace three times!), it comes with two jars and different blades.

• Like 1

We have a Ninja that we just bought a month or so ago.  It does a great job, but it is really, really loud.  That is my only complaint about it.  

I bought ours at Bed, Bath and Beyond with one of their never-expire coupons and then I bought an additional insulated cup as well.  We have the Ninja Nutrition Pro Auto IQ 1000 Watts  Model BL 480D

• Like 2

We have a Ninja that we just bought a month or so ago.  It does a great job, but it is really, really loud.  That is my only complaint about it.  

I really like our Ninja too. We have a larger blender cup for it and then a smaller cup that we use for food processor type tasks. Very much agree that it is very loud, especially when blending ice. Our family members try to make a general announcement just before blending to warn people in the area that high decibels are on the way. :)

Erica in OR

ETA: We have a Ninja Master Prep (not sure of the wattage, but we paid ~$40 at a local store for it a couple Christmases ago).

Edited by Erica in OR
  • Like 1

I bought ours at Bed, Bath and Beyond with one of their never-expire coupons and then I bought an additional insulated cup as well.  We have the Ninja Nutrition Pro Auto IQ 1000 Watts  Model BL 480D

It does sound like a spaceship launching!

Blendtec only blends with a ton of liquid. I won't be replacing into another Blendtec.

I agree with this. My mil bought me a blendtec for christmas one year because my bil (golden boy) told her his was the best blender on the market. I can't stand it for exactly the reason stated, plus it travels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my Kitchen-Aid diamond something or other. Tbh, though, I *really* like my Nutribullet. It can handle greens just fine, but even better, I can go from raw cashews to cashew cream very quickly without having to soak the cashews first.