Menu

Kindle Paperwhite?

Night Elf

There's a Paperwhite for $120. I much prefer that to the Kindle Fire. I think the Fire is hard to read on...it makes my eyes hurt. The Paperwhite is truly perfect, just like reading a real book. However, because I am an obsessive reader I would definitely rather have the Fire than nothing!!

• Like 5

The Kindle Paperwhite is a good choice.  The only downside I have found:

if you tend to fall asleep while reading, like I do, and your thumb is hovering over the screen ready to turn the page, when you wake up you might be many pages farther into the book than you remember reading!

yes, this is a regular occurrence :blushing:

At least it's quick to un-read those pages!

BTW, the Kindle Fire has a blue light setting but I prefer the Paperwhite.  It's lighter, thinner, and easier on the eyes.  No screen glare, to boot.

• Like 2

I have an e-reader history here! 

I had been using a kindle and it stopped charging and I decided to replace it and my iPad 2 with a iPad mini. For some reason, I'm not sure if it was the light or the distraction of having games and the internet at my fingertip, I stopped reading as much. I recently got a Paperwhite and I love it! I am back to reading quite a bit and haven't had any problems. I do recommend the Paperwhite over a tablet - my eyes are much less strained. 

I do agree with Trixie - falling asleep with my finger on the screen sometimes causes me to move around in a book, but I can usually figure out where I am supposed to be relatively quickly. 

Paperwhite. Nothing with a backlight. It makes your eyes hurt and reduces retention of what you have read.

If dyslexia is an issue, get the Paperwhite voyage which has a font that helps dyslexics read more fluently.