Menu

Any ideas about what's wrong with me?...

Slept for 13.5 hours last night

Moody

Very unsettled feeling like nothing will make me happy

Feel like I want to crawl out of my skin

Could this be a reaction to sugar? I haven't had much for the past 2 months until this week I had a pulled pork barbecue sandwich and a candy bar on Thursday. I just feel horrible.

Not pregnant, never have had PMS like this, I'll be 44 in Jan., I suppose changes will start sometime. :glare: I think I'll stick to high fiber/lean protein for a while and see how I feel.

In the meantime I guess I'd better steer clear of all political and religious threads. :D:glare::tongue_smilie:

Slept for 13.5 hours last night

Moody

Very unsettled feeling like nothing will make me happy

Feel like I want to crawl out of my skin

Could this be a reaction to sugar? I haven't had much for the past 2 months until this week I had a pulled pork barbecue sandwich and a candy bar on Thursday. I just feel horrible.

My guess is perimenopause-induced PMS. It's h*ll.

It was definitely sudden onset. I've been feeling great, working out 4 days a week, going to WW, lost weight; I've been happy as a lark. Yesterday I was tired, then today - bam!

Maybe you are coming down with something? Poor thing. Take it easy.

Ria

...I'm feeling similarly today. Edgy. Cranky. Tired as all get out (literally dozed off sitting straight up earlier this afternoon!). For me, it is my monthly hormonal shift that causes the unrest (literally and figuratively, for it makes me very wakeful at night). For you, I'd guess either some perimenopause symptoms, for you are in the appropriate age range, or that you are about to catch a cold.

Take it easy. Enjoy something soothing, like warm tea, or red wine, or a bath and some Baileys?

(((Karen)))

Maybe you are coming down with something? Poor thing. Take it easy.

Ria

Thanks Ria, it's nice having you around again.

Are you consuming enough calories? That can catch up with you eventually....

I think so. I don't use the extra points that I earn by working out, nor do I usually dip into my 35 extra per week points (although Thursday I did, 2 Reeses Big Cups, deadly), but I eat my daily points.

...I'm feeling similarly today. Edgy. Cranky. Tired as all get out (literally dozed off sitting straight up earlier this afternoon!). For me, it is my monthly hormonal shift that causes the unrest (literally and figuratively, for it makes me very wakeful at night). For you, I'd guess either some perimenopause symptoms, for you are in the appropriate age range, or that you are about to catch a cold.

Take it easy. Enjoy something soothing, like warm tea, or red wine, or a bath and some Baileys?

(((Karen)))

Thanks Doran. The weather doesn't help either I guess, is it dreary down there too? I'm making some WW zero point spicy Italian soup and I will cuddle on the couch with some blankies and whatever living soul dares to come near (probably be the dog. :001_smile:)

Thanks Doran. The weather doesn't help either I guess, is it dreary down there too? I'm making some WW zero point spicy Italian soup and I will cuddle on the couch with some blankies and whatever living soul dares to come near (probably be the dog. :001_smile:)

Dreary times two. The wind has really picked up here in the past several hours, and now it's raining like there's no tomorrow! Figures that on a weekend when our town has a whole bunch of fall activities planned, including a little parade, it rains! After how many days without rain? I sometimes think falling barometers affect my mood. I know my youngest is crabby today, too. But, she's nearly 12, and so her moods are unpredictable at best. What a household! Hope you feel more like you again soon, Karen. Love on that dog -- doggie love can soothe even the grumpiest individual. ;)

Could you be ovulating? May sound weird, but that is when my hormone levels, anxiety, irritability etc are top of the charts! Could it be a progesterone/estrogen imbalance?? Something you might want to look into.

I use progesterone cream for 3 wks out of the month to help with this(I'm 41). HTH a little:)

Could you be ovulating? May sound weird, but that is when my hormone levels, anxiety, irritability etc are top of the charts! Could it be a progesterone/estrogen imbalance?? Something you might want to look into.

I use progesterone cream for 3 wks out of the month to help with this(I'm 41). HTH a little:)

Over the years I've read women on this board mention it and I will look into it. Thank you.

Do you normally eat much pork?

My hubs gets kinda 'weird' when he's had pork, we rarely eat it. The last time we did he noticed feeling off. Like you said..moody/cranky and another thing or two I can't recall at the moment.

I don't know what the connection there is, but, just throwing that out there...could just as easily be the pork as the sugar.

