Menu

Can you freeze a standing rib roast?

cintinative

I'm pretty sure you can.  I want to say my Mom received one from Omaha Steaks or some such place.  She put it in the freezer and then I cooked it for her when I came to visit.  This was a few years ago, so a little shaky on details, but I know it was frozen. :)

• Like 1

absolutely!

no?!  Never heard anyone say that.  Why does he think you can't?

He's weird about certain cuts of beef. He won't eat frozen steaks (except in stir fry or fajitas) because he says it changes the texture of the meat.  I don't see how it will affect a roast that negatively if I wrap it really well and defrost it properly as mentioned. After all, many people buy a half or full cow and there is no way they eat all the steaks and rib roast the first week they get the meat, right??

• Like 4

He's weird about certain cuts of beef. He won't eat frozen steaks (except in stir fry or fajitas) because he says it changes the texture of the meat.  I don't see how it will affect a roast that negatively if I wrap it really well and defrost it properly as mentioned. After all, many people buy a half or full cow and there is no way they eat all the steaks and rib roast the first week they get the meat, right??

I'd cook it and then not let him eat it because it was previously frozen.

But I'm mean that way. 

• Like 6

no idea what a standing roast  is ( must be a USA term for some cut). We freeze all our meat. we butcher a whole cow at a time and freeze the whole lot. the idea of not being able to freeze a part of the beef is a but ludicrous to me

aka: prime rib, rib roast, rib eye roast.

• Like 2