Menu

Help finding shirts for DS14

AnthemLights

He's tall, thin, maybe a bit of a longer back?

He likes t-shirts and henleys.  Mostly he wears a size 18-20 in boys.  We do most of our shopping online because we live too far out.  Which makes things kind of inconvenient because he can't try on before we buy.   Size 18/20 usually fits nicely except for the length is too short.  

So do you know of any brands that I should check out?  I have tried searching for extra tall, but that gets me into men's sizing and results.

Thanks.  

If 18/20 is too short, he will probably need to move up to men's sizes.

We've had good luck with LL Bean tall men's sizes for my son who is 6'4. My other son is currently 5'11 and can still wear their regular men's sizes, although I suspect he will need to move up to tall soon. 

• Like 1

Agree with trying adult sizes. When I needed to choose a shirt for dd (for school) I waffled between child xl and adult small. I was advised to get the adult because the two sizes were close but the child size would be slightly wider whereas the adult size would be slightly taller. The adult small worked for her--a tall, thin 12yo.

My ds recently purchased a couple shirts from Illusive London. Sounds crazy, I know, and it's a bit pricey (and you'd have to like their style) but the ones he wanted were on sale (about $18 each) and even with shipping (about $5) the price was reasonable. The best thing is they were long enough to fit--he's 6'4" and very slim and the mediums are a perfect fit. They list back length on their sizing chart and that was key in helping us decide to take the chance on these working out.

Hopefully you can find the back length on the size charts you're looking at. If not maybe you can email the company to find out?

edited for not enough coffee

Edited by Cinder

Thanks everyone, I guess I will be checking out the men's fits.   :001_smile:

Mostly we have gotten his shirts at Wal-mart and from hand-me-downs.  He doesn't care about clothes one whit so I have never spent much for him.  I thought the length issue was from buying cheap brands.  Not from having to size up.  Also, he's my first 14 year old boy and I didn't realize that they went into men's sizes so soon.  

Thanks for the help.  

Thanks everyone, I guess I will be checking out the men's fits.   :001_smile:

Mostly we have gotten his shirts at Wal-mart and from hand-me-downs.  He doesn't care about clothes one whit so I have never spent much for him.  I thought the length issue was from buying cheap brands.  Not from having to size up.  Also, he's my first 14 year old boy and I didn't realize that they went into men's sizes so soon.  

Thanks for the help.  

It's my experience that Walmart's shirts are wider and shorter than Target's.