Menu

I gave in too easily

Night Elf

I went to the grocery store bakery to buy a dutch apple pie which we love and keep in the house all the time. While I was there, one of the employees came out and was being super nice like all the employees of that chain. She took me over to the Valentines cakes table and talked me into cupcakes. Today is DH's birthday so I already baked him a cake that we finished last night. I now have a whole pie. And now I have cupcakes. I almost got the heart shaped cake but it was $10 and the cupcakes were only $4.

I'm pretty sure I went to another in that chain this morning. I caught one glimpse of a beautiful heart-shaped cheesecake covered with strawberries, and rushed to the vegetables. Rushed right by several tables with lovely heart-shaped cakes with flowers, and bought my spinach. (That hasn't kept me from eating a few chocolates though).

I'm glad I didn't see a heart shaped cheesecake! I would have definitely bought that! Oh my! With strawberries? Yum!

It's only 6 cupcakes. I figure that's two each for DH, ds and I. Then they'll be gone.

I wonder what the store does with the goodies it doesn't sell? Who gets all those extra cakes? They had a lot out!

I almost bought cupcakes today.  But we have a freezer full of cake wedges from my daughter's birthday (we buy her the giant costco cake and freeze most of it) and they seemed too similar.  So I bought chocolate croissants instead.    There sure were a lot of nice treats in the store today!

Cupcakes are freezable.  The frosting may get a little squished, but still tasty. 

Edited by marbel

I went last night for cupcakes and also got cookies. Then grandma sent us home with boxes of See's chocolates. Add to that all the valentines the kids brought home, we now have a lot of sugar in this house. And I just realized we also have a package of oreos in the pantry that I was going to make treats for the neighbors with. I better make them and get them over there before someone breaks into them. 

I went last night for cupcakes and also got cookies. Then grandma sent us home with boxes of See's chocolates. Add to that all the valentines the kids brought home, we now have a lot of sugar in this house. And I just realized we also have a package of oreos in the pantry that I was going to make treats for the neighbors with. I better make them and get them over there before someone breaks into them.

Lucky!!!......we love See's here!

I wonder what the store does with the goodies it doesn't sell? Who gets all those extra cakes? They had a lot out!

My local Safeway just sells then until they are gone. They sell pink cupcakes everyday and we didn't see many heart shaped cheesecake. The Valentine candies and chocolates would go on sale a few days after Valentine's day.