Something I've wondered lately (as I've been losing weight with WW, too) is whether something toxic has been released in my system. You know that fat stores a lot of junk. From time to time, I've wondered if an unsettled mood is the result of some of that stored ick being washed from my system.

I dunno.

I've had similar episodes after chiropractic sessions.

However, I'm older than you by a few years and I KNOW perimenopause is the pits. These days I can tell my cycle's about to start because I have a weepy woe is me day. Blech. I hate it.

I hope you feel better soon. Even if it is cold out, bundle up and get a walk in. It'll do you good. ;)

However, I'm older than you by a few years and I KNOW perimenopause is the pits. These days I can tell my cycle's about to start because I have a weepy woe is me day. Blech. I hate it.

I hope you feel better soon. Even if it is cold out, bundle up and get a walk in. It'll do you good. ;)

Thank you. I think I feel better today, but I've only been up for 23 minutes. :D

Lyme???

Any rashes or fever?

No, rashes.

Have your thyroid checked. Its a simple blood test. I remember feeling like that.

M

I just had complete blood work done in August and it showed my thyroid is fine, but I've heared that there are problems with the test or reading the results or something. I am getting my blood work done again in January (low HDL) and will talk to my doctor. Unless this doesn't go away soon, then I'll go back sooner rather than later.

Thank you.

If you are feeling tired and anxious you are probably really low on magnesium. I can always tell when I need it because I feel really irritated and just unsettled. If it is really bad I will get anxiety attacks and leg/feet cramps. I have had great results with a product called Calm...it is a fizzing powder that you add to hot water and it tastes really good.

Just throwing the idea out to you.

Glad you're feeling better. :grouphug:

I've been shocked how my pms has grown over the last year or two. I never worried much over my cycles except for the cramps and inconvenience. Now...watch out. The fatigue reminds me of being pregnant or jet lag, the need to sleep is crazy. And did I mention I get grumpy without enough sleep? The other symptoms for me are bloating, headache, book soreness, distracted brain and the kindness filter on my mouth disappears. If I was a kid, I threaten myself with duck-tape. :001_huh:

TMI...This isn't to freak you out. Every woman is different, but perimenopause happens earlier than we expected and taking care of yourself helps. I've given up my favorite pms things...potato chips & soda, take vitamins, get extra sleep and drink things like hot coco or chamomile tea to settle the grump in me. My period can be a relief, but now that I've identified a pattern and accepted this is just a normal part of me...I'm dealing with it without driving my family to the far corners of the house.

Oh, and if I'm feeling really grumpy I think about calling my dear-old-MIL. The idea that I might be acting anything like her helps with my attitude and she has the hide of a hyena. She's well beyond the middle of menopause, but she's managed to hold onto the meanness.:D

It's because we couldn't get together!:lol:

I'm sorry you are feeling bad. The weather yesterday was really dreary, and last night's storm was incredible, especially since our hotel looks out on Trumps and Caesar's Palace - just more light in the sky :)

Today is beautiful here though. Just hope we can dodge the Eagles and Phillies traffic on the way to the airport:)

Hope you're back to normal SOON :grouphug:

Edited by readwithem
spelling errors

Karen,

I'm wondering since I was with you on Friday, if you were just exhausted from that Corn Maze. My dh thought he was coming down with something that night but he went to bed and slept a lot. I too slept a lot after all that walking around. I don't know if you did anything after the Corn Maze but we did. My dh and I were exhausted yesterday too.

Christina

Karen,

I'm wondering since I was with you on Friday, if you were just exhausted from that Corn Maze. My dh thought he was coming down with something that night but he went to bed and slept a lot. I too slept a lot after all that walking around. I don't know if you did anything after the Corn Maze but we did. My dh and I were exhausted yesterday too.

Christina

I was exhausted, that's for sure, but it was the wanting to crawl out of my skin that was getting to me. I felt like I do when I give up caffeine, only angrier and I'm not off the stuff, so... :confused:

Sugar withdrawal!

If you've really avoided it in any form for a long while, like I had, then had it, then stopped, I wonder if it affected you. It takes about 3 days to get over the withdrawal.

How do you feel now?

I feel better today. Friday I ate well and yesterday and today too. Whether it was sugar or not I'm not sure, but it has made me not want sugar, which is a good thing considering I have a big Costco 150 pc bag o' candy in my hall closet. :D

Good luck with that, the Who is playing down there too, it's wild.

Sorry, I just saw this! We had no trouble getting to the airport, I think we timed it between the end of the Eagles game and the start of the baseball game :)

My dd wanted to bring back a tree or two - the leaves were GORGEOUS